'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Marleysgirl - Love the room, particularly the bright colours. And great that you picked up a bargain or two which is always a bonus.

Have you been busy stocking up on teddies? I see you have oodles of them! It's lovely, and makes me want to get my nursery started. :baby:

Ahh the pregnancy brain, wonderful!! I hate it too, I couldnt find my keys a couple of days ago, they were for the car, house, cash box and windows and could I find any of the spares, I could not. I really couldnt remember where I had put them I couldnt even retrace my steps, totally bonkers!! Luckily my little 4 year old found them for me (does this mean I currently have an intellect lower than that of a 4 year old, hmmmmm??)

Glad I'm not the only one! I always thought it was a bit of an old wives tale, this business about not being with it when you're pregnant but I can say for sure now it's definitely true!

Ava - Yes I know what you mean I'm currently feeling fat and stupid and it's all LO's fault!! :rofl: I notice you said this was a while ago - does that mean I shall soon bloom/glow etc like they say??? :happydance::happydance:

Have you been busy stocking up on teddies? I see you have oodles of them! It's lovely, and makes me want to get my nursery started. :baby:

Would you believe that they are almost *all* my own teddies, gathered over the last 30 years? I have a thing for soft toys - when I was small, I lost most of mine by throwing them out of the buggy - so ever since I was old enough, I started making sure I kept them! That's only about half of the collection :blush: Goodness knows where I'm going to put the huge teddybear, he stands 3 feet tall!

Would you believe that they are almost *all* my own teddies, gathered over the last 30 years? I have a thing for soft toys - when I was small, I lost most of mine by throwing them out of the buggy - so ever since I was old enough, I started making sure I kept them! That's only about half of the collection :blush: Goodness knows where I'm going to put the huge teddybear, he stands 3 feet tall!

I totally understand, I have loads too! I gave some to charity recently but I find it really hard to give them away, so over the years I've gathered quite a collection. As a child I wasn't interested in dolls, just loved all my teddies. I s'pose LO will have a new collection and our house will be filled with furry faces!! :rofl:

Ava - Yes I know what you mean I'm currently feeling fat and stupid and it's all LO's fault!! I notice you said this was a while ago - does that mean I shall soon bloom/glow etc like they say???

Well I'd like to say yes LOL ... I'm not sure if I bloomed/glowed but the spots cleared up :rofl: As for the brain freeze, it defrosts a bit more slowly :blush: :rofl:

Marleysgirl, I love the room!! The fact that they are your teddies makes them even more special for your baby. My daughter has a little very battered bull, that was mine from my step grandad when I was 1y/o, she has told me several times that it would be the one thing she'd grab if there was a fire.

[QUOTE
Sorry Tillymum :oops: I'm defo losing my concentration these days. I had a mixup at work on Friday too and I'm usually quite on the ball. :football: I don't like it![/QUOTE]

No worries Meerkat!

I have major preggie brain too, problem is I keep losing things never to find them again - like my camera, my sunglasses, one of my bank cards, paper work! I think I put them all somewhere safe.......but where that is the question!

:cry::cry: I woke up this morning to a face full of spots! :pizza:

And they're not little ones either, they're red and angry and won't be contained with make up. I'm falling to bits. :hissy:

:hugs: meerkat! The only answer is chocolate. I figure when I have spots that my skin can't get any worse, so get out the emergency maltesers and at least be happy and spotty. ;)

Ava, I think that is the very best advice I have ever heard!! Im off to the shop now!

LOL soon2b6 - the best piece of advice I heard was "life is short, eat dessert first". I've often wondered what I would want as a tattoo, and I think that's it. :rofl:

And - even if I do say so myself - excuses to eat chocolate are a bit of a speciality. :rofl:

he he that's sound advice thank you. I actually feel better already! :rofl:

Sorry to be a downer ... I need a hug ...

I'm really stressed out, there's been a few ladies in 3rd tri who've lost their babies in the last few days - they were really far on, it's just tragic and I hate to sound selfish but it's totally freaking me out. I've already been to hospital (Sunday) because of reduced movements - they checked me out and said everything was fine, but I've now even rented a doppler to try and ease my concerns. I just want this baby out now so that I can hug it and know it's OK ... if it can happen to one person, it can surely happen to anyone ... my MW checked me over yesterday and everything was fine and I have a scan tomorrow so I might feel better then ... I think I just need a hug and some reassurance ... :cry:

Hun have a :hug: from me, I am panic stricken about this too, seems like it is such a common occurence and it is scaring the living daylights outta me, I feel so bad for all the ladies who have lost their precious LO's at such a late stage, it just doesn't bear thinking about does it?

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
I know, these stories are heartwrenching, it seems so wrong. You have to try to hang on to the fact that the vast majority are born fine. Keep doing what you are doing, paying attention to your baby and your body and most importantly act on it (like you did on Sunday) its all any of us can do.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I have been worring for the past few wks about still birth and these posts have made me more and more anxious. i just don't know how i'd cope!

My heart goes out to the girls who have had such a tragic loss so late in their pregnancies. I just want my baby out safe and sound and hope and pray that we all will have our healthy babies to take home with us.

:hugs:

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Tigsteroonie/hug.jpg

Hello all, can I come in? I'm 33 and first-timer. Probably some of you have seen me posting over at 2nd tri.

I have not much contact with other pregnant people, and since it's my first one, I am quite stressed out a lot of times. I've never really thought about all the things that can go wrong, while i was obsessing TTC...

The bad news of late had scared me too a lot.

Hi Szaffi - welcome :) Good to have you aboard :flower:

Thanks ladies :hugs2:. I always thought it was incredibly rare and didn't really happen these days :( I think it's just been a shock to realise that it's not as rare as I thought :( The next few weeks can't go by fast enough so I can have this baby in my arms, safe and sound. I've got my scan at 9:30 this morning so hopefully I'll be happier then. Having slept on it I think I'll try and avoid the 3rd tri forum for now ... no point in freaking myself out, it doesn't help LO, and with my BP problems, it's not helping that either. Thankfully baby is up and moving around already so I'm a little bit reassured ... roll on 9:30.

:hugs2: :hugs2: :hugs2: :hugs2: :hugs2: :hugs2: :hugs2: :hugs2:

To end this post on a cheery note, I'm just watching Breakfast on BBC and there are these musicians who are all in their 70s and 80s - brilliant! They say music keeps them young at heart, hope I have that much spirit at their age!! Really brightened up my day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjnfoFg7i7g&eurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eyoungatheartchorus%2Ecom%2Ffilm%2Ephp&feature=player_embedded

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->