• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Just got back. Everything was perfect with baby! Measuring correctly for dates and everything in the right place. So lovely to see baby. I feel so happy and relieved!!! Not too much to see in the photos, but I love them anyway! I love the bottom one, you can see the face a little bit. Nice to have something to look at to convince myself that it is real.

Attachments

• SCAN013.jpg
    SCAN013.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 10
Oh I am so pleased for you, you can see the baby's head clearly in the second one :hugs:

Just realised that I attached pics upside-down. Guess it doesn't really make too much difference though which way up they are!!

Awww congratulations!!! You must be so excited ... you going to show off your pics to all your family/friends now? That bit is a lot of fun :D

Yeah, can't wait!! I'm also really looking forward to being able to tell everyone cos so far we've only told OH's family and a couple of close friends. It's so exciting!!

Awww, lovely pics Polaris! At least you got to see some of the features, all I saw was my baby's back & head - looked like Andy Capp lying on a sofa! :rofl:

LOL Marleysgirl!!! :rofl:

Polaris - make sure you come back and tell us the reactions! :) The best bit about telling people was the shock - they'd all pretty much made up their minds we were never going to have any, and we've been together for over 16 years ... their faces were priceless!!! :D I think most of them are still in shock :rofl:

This is a bit of a pointless post, but I'm 99 days to go today! Wow, so fast ... 3rd tri in just over a week :dance:

So Polaris, did you have fun telling everyone? :D

This is a bit of a pointless post, but I'm 99 days to go today! Wow, so fast ... 3rd tri in just over a week :dance:

So Polaris, did you have fun telling everyone? :D

Woohoo - only 99 days to go! That is another good milestone. I get the feeling 2nd Trimester is going to fly by. First Tri really went slow for me, but I got my date for my 20 week scan, 24th June, and it just sounds like no time away!

Yes telling everyone has been really great - it's just so nice seeing the excitement in people's faces and hearing it in their voice. I still haven't told my mum yet - she doesn't live in the same country as me and also she's on holidays in Italy till tomorrow - so I will be telling her tomorrow. I'm actually a bit nervous about telling her which is strange cos I'm sure she's going to be delighted! I'll let you know.

The only difficult one was having to tell a good friend whose wife had a missed m/c at 12 weeks back in January. I knew it was going to be difficult but wanted to tell him before he heard it through the grapevine. He just went really quiet on the phone and then said congratulations and tried to be enthusiastic but I could tell he was really upset. It was horrible - I didn't really know what to say. I know they haven't started trying again yet because his wife was very unwell after the m/c and hemorrhaged really badly and he told me they were not going to start trying again till after their holiday which is in two weeks time. I really hope it happens quickly for them and that all goes well this time.

I kinda jumped the gun with telling everyone, we couldn't resist spilling the news when I was only 8 weeks!

Polaris, my scan is just over a week before yours, on 15th June. Are you going to ask the sex? We are ... we just want to know if we're right :D

I kinda jumped the gun with telling everyone, we couldn't resist spilling the news when I was only 8 weeks!

Polaris, my scan is just over a week before yours, on 15th June. Are you going to ask the sex? We are ... we just want to know if we're right :D

Ooh, exciting! What do you think it is? And why?
I think I'm having a girl but we're going to wait to find out until he or she's born. Not very many people here in Ireland do find out the sex, I think it's a cultural thing, it's more common to leave it as a surprise!

Hi ladies

Ava - congrats on the 99 day mark, it is a bit scary don't you think?

Polaris good luck telling your Mum, I am still trying to work out how my mum feels about mine!

What is everyone up to this weekend? I went to my sister's yesterday, it was her birthday (36) and she had a bit of a get together, it was ok but I get so tired in the evenings!! Today I am planning to have a lazy day once my ironing is done (mount everest - prob 2 hours worth :hissy:)

I'm not up to much this weekend, Gol. Got up early and went to the local Sunday market this morning, sussing out the baby stuff - but the buggies are almost full price, and there doesn't seem to be much else (no clothing or bedding etc). Might wander into Manc citycentre tomorrow, there's a Balearic Festival going on (Majorca, Menorca etc). I loved the food when I've been on holiday there, so I might see if I can pick up some (hard) cheese and (cured) meat.

Polaris, I'm dying to know how you're getting on today, telling your Mum. I was having kittens about telling my parents, but they've been wonderful about it - I think they washed their hands of my moral wellbeing many years ago!

