'Older Mums' buddies thread!

I know and the funny thing is that DH was watching me pack and didn't bat an eyelid at the straighteners or ask why I hadn't packed any clothes!

I'm watching (sky+) Electric Dreams, BBC4. Anyone else watching it? Brilliant stuff, so nostalgic. The episode I'm watching now is the 80s, and it's ace, I remember way too much (as I did with the 70s programme last week :blush:)

How many times have you shouted "I had one of those!" ??? We kept having to pause & rewind the program, we were talking over it so much! :rofl:

I know, I got so excited over some of the stuff LOL. It was funny when the kids were asking how many channels they'd have on the TV, I sounded so old saying "we had 3 and it did us just fine" :rofl:

I don't have Sky :cry: boohoo I couldn't see what you were watching!

I think I saw that one, did they play with a "simon" game?

All together now..........I had one of those, LOL

Guess who got promoted today?

Andrew's out of his incubator and in a cot :happydance: :happydance:

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Tigsteroonie/Baby/DSC00412.jpg

OMG!!!!!!! I know *exactly* how exciting that is!!!! Go Andrew!!!! :happydance: :hug:

soonie - yes that's the one ... and yes I did (and loved it LOL)

Wow, huge congratulations on Andrew's progress! Love the outfit, he looks really snug and comfy in his little hat and cardy!

OMG OMG OMG - how gorgeous is Andrew!!!!! LOVE the outfit where did you get it? - I feel some shopping coming on hehe

Hope everyone is well - bizarre dream last night I dreamed we ended up having two girls hehehehee - how weird

We have ANOTHER scan on Monday - I know something is wriggling around and growing in there so am less petrified than the scans to date. I will still be dreading that first moment though until they find the heartbeats we are hoping to get 3d pics again too this time - WHOOP WHOOP

OH has the day off today and I work from home and have LOADS to do boooo which I hate when he is off as its lovely crisp and sunny here so would love to pile the dogs in the car and go out for the day. booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I am feeling FANTASTIC today - no pains or anything my pulled stomach muscle has eased and I only got up three times for a pee WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!

Anyway is 8am too early for a chocolate donut? hehehehhe

OMG OMG OMG - how gorgeous is Andrew!!!!! LOVE the outfit where did you get it? - I feel some shopping coming on hehe

I'm afraid I can take no credit for the outfit - he's being dressed in SCBU clothes. The nurses prefer it to be all their clothes or all your own, not a mix, as then they know whether to put the clothes to their laundry or bag them for parents to collect. It's a white babygro with blue dogs and "woof" comments.

But he'll be dressed similarly when we bring him home, as his Nanna has knitted about a dozen matching jackets & hats! Good job he'll be too young to be embarrassed about wearing home knitted clothes.

Anyway is 8am too early for a chocolate donut? hehehehhe

It is never too early - nor too late - to eat anything that has chocolate in it!

Hi all thanks for all the welcomes. Marleysgirl - my other children are totally overwhelmed by the whole brother or sister thing. My eldest is nearly 20 and is mine with my childhood sweetheart which is who I am marrying in 6 weeks time in Vegas. I just hope I am not at the really really sicky stage when I fly. Vicky - I had a bath monday evening and the whole of the browny discharge seemed to loosen I totally s... myself! That was it I was so upset although none of it red blood all looked old. I rested in bed for that night and took the day off Tuesday. Went for the scan on Wednesday and around babys sac there was no any sign of any bleed (massive relief). I had to have an internal scan and little monkey was hiding in the corner but they picked him up and I saw little heartbeat very fast. It seems to be after I have opened my bowels you know there is a little discolour on the tissue. My mum seems to think this could be the folic acid she said she takes vitamins every morning and there is always a little staining after her first wee and she isn't even pregnant!! I am fine and dandy now though and eating again which is good going to see midwife in 2wks and my dating scan is week before my wedding. I only have access to the internet at work so been out of the loop for few days watching daytime tv but glad to see all well x x

:thumbup: Awww fab news Marleys, love the pic!

I only got up three times for a pee WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!

Only 3 times? :rofl: PMSL bless you. I'm totally there with you. I was up and down all night during the first tri, then it eased off, and lo and behold it's started again.. How much can one person pee I wonder?

Stotty, Glad your scan went well. And how exciting you're getting married in 6 weeks. I got married in Feb this year and it was the best day ever. I'd love to do it all over again, although I suspect my dress might be more useful as a hanky right now! I wouldnt get it near me. :haha:

Have you got something fab to wear? :happydance:

A hanky haha! Yes I had my final wedding dress fitting the week before I found out I was pregnant!! Needless to say I have an emergency one booked in for 29th October as my waistline is quickly expanding the sleek sexy wedding dress I was having will just look a little different.:haha::haha:

I will be around 16 weeks at the party what will I look like:happydance:

x x

A hanky haha! Yes I had my final wedding dress fitting the week before I found out I was pregnant!! Needless to say I have an emergency one booked in for 29th October as my waistline is quickly expanding the sleek sexy wedding dress I was having will just look a little different.:haha::haha:

x x

Lettuce leaves and carrot diet for you til the end of Oct! :winkwink:

Only kidding, don't worry hon you'll be gorgeous x

Awwww how cute is Andrew in his big boy clothes, his little hand sticking out of the sleeve is just adorable!

Meerkat, so glad your LO is ok, I found I had lots of quiet movement days with Chloe, best to get it checked out. Had to laugh at the hair straighteners and Pj tops.

Vicki good luck with your scans

Anytime in the day is good 4 choc donougts, or anything chocolate in fact!

Got to go Chloe just puked on her 'I love DADDY'top again think shes embarrassed to be seen in it in public!

x x

Lettuce leaves and carrot diet for you til the end of Oct! :winkwink:

Only kidding, don't worry hon you'll be gorgeous x

Now I know you was only kidding but lettuce leaves, salad, carrots, veg all my cravings!!! Yes I am totally weird I couldn't touch a bar of chocolate or a curry if it was given to me for free. As long as its fruit veg or salad cream I am in heaven :haha::haha:x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->