'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Stotty - Ahh hon, if you're worried maybe give the hospital a call to see if you can speak to a MW? Next Thursday is a long time away and a long time to be worrying. They may be able to put your mind at rest. :hugs:[/QUOTE]

Thank you meerkat yes little worried but it isn't with every wee just the odd one. I rang midwife she said that from the description I have given her it does seem pretty normal as I would have just been finishing a period nevertheless still worrying time isn't it. I get my appetite back around 12pm so I feel ok in my myself and have no pain. Bit strange, I have had two boys I must be carrying a girly!!! :baby:

:hugs:

Thank you meerkat yes little worried but it isn't with every wee just the odd one. I rang midwife she said that from the description I have given her it does seem pretty normal as I would have just been finishing a period nevertheless still worrying time isn't it. I get my appetite back around 12pm so I feel ok in my myself and have no pain. Bit strange, I have had two boys I must be carrying a girly!!! :baby:

First trimester is a very scary time, how many weeks are you now? That's good that midwife thinks it sounds normal. I'm sure everything will be fine, try not to worry too much, easier said than done I know.

First trimester is a very scary time, how many weeks are you now? That's good that midwife thinks it sounds normal. I'm sure everything will be fine, try not to worry too much, easier said than done I know.

I agree with Polaris, it's good that you spoke to the MW and she said it sounds normal. Hope she's put your mind at rest, being pregnant is one big worry I've decided! Maybe you're right about it being a girl this time! x

enjoy your posh meal polaris. you wont get many of those soon! lol! sorry 2 hear that baby didnt feel like turning. never mind so long as he/she is ok then that's what counts.

stotty - i had the same sort of thing with my 1st baby. hope everything is fine with u! xxx

Got some nice photos of baby's face at my scan on Friday for the breech clinic and I just thought I would share them. I wasn't expecting to get photos at all so it was a nice surprise! I love the way you can really see baby's features!

Attachments

• SCAN038 small.jpg
    SCAN038 small.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 14
Aww bless Polaris! Always a nice surprise to get pics :) I look at ours now and it's quite surreal to look at the scan, and then look at the real thing .... I still can't get my head round it!!

wot lovely pics polaris!!! have my dating scan on 27th so getting really impatient about it all!

wot lovely pics polaris!!! have my dating scan on 27th so getting really impatient about it all!

Not long to wait till 27th now! That could be roughly when I'm having the baby!! Scary!! Looking forward to Tuesday now to get a date, although I'm still doing my best to try to get baby to turn, I have come to terms with the idea of a C-section.

Hi again ladies - I'm so excited - we've been in IKEA for most of the day buying loads of stuff - most of it not baby related, just furniture that we needed for the house like bookshelves and bedroom furniture for ourselves. But I feel like everything is finally getting sorted and organised for baby's arrival. I can't believe that I will have a date tomorrow!!! It feels so strange that I will know baby's birthday in advance.

Hi again ladies - I'm so excited - we've been in IKEA for most of the day buying loads of stuff - most of it not baby related, just furniture that we needed for the house like bookshelves and bedroom furniture for ourselves. But I feel like everything is finally getting sorted and organised for baby's arrival. I can't believe that I will have a date tomorrow!!! It feels so strange that I will know baby's birthday in advance.

That's fab Polaris, and lovely :baby: pics!

But I feel like everything is finally getting sorted and organised for baby's arrival. I can't believe that I will have a date tomorrow!!! It feels so strange that I will know baby's birthday in advance.

I would agree, it is weird - we didn't know the exact date when I got the steroid jabs but knew it would be soon - I kept thinking "Damn, this baby's going to be a Leo when he should be a Scorpio!" :haha:

Well ladies, I got my date. I have been booked in for a C-section next Tuesday. I can't believe that this time next week my baby will be here!

Felt a bit wobbly and upset after the appointment today. I think it was just a mixture of everything. Feeling like everything was out of my control, the thought of having a C-section, and just feeling that I still have so much to do and worrying if everything will be ready in time. But I'm feeling a bit better again now.

I can't wait to meet baby but it feels very unreal!

Glad you got your date, at least it's all confirmed now. I know it's a bit daunting but if it's any reassurance, I sailed through my c-section and it didn't interfere with BFing one bit - I was expressing that night for Finlay in the NNU.

It's time to start counting down ... and time to get excited! All I have to look forward to next Tuesday is the dentist :(

Well ladies, I got my date. I have been booked in for a C-section next Tuesday. I can't believe that this time next week my baby will be here!

Felt a bit wobbly and upset after the appointment today. I think it was just a mixture of everything. Feeling like everything was out of my control, the thought of having a C-section, and just feeling that I still have so much to do and worrying if everything will be ready in time. But I'm feeling a bit better again now.

I can't wait to meet baby but it feels very unreal!

Oh hon I know a c-section wasn't what you wanted and you said you feel like you have no control, but one of my friends said she focused on the fact that she could plan for her birth, rather than wondering and waiting when it would happen. You have 7 days to get sorted out and this time next week your little one will be here!! Try not to worry, I think once you get your head round it you'll be fine babe. It only seems like a couple of weeks ago we were discussing you going on maternity leave - where does the time go??

How exciting Pol - only one week to go!!! :happydance::happydance:

Thanks girls, I feel a lot better today. There are advantages to the situation, as you've said, at least I can plan ahead, I know the date in advance, I know I'll have to stay in hospital, and most importantly baby will be here safely next week!! It is exciting! We are working like mad on the house trying to get everything ready as we are still in the middle of painting at the moment. There's someone coming out this afternoon to measure the house for blinds and we've finally got a skip. So everything is coming together!

Not sure when I'll be back online after Tuesday because I'll be in hospital for about 5 days, but I'll look forward to sharing photos of baby with you all when I do get home!

Just wanted to say all the best Polaris, you will have your baby in less than a week, just remember to take it easy after the op and enjoy your birth cause its still your babys birth wether a c/s or otherwise.

Wow Polaris, how exciting this time next week you'll be a mother and you'll get to meet your baby!:happydance:
So this week do a couple of things, go out for meals with your OH, enjoy your sleep at night and sleep in late in the mornings! Meet friends for coffee and take your time and just relax and do the things that you enjoy spending time at cos in a weeks time your life will enter a new wonderful phase but sleep and 'me' time are sacrificed .... for a while anyway.
Looking forward to hearing your news

Sorry if I'm not around much for the next few weeks, girls, but they're working towards Andrew being discharged and coming home on oxygen (check out my Premie thread for more) :happydance: :happydance:

Good luck Polaris!

Polaris - good luck and take Tillymum's advice!!!

Marleys - how exciting! Off to read your thread now .... :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"