We're pretty sure we're having a girl, we've thought that from before she was even conceived - which happened extremely quickly, I hadn't even moved in with my partner, it was the weekend I was visiting and we were house-hunting! And my Stepdad (who is pretty psychic) also swears that we're having a girl, to be called Georgia he reckons (not a name on our list).

However, we won't be upset if he turns out to be a boy!!! (Though I will have to re-eBay some stuff!) We want to find out because we're all so darn sure, we want to know if our instincts are right.

Polaris - good luck for telling your Mum, I bet she'll be thrilled, and what a lovely surprise to round off her holiday! And 2nd tri just flies by. Maybe it's because the scan breaks it up half way ... but either way it's ridiculously fast!! Kinda hoping 3rd tri isn't that fast because we still have a LOT to get done :dohh:

Marleysgirl - it will be interesting to see if you're right about the sex. We keep calling our baby "she" even though we don't know .. not sure if it's instinct or not, in about 14 weeks I guess we'll find out :D

Golcarlilly - ironing, ughh. That should be illegal at the weekend!

Our weekend hasn't been anything wildly exciting. We visited family last night, but that's about it. With it being the holiday weekend I think we'll need to get going on the nursery ... we really need to get started with that! First things first, I'm off to have a soak in the bath, should help my back which has been aching a bit more lately. Plus I'll get the chance to read my new book in peace :happydance:

Hi ladies

Polaris good luck telling your Mum, I am still trying to work out how my mum feels about mine!

Well I told my mum on the phone today - I'm not quite sure if she is pleased or not. I think she was a bit taken aback. Then she switched into giving loads of advice about the pregnancy. By the end of the phone call, she was saying that it was exciting. At least she has a bit of time to get her head around it before we visit them in a week and a half. And she will break the news to my dad as well which is good because I would prefer not to see his initial reaction. Anyway at least it is done, phew, it was just as hard as I expected it to be really!

Polaris, sounds like a positive reaction from your Mum all in all! are you expecting a bad one from your Dad? saw my Mum on Sat at my sister's birthday party for the first time in over 2 weeks (she has been on hols to Vegas) and she didn't ask me anything about the baby or the pregnancy - not even a 'how are you' !!! She really p*sses me off!!

I think first and second tri have both gone really slowly!! I am hoping that the next 9 weeks fly by cos then I will be starting my Maternity leave - I am SOOOOO sick of work now! (especially today when I get to work all day on a bank holiday :hissy:)

I didn't do my ironing yesterday, DH and I decided to tidy the garden instead and cut the grass and I planted up two hanging baskets for the front of the house, I am glad we did now cos it looks miles better and the ironing can always wait LOL

Polaris, sounds like a positive reaction from your Mum all in all! are you expecting a bad one from your Dad? saw my Mum on Sat at my sister's birthday party for the first time in over 2 weeks (she has been on hols to Vegas) and she didn't ask me anything about the baby or the pregnancy - not even a 'how are you' !!! She really p*sses me off!!

I think first and second tri have both gone really slowly!! I am hoping that the next 9 weeks fly by cos then I will be starting my Maternity leave - I am SOOOOO sick of work now! (especially today when I get to work all day on a bank holiday :hissy:)

I didn't do my ironing yesterday, DH and I decided to tidy the garden instead and cut the grass and I planted up two hanging baskets for the front of the house, I am glad we did now cos it looks miles better and the ironing can always wait LOL

I'm not exactly expecting a bad reaction from my dad, but it's just that he will always tend to emphasize the negative so it will be 'can you afford it?' and 'what about the mortgage?' and 'what if you and OH break up?' (even though we are together 10 years and both working). And hello, I can't really put it off too much longer!!! Hopefully my dad will prove me wrong and rein in his negative comments!!

That is annoying that your mum didn't refer to the pregnancy - is she the sort of person who doesn't feel comfortable talking about that kind of stuff?

LOL yes ironing is ALWAYS bottom of my to-do list!!

I hope he is pleased for you hun, men have a habit of saying what they think without considering your feelings don't they?!!

I think my Mum just thinks I shouldn't be starting all over again at my age but she has married someone who is 14 years older than her and my DH is 8 years younger than me so I suppose that is partly it, she just doesn't understand, plus she has never really been the maternal type!! I know that she will love my son as she does my DD but I very much doubt she will offer any help either emotionally, financially or practically!! - Oh well - her loss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->