'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Meerkat :hugs: - she's right to remind you, but remember that most pregnancies are straighforward. Try not to worry :)

Polaris - just wanted to pop in and wish you well for tomorrow ... less than 24 hours till you meet your baby. Will be thinking of you and can't wait to hear how you get on :baby:

ellie - I think the rule of thumb is that if you worry about it, then you care, which means you'll be fine. The bad parents don't tend to worry about what kind of job they'll do, they are too selfish for that. You will be fine, honestly. It sounds like a cliche, but something just clicks ... I really wasn't maternal at all, didn't even want any kids until the last couple of years, but when they arrive, wow, something just switched on. We joke now that it's a good job we waited or goodness knows how many we'd have ended up with!!!

I haven't updated on Finlay in a while ... he's now 11lb 1oz and growing fast! He's an absoloute sweetheart, he chatters away and feeds wonderfully (still 100% BF) and today is a bit of a milestone, he's 100 days old :) He normally sleeps for about 4-5 hours straight, sometimes more. We've been taking him swimming, he's so cute in his little swimmer nappies!! He's got his second set of jabs on Wednesday so hopefully it won't be too bad for him, keep your fingers crossed. I have lots of pics of him on Facebook so if anyone's on there, PM me and I'll add you. He really is wonderful and we're having a lot of fun. :cloud9: Oh and we've decided ... no work for me till Easter! :thumbup:

HI there, I am due in August so don't really fit the bill but I am an older mum (40 this year) and would love to chat to other 'oldies' LOL

hi there im a older mummy i turned 40 this year and am currently 13 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby, i have 3 boys already congrats on your pregnancy xxxxxx

Hello, Just popped in, Polaris - all the best for tomorrow :hugs: Ava-11lb1oz, blimey thats good, what ya puttin in ya milk??LOL and Welcome to Sammy Jane.
Gotta go the boss is calling me!!

Hey Ava wow he's growing well isn't he bless and 100 days old already!!
PS You sound very pleased about not working til Easter!! :winkwink:

Hi SAmmy Jane and welcome. :hi:

Polaris - Just wanted to say hope it all goes well tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you x

Helloo all - I hoep you are all welll

YAY for 11lbs blimey lol

Welcome Sammy Jane

Polaris - GOOD LUCK HOW EXCITING

I am officially a heffolump feeling sooo massive and my underwired bras hurt - I did my fundal height just for a laugh and supposed to be for a singleton about 25cms but I AM 39CMS THATS JUST WRONG hehehehehehehehehe

I saw a lady with triplets that had them today at 27 weeks EEKKKK thats only ten days further than I am now!!!!!

I starting filling in my MAllowance for today ffs 39 pages - lord almighty!!!! HIP grant application next and I have to find out about antenatal classes AARRGGHHH. God when you finish work there is sooo much more work that needs doing lol.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey wow 11lb ava that's amazing!! well done finlay - he's turning into a chubber hahah! Great news on the work too.

Good Luck Polaris for tomorrow - hope it will all go swimmingly and you're both home really soon!

I know what you mean Meerkat I never got any results from my 28 week blood tests and still havent heard anything about the GTT I did nearly 3 weeks ago, so I'm presuming no news is good news (and if there was something and they haven't told me it's THEIR FAULT for being shit!)
A midwife scared me too at (I think) 28 or 31 weeks, can't remember which, it wasn't even one I was seeing but one who was wandering in and out and caught me saying that some days are quieter and she started going on at me that "you MUST go in!!!" which made me cry! well I did go in at 30 weeks and all was fine, and since then I've not panicked so much (that day I didn't really give LO a chance to move later in the day but rushed in there panicking in the afternoon- I'm sure I didn't even feel that massively worried, I think I had sort of felt like "I should"), there are still quiet days and if I felt worried I would ring definitely. I reckon the key is that if you do start to feel worried (rather than racing in there not giving them a chance like I did!) to get things checked but someone told me that in those cases over 90% of the women that go in everything is fine.

Welcome Sammy Jane :wave:

Wow Vicky you could be meeting your twins not too long away :) actually do they do inductions etc early with twins? i'm guessing they usually do? i'd get into the comfy sports bras if I were you ;) (actually have been in mine since the beginning!) i'm still not sure how to work out my fundal height, i'm never sure i can find the top of my uterus :blush: that's quite impressive though!

