'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Truman - I am so sorry. Take care of yourself and each other, if you need anything, we are here.

:hug:

Oh no, Truman, I am so sorry for you all. :hugs:
Take your time to do whatever you need to do and remember to take good care of yourself.
:hugs:

Truman, I am so so sorry to hear your news. It must be just such a devastating time for you both. I just can't imagine. There are just no words really, but my heart goes out to you.

Well ladies, I am away for two weeks from today, so I'll chat to you when we get back.

have a good time polaris ... where are you off to? i'm off up to north wales now for the weekend, to meet OH and celebrate my 37th birthday (on monday) - take care all x

Have a great time ladies :D Happy Birthday for Monday Ellie!

(I just realised that by the time you come back Polaris, I could be a Mum! OMG!)

Have a lovely holiday Polaris. Wishing you a Happy Birthday for Monday Ellie. Ava, my goodness, that puts it into perspective doesnt it??

It really does! I have ANC on Thursday and MW thinks they might book me in for a section (baby still breech) ... scary stuff!!!! How did I get here so fast?!

Hi Ladies hope you are all keeping well.

I am in washing mode right now washing all the baby's clothes sheets etc....I wonder if that means I'm starting to nest!!

I feel huge right now, def getting all the uncomfortable preg symptoms of sore back, generally uncomfortable all the time, heartburn, and exhaustion! But hey when baby kicks and moves I know it's all worth it. Only 6 wks to go and I can't wait, for some reason i'm convinced I'll go early too. though I did read about the birth process this morning ..... sticking my head back in the ground as it's all a bit scary! I don't have my anti natal class till 3 wks before baby is due, as i'm too laid back for my own good sometimes!

Have a great holiday Polaris and enjoy the relaxation.

Avabear - can't believe you might be having the baby so soon - how exciting and scary, but more exciting!

Marley - try not to worry about the growth issue, if they were concerned they would have you back sooner. Babies have growth spurts and so long as it's in a 2 wk window of your due date they are generally not worried.

Meerkat - I felt movements at 17 wks as I have a posterior placenta - I was just lucky I guess. I also had my '20wk' scan at 18.5wks due to internal auditing and an issue with my real date and offical date. They did call me back again 2 wks later as they couldn't see the heart chambers clearly as 18wks can be too small to see some items, if this does happen don't worry it's normal!

Ellie happy birthday for monday - You'll be joining me at 37!

Have a good weekend :happydance:

Truman, I'm so so sorry to hear your sad news. :hugs:

Meerkat - I felt movements at 17 wks as I have a posterior placenta - I was just lucky I guess.

Hi Ava, please pardon my ignorance :blush: but what's a posterior placenta?
PS Thanks for the heads up about the possible issues at the 18 and a half week scan. :hugs:

Ellie - Happy 37th for Monday

Polaris - Hope you have a splendid holiday!

That was tillymum Meerkat ;) But I *think* your placenta is either posterior or anterior. If it's anterior then it's in front of the baby (between baby and the outside) so you don't tend to feel kicks till much later when baby is stronger. Posterior is where it normally is, i.e. behind baby so you feel kicks sooner. At least I *think* that's right ... LOL.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/complications/anteriorplacentaexpert/

Yes, you've got it right Ava! I've got an anterior placenta, which means it's attached to the front of my uterus (on the right-hand side apparently) and kicks don't feel so strong on that side due to the extra thickness.

That was tillymum Meerkat ;) But I *think* your placenta is either posterior or anterior. If it's anterior then it's in front of the baby (between baby and the outside) so you don't tend to feel kicks till much later when baby is stronger. Posterior is where it normally is, i.e. behind baby so you feel kicks sooner. At least I *think* that's right ... LOL.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/complications/anteriorplacentaexpert/

:oops: OMG sorry... it was rather late and I am a bit ditsy at the moment. :dohh::dohh: Thanks for the answer though!
Let us know how you get on with the MW on Thurs x

Sorry Tillymum :oops: I'm defo losing my concentration these days. I had a mixup at work on Friday too and I'm usually quite on the ball. :football: I don't like it!

How is everyone today? The weather has picked up and I'm going out for a long walk along the coast with my friend and her dogs. I need to get some excercise in. I sprent a rainy yesterday in town shopping and came back with next to nothing.

Ahh the pregnancy brain, wonderful!! I hate it too, I couldnt find my keys a couple of days ago, they were for the car, house, cash box and windows and could I find any of the spares, I could not. I really couldnt remember where I had put them I couldnt even retrace my steps, totally bonkers!! Luckily my little 4 year old found them for me (does this mean I currently have an intellect lower than that of a 4 year old, hmmmmm??)

Truman I am so very sorry to hear of your loss, thinking of you :hugs:

Im so sorry to hear about your loss Truman.
Am thinking about you

Had a good day today :happydance:

I love FreeCycle!!!!! We picked up a lion face clock, two animal cot bumpers, a jungle theme cot mobile, and she even threw in some jungle-print curtains that we weren't expecting .... our animal theme nursery is now virtually complete!

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Tigsteroonie/Baby/P1020637.jpg

Meerkat - no probs, I hate baby brain! A while back I was really spotty and absentminded, and I was most displeased that the baby was making me "ugly and stupid" :rofl:

Marleysgirl - looks great!! I really love the curtains, they are so cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->