'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Fantastic news! Good work Andrew :thumbup:

What kind of tube was he fed with before? And the babygro sounds cute, hope you've got a picture!!
He was on an oral gastric tube before, Ava. It sat in the middle of his mouth over his tongue, so the poor baby couldn't stick his tongue out at me!

I didn't get any photos of the cute babygro (forgot my phone!) but his uncle did, I'm just waiting for them to get uploaded to FB.

Scheduled weigh-in last night, now 3lb 3.5oz :happydance: and still off Cpap :happydance:

Hi all I wondered if I could buddy on here please. I am 39 in 2 weeks and have just found out I am pregnant. Very very happy and much wanted. Yesterday I had a little brown coloured discharge on the loo roll, I don't know if this was due to having sex on Saturday evening (we got carried away). I do panic very quickly though and immediately booked in with Doc this morning. His doppler couldn't pick up heartbeat as I am only around 6-7wks. It happened happened again until lunchtime today when I saw the tiniest bit on the loo roll again. Could this be old blood? I have no pain or anything a little stretching of the uterus but just like butterflies really. Midwife said for me just to check if it goes red and rest. I feel totally fine in myself am I totally being over protective? I am going for an early scan etc on Wednesday morning may feel better then. Sorry for the rant it's just nice to tell others that have been in that situation. Happy times ahead for all us older mums x x

Hi all I wondered if I could buddy on here please. I am 39 in 2 weeks and have just found out I am pregnant. Very very happy and much wanted. Yesterday I had a little brown coloured discharge on the loo roll, I don't know if this was due to having sex on Saturday evening (we got carried away). I do panic very quickly though and immediately booked in with Doc this morning. His doppler couldn't pick up heartbeat as I am only around 6-7wks. It happened happened again until lunchtime today when I saw the tiniest bit on the loo roll again. Could this be old blood? I have no pain or anything a little stretching of the uterus but just like butterflies really. Midwife said for me just to check if it goes red and rest. I feel totally fine in myself am I totally being over protective? I am going for an early scan etc on Wednesday morning may feel better then. Sorry for the rant it's just nice to tell others that have been in that situation. Happy times ahead for all us older mums x x

oohh hello and welcome - I had bleeding much the same as yours when I was 6 weeks - I went for an early scan and all was fine xxx oh they found twins lol but dont let that put you off hehehehe. See the little blob scan pic in my signature that is the one. They told me that there may not be heartbeats at that stage so not to expect one - there were in our case but dont be surprised if there isnt as it can be I think up to 8 weeks before heart beats start xxxxxxxxxx

Best of luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Vicky OMG twins I had never even thought of that, they have to start somewhere I suppose. Well done you how exciting. I am just trying not to worry bit difficult given my age. The doc thought I was a bimbo I am sure as its my 3rd child but my eldest is nearly 20 and my youngest nearly 17 so it's a while since I have given birth haha. I am a little reassured though after speaking to my midwife and also reading the stories on here as lots of women have gone through the same thing. Thank you for the reply Vicky its nice to talk to people that have gone through the same.

x x :happydance:

Marleys - That's good news about the tongue ;) and he'll be much more comfortable too. He sounds like a right little character, so I wonder how long it will take him to try and pull it out?!! Finlay had an NG tube and he pulled it out several times ... on one occasion the nurse found him with it in his hand, looking very proud of himself :rofl: We had to put scratch mitts on in the end, little monkey.

He's doing amazingly well and it's great to hear he's put on even more weight - and that's fantastic about the cpap. :thumbup:

Stotty - welcome :)

Hi Stotty, and welcome to the Oldies :D Excuse me for being nosey, but how do your other children feel about the pregnancy, given the age gap? I'm just curious, there's no hidden agenda in the question!

Ava, he's already pulled the NGT out once! But he was behaving today, only the nasal cannula got dislodged, not the feed tube. They've taken away his Cpap device completely, so he won't go back onto it unless he takes really bad, they'll nurse him just on the oxygen now. But he was no more interested in my boobie today, just kissed it again; I even expressed a little milk and dripped it onto his lips for a taste, but he had the most disgusted look on his face! So I moved him up and kangaroo-cuddled him instead to make him smile.

happened 2 me after sex with my 1st baby!

Ava, he's already pulled the NGT out once! But he was behaving today, only the nasal cannula got dislodged, not the feed tube. They've taken away his Cpap device completely, so he won't go back onto it unless he takes really bad, they'll nurse him just on the oxygen now. But he was no more interested in my boobie today, just kissed it again; I even expressed a little milk and dripped it onto his lips for a taste, but he had the most disgusted look on his face! So I moved him up and kangaroo-cuddled him instead to make him smile.

Hehe I did wonder how long it would take! I think it's partly because it's a thin tube so easy for them to grab, and once they've got a hold, it's a quick tug and out it comes. It always used to make me cringe when Finlay grabbed it - I could see him reaching for it, and it would be a race to see who got to it first, him or me! And it sounds like another giant step forward with the Cpap going away :thumbup:

:hi: Hi Stotty welcome aboard.

