'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Got my pram, car seat and babychange unit, so exciting. We were total first time parents with the pram, trying to work out the dynamics of it all, think we've got the hang of it now. DH was so cute this evening, he wanted to take the pram for a walk with us to give it a trial run! :)

That is soooo cute - and soooo something I would want to do too! :haha:

Ava I am glad you like that pump, it is the one I bought! FX he won't have to be in too long and you can have him home with you :hugs:

Tilly yaay for mat leave starting next week - do you have lots of plans?

IKWYM tillymum, the mechanisms are a bit unusual on the baby stuff!! Takes a bit of getting used to, the catches on the car seat confused me if I remember right.

I now get massive kicks and pushes like he is trying to make his escape so make the most of the dainty butterfly kisses LOL !!

He he that made me laugh!

Only 5 working days at work left!!! finish next friday :happydance: I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Getting very excited and nervous now, only 4 wks to go ..... and i'm in the last box with my ticker!! Hope you are all doing well :hugs:

4 weeks Wow how exciting! :happydance: I am soooo jealous you've only 1 week til maternity leave. I have ages yet. Oh well, lots and lots still to do so its probably a good job I have plenty of time to do it all.

Have a lovely weekend all :hugs:

tillymum - that's so cute about the buggy!! We thought all along that the baby was a girl, and when they held him up to us it was a real surprise! So much for mother's intuition LOL.

Tonight I'm going back in to see him, first time since Tuesday. I've waited 3 days for this blocked nose to show other symptoms, to get worse or to turn into something and it hasn't so it's clearly not going to. I spoke to the MW and she agrees - I mean it could be an allergy or anything, but it's definitely not a cold or anything of that sort so I'm going back in. I need to see my boy! I just hope I don't cry and make a fool of myself ... :blush: He's doing so well now, eating up breastmilk like no one's business, which is just fantastic. He's started putting on weight and the other things seem to be settling (touch wood). I think I'll have trouble keeping up with his demand for breast milk LOL, he seems to love it :thumbup: I'm so proud of him :cloud9:

:hugs: ava, have a wonderful time with little finlay this evening, really hope he comes home soon! Sounds like he is doing great!

so exciting tillymum - 1 week left - i'd be climbing the walls!! i have 15 weeks left :sulks:, humph. Have 2 weeks off now though :happydance: and OH is at home busily painting the nursery today, I'd better get off home and help! and also start moving my huge piles of clothes that usually live in there! Oh dear ... some serious sorting out and ebaying on the horizon methinks ....

oh and Golcarlilly how is yours going?? are you bored yet :)

Aww Ava you must be finding it hard not having him with you hun :hugs: is the expressing still going well then? I am gonna 'have a go'with my pump this weekend LOL Hope you have a lovely time with Finlay, don't forget to take a pic for us we are dying to see him!

Ellie, I am a bit bored I must admit!! I am not really going anywhere much cos I would rather be at home when I go into labour so my activities are either having people visit me, watching crap tv, doing housework (yawn) doing my jigsaw or coming on here!

Hi guys, hope you don't mind I keep popping in and out to see how you are getting along. Great news avabear congratulations.

Ava Im so pleased you are able to see him tonight, it does sound like he is doing really well, putting on weight already, you must be doing something right!!
Truman, good to hear from you.

I am 44 eeek and pregnant with no 3 suffered with pcos and infertility before so this one really is a little miracle!

ellie - he is doing FAB! Went in last night and he had been enjoying his food all day (now up to 15ml a go), they've decided that once a day he'll get a bottle, because he seems to be a bit more satisfied with the sensation of feeding from a bottle (plus he needs to get used to it), and the rest of the day he's still being fed down his little tube (that's all they use the tube for, to feed directly into his stomach). They are going to give him the bottle when we're there so that we can do it, can't wait! :happydance:

Gol - the expressing is going really well. Good job because my boy is starting to get an appetite :happydance: It really pays to be regular with it, and never to miss that 3am session. I'm doing roughly 60-75ml a session now, and I express roughly every 4 hours through the day and of course the 3am shift. I have photos of Finlay on facebook - if anyone's a member then PM me and I'll add you ... will probably take more pictures today :happydance:

Truman - thanks :hugs: Hope you are well and taking care of yourself, it's nice to hear from you.

soon2b6 - he's just a little star and he's developing a good appetite :) Am a step ahead of him just now with the expressing, they have plenty of my milk in the freezer for him, but he's doing so well that I hope he doesn't overtake me!

Ava so glad he is doing well :hugs: I have pmed you my facebook details, would love to have a look at the little dude xx

Hi Sandollar - welcome to the thread, I am 40 next Thursday and have a DD who is 15 :)

Are you doing anything to celebrate your birthday Gol?
Ava, You'll keep up with him Im sure, its really good hes feeding so well, the best!

Hi Truman

Nice to hear from you. Hope you're keeping ok :hugs:

Ava - So glad Finlay's doing so well and putting on weight.

Hi Sandollar - Welcome and congratulations! I'm 40, it's our first baby and I can't wait! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->