'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Hey Ava (or should I say Mummy!!), Congratulations, Finlay is a great name. I absolutely love little babies (my first was 5lb13oz so fairly little)

Take care of yourself and send us piccies as soon as you can.

Oh Ava thats fantastic news, how exciting! Many congratulations to you both! And little Finlay x :happydance::happydance:

Can't wait to see the pics, so glad you're all well.

CONGRATS Ava, what lovely news!! Finlay is a gorgeous name :) Hope you are all keeping well and are able to come home soon xox

Congrats on having Finlay! :happydance: Can't wait to see pics!!!!

:happydance:
CONGRATULATIONS Ava!!! How wonderful! I love the name too! Hope you're all doing well and cant' wait to see pics! So pleased!

(I just noticed I'm in the sixth ticker box now - still feels like ages to go...!)

I just noticed that I'm almost into double-figures of days left!!!!

Congratulations Ava!!!!!!! Hope you and Finlay are doing well, can't wait to see piccies, take care and hope he can come home soon :hugs:

Thanks everyone :hug:

I'm home now, physically very well, but mentally .. well that's another matter. Finlay is doing really well, we've had a couple of blips and he's still in the neonatal unit but he's really coming on and we hope to have him home soon. He's just terrific. I've never felt anything like this, it's completely overwhelming to love someone so much, so quickly. It's funny because hubby said to me yesterday (grinning), "I suppose I'm not your favourite boy any more, eh?" and I laughed and said, "no but I'm probably your second favourite person now too, eh?". We're just head over heels in love with our boy. :cloud9: It's opened up a whole new world to us.

I was discharged today - I've been struggling in hospital, being on a ward where pretty much everyone else had their babies with them. It's tough being there (even in a room on your own), hearing other babies cry when yours isn't with you. Even worse I haven't been allowed into the nursery yesterday or today because I have a little sniffle (basically I have a blocked nose, that's all) ... I miss my boy so much. I do understand they have to be super-careful and totally support them (even though I know I'm not actually ill or infectious, I don't expect them to take any chances), but it's just absoloutely devastating to be separated from Finlay, now for 2 days. I was crushed this morning and eventually the midwife found me sobbing in the toilet ... I begged them to let me home and they were brilliant, really supportive and promised me they'd get me home today .. and by 11:30 I was discharged. It's much easier to cope at home because I can put my energy into resting so that I get up to 100% asap, and I can wash all Finlay's gifts and put them away .. do thank you cards etc. So much easier to focus on positive things at home than it is in hospital.

On a more positive note, I've been expressing milk for him and now I'm up to 50ml at a time, it goes up every day which is really pleasing. I've just bought a pump and these fantastic breastmilk bags that I can express into and take them down to the hospital for him. I love that I am able to do that for him, I'm desperate to maintain any kind of bond with him and it's very satisfying to see it, comforting almost to know I'm doing something for my boy! :happydance:

:hugs: Ava, have they said how long he is likely to be in there? Sorry you have the sniffles, hope you are soon better and can visit, it must be hard to be kept out, great on the BF front though, what a fab start for him, which pump did you get?

Ava - Your message has left me feeling a bit emotional and teary! I think it's probably because I felt Eggnog move last night for the first time (those early popping flicking type feelings).

I really hope Finlay gets home to be with you and your OH soon and I'm really glad to hear you have been discharged xx

Thanks for the update Ava-honey, and I hope those sniffles go soon :D

Hi Ava, sorry to hear that you can't visit little Finlay at the moment, it must be very hard. Is your OH allowed in to see to him until your sniffles clear up?

I hope Finlay's home with you both very soon. In the meantime take care and get as much rest as you can :hugs:

I think it's probably because I felt Eggnog move last night for the first time (those early popping flicking type feelings).

How exciting Pie! :happydance: :happydance: I'm still not certain if it's LO or not but even as I type this I can feel little poppings going on. Surely it must be :baby:. I don't remember ever feeling it before!

Popping deffo sounds like LO moving, that is how it felt to me anyway - it is fab isn't it? I now get massive kicks and pushes like he is trying to make his escape so make the most of the dainty butterfly kisses LOL !!

Hope everybody has good weekends and you are able to make plenty of visits to the hospital to see Finlay Ava!

I have a long weekend off work (yipppeee!) so heading across to Ullapool tonight in Dennis (our camper van) the bed is only slightly wider than a single so had better make the most of it whilst I can :)

Am excited for those of you that are due v.soon!!

xx

Ava, sorry to hear that you had a sniffle, I can understand where they are coming from but I also understand what you are having to deal with just now :hugs:, my 4th baby was in scbu for a fortnight and I had to leave without him, the hardest most unnatural feeling in the world!! Im really pleased you are able to express for him, that will help him no end. I established BF without a hitch after doing expressing whilst he was in scbu. Have they told you about night time expressing (I guess they have) but its supposed to be the best time to express to get the supply going and established, It felt really wierd to set the alarm clock to go and express milk!!

Pie, those first movements are sooooo fantastic, Im pleased for you, have a good weekend!

Have a "great" time in Ullapool, Pie .... It's in quotes because I can't remember there being that much to do in Ullapool :D No offence, 'tis a lovely wee place, just kinda remote :D

Hope you have a great time pie - am jealous of your camper van!!

Gol - no they haven't given us any kind of clue ... I've hinted but I think they just don't as a principle, I guess too much changes with babies too quickly. As for the pump, I got the Medela Swing after discussion with someone in Mothercare - it's great so far, I've been getting 50ml per sitting but I'm up to 75ml with it already! And we bought these special bags that you can express straight into which is great to take to the hospital, and they freeze too - very happy with it :)

PieMistress - congrats on feeling movement!!! It's so exciting! IIRC we're at the same hospital, correct? The staff are wonderful and we were thrilled with the care we received. Just thought you might like to know ;) Oh and I love that your camper van has a name!!!

Marleysgirl - thanks, me too. Think it's just a blocked nose so some rest should hopefully get me back to 100%. They told me at the hospital to rest - it's impossible in there, all the comings and goings!!!!

Meerkat - thankfully hubby is free to come and go, and the grandparents can between 3pm-7pm, and now that I'm home, hubby doesn't have to spread his time as thinly as he has been, so he can spend more time with our little boy. Oh - congrats on feeling things too, it's some feeling, eh? :happydance:

Wow huge congrats on baby Finlay Ava :flower: hope he comes home soon.
Sorry to hear you have a sniffle and they won't let you in to see him, I can only imagine how hard that is. Amazing you have a little son :happydance: makes me so excited for mine to arrive!

Got my pram, car seat and babychange unit, so exciting. We were total first time parents with the pram, trying to work out the dynamics of it all, think we've got the hang of it now. DH was so cute this evening, he wanted to take the pram for a walk with us to give it a trial run! :)

Congrats Pie Mistress on feeling movement it just gets better and better and have a great camper van trip.! and Meekat i'd say you are feeling movement too!

Only 5 working days at work left!!! finish next friday :happydance: I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Getting very excited and nervous now, only 4 wks to go ..... and i'm in the last box with my ticker!!

Hope you are all doing well :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->