Vicky - Love your avatar with the new 4d scan pics. How cool!

Franny - hope you feel better soon hon. I've had a crap week waking up 4 times a night coughing my guts up. My poor :baby: must wonder what the dickens is going on. I've made a docs appt for Friday so hope if its not gone by then that the doc will come up with another plan.

Had a lovely weekend with my sisters but been sleeping a lot since then to help the nasties go away. :sleep:

Hope everyone is well. I can't belive it's October already!!

Meerkat - sorry you're feeling rough :hugs:. I always think it's worse when you're pregnant because there is so much you can't take.

I can't believe it's October either, it's my birthday this month, I'll be 36, and it's our 9th wedding anniversary this month too, 17 years we'll have been together overall. I hope the next 17 years don't go by as fast!!!! :dohh:

Hi Ava

Thank you I'm feeling a bit better today actually. Although I've been a bit worried this morning as I haven't felt :baby: move today. Ive just eaten and am drinking an ice cold drink of apple juice and there's definitely some movement now! But perhaps not as excitable as usual. Not sure if I should be worried or not.

Wow 17 years that's fab Ava congratulations! And your birthday too, when is it?

Hi Ava

Thank you I'm feeling a bit better today actually. Although I've been a bit worried this morning as I haven't felt :baby: move today. Ive just eaten and am drinking an ice cold drink of apple juice and there's definitely some movement now! But perhaps not as excitable as usual. Not sure if I should be worried or not.

oohh you are further along than me so not sure how often you should feel movement at that stage - do you have a number you can call for reassurance? hope LO starts dancing for you soon xxx

oohh you are further along than me so not sure how often you should feel movement at that stage - do you have a number you can call for reassurance? hope LO starts dancing for you soon xxx

Thanks hon, :baby: seems to be moving around after my cold apple juice. Although when you asked it did occur to me that I wouldn't have a clue who to call to be honest if I wanted reassurance. :nope: I should check my notes to see if theres a number and keep it with me. :dohh:

Oh dear, I had a bit of an embarrassing adventure last night...

I got home from work and was still worried about lack of movements from LO. I laid on the bed on my side, then my back, then the other side and still hardly a movement. DH could tell I was worried and insisted that I call NHS Direct to put my mind at rest. So I did and they told me to call the Labour Ward for advice. And as soon as the lovely MW starting speaking to me I burst into tears and couldn't stop. I was mortified!! Anyway, she told me to come in straight away and pack an overnight bag just in case!

So DH and I headed off to the maternity ward. When I got there they were so lovely and the MW I spoke to on the phone came over and I started crying again! :cry:

Anyway to cut a long story short she wired me up to a monitor which checked the amount of movement and another one which listened to the heartbeat. Typically, and to my relief, LO started kicking like mad more or less as soon as I was hooked up to the machine! I was so happy but also really embarrassed to be there. I hate the thought of wasting their time or them thinking I'm neurotic or paranoid.

Then a doc came to check me and the baby and reassured me that everything was fine. Me and DH were there for over an hour altogether. DH was starving bless him :haha: They were very reassuring and the lovely MW said if she was me she would have done the same and I was right to go and check if I was worried.

So I've been in a labour ward! I haven't told a soul (apart from all of you!), and have sworn DH to secrecy as I'm still pretty embarrassed by the whole episode but I feel so relaxed today and :baby: is having a lovely kicky day too!

One funny thing, I had packed my overnight bag in a haze of tears and when I came to unpack realised I had put in a pair of clean knickers, pyjama bottoms (no top), my toothbrush and my hair straighteners. :haha: Think I need to rethink this choice when I go in for the real thing!!

hahahahahaha pmsl oohhh dear that did make me chuckle!!!! no PJ top and hair straighteners hehehehehehehehehe

Seriously am glad LO is ok - I called the MW today as I managed to pull a muscle and felt a right tw*t but she was really nice too.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Im glad everything was OK and at least you got a "dry run" at the hospital bag, lol. Dont feel embarrased, we all worry about movement after all its all we have to know our babies are OK when we are pregnant.

glad all was well meerkat. the bit about the hair straighteners made me laugh! it is definately best 2 get checked out if u not sure about something. better safe than sorry was never more true than when u r pregnant!

hehe - I guess that's why they tell you to pack your bag in advance.

Glad LO is ok. ROFL at the bag!!!

Don't be embarrassed, I was there several times with the same thing, they'd much rather you went than you left it and sat worrying yourself sick. :hugs:

I'm watching (sky+) Electric Dreams, BBC4. Anyone else watching it? Brilliant stuff, so nostalgic. The episode I'm watching now is the 80s, and it's ace, I remember way too much (as I did with the 70s programme last week :blush:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->