Right I am supposed to be looking at ideas for my thesis which I have to present tomorrow (gulp) so I'd better get on with it.....

By the way, is anyone feeling BOILING HOT??? this muggy weather is half killing me, I keep trying to open all the windows at work and everyone else keeps closing them cause they're cold, and I have to sit there sweating ...

Hi there, I'm 38 with my first baby he is due between 6th and 13th Feb and I'm extremely nervous about everything :)

Welcome Beany1 - my due date is 7th feb.

Wow Vicky you could be meeting your twins not too long away actually do they do inductions etc early with twins? i'm guessing they usually do? i'd get into the comfy sports bras if I were you (actually have been in mine since the beginning!) i'm still not sure how to work out my fundal height, i'm never sure i can find the top of my uterus that's quite impressive though!

It all depends you have lots of scans and they assess growth as you go - one of my sisters stopped growing so they C sectioned her at 32 weeks. Not sure how inductions work. Mine are both head down atm so not a clue what will happen.

YES to the feeling hot OH cant beleive it normally I am in four layers with the heating on this year he is cold and I am warm lol. Must be that 25% extra blood we have atm hehehe

went 4 my dating scan and baby is a week bigger so am 12+4 instead of 11+4. yey! nearer 2 2nd tri!!!

am debating a nuchal fold scan and bloods (private) any thoughts?

I changed hospitals to get the NT as the bloods dont work with twins - its only about five miles down the road too. It may be worth checking your next nearest hospital if you havent a preference as to where you get your care as they may offer it as standard. Personally I havent a clue what I would have done had I come back high risk but I wanted to know either way. My NT results were 1.1mm and 1.4mm at 13 weeks (you have to have the scan before 13+6 btw) and that gave me a combined results with bloods of 1:4700 and 1:3600 not bad for an old gal eh.

welcome beany :wave: i'm often nervous about things too, such a big change at our age heheh! i'm trying to stay chilled though, i find this thread always brings me back down and reassures me :)

guess it depends on what you do with the information from the private nuchal scan, i considered it briefly as i didn't want an amnio but we decided against any in the end. i've read that the private ones are usually pretty good though and obviously less invasive (and more accurate?) good results though vicky! i bet your nursery is looking super cute with two of everything .... awww..

well i am just about fed up of people passing comments! i know we all must be! (vicky not sure whether you're getting any 'your bump is huge' type comments ... I get nothing but 'you are really small' (even though at last mw appt baby was measuring on the top line!) And people I see all the time keep feeling the need to comment on 'how well I look' and 'how well I'm doing' (patronising gits) and 'aren't I tired' (I think they really want me to be!) Whilst people that I don't see send me messages saying 'are you tired? are you nervous? get lots of sleep you will need it' - trying to resist the urge to rant back that I can't bloody sleep thank you, and even if I could I can't 'store it up'!!!!! what stupid things to say .....
I wonder, do we get our patience back after birth :rofl:

well looking at all you and yr news has given me hope as im 41 in may and TTC good luck yo you all

there is hope for you hun, i am 40 years old and 14 weeks pregnant xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx good luck ttc xxxxxxxxxxx

Polaris - hope all went well with your c-section yesterday, looking forward to hearing an update from the new mum - is it a girl or boy?!

Ava hope Finlay is ok after his jabs today.

Hope everyone is doing well and welcome to the newbies.

Hey I'm 35 and due Nov 3 with my second child after a gap of 16 years lol! :hug:

hi there congrats on your baby , u look fab at 35 , u look 20 , im on my 4th baby due 28th april, after a gap of 12 years lol excited scared all emotions but cant wait good luck hun xxxx

I changed hospitals to get the NT as the bloods dont work with twins - its only about five miles down the road too. It may be worth checking your next nearest hospital if you havent a preference as to where you get your care as they may offer it as standard. Personally I havent a clue what I would have done had I come back high risk but I wanted to know either way. My NT results were 1.1mm and 1.4mm at 13 weeks (you have to have the scan before 13+6 btw) and that gave me a combined results with bloods of 1:4700 and 1:3600 not bad for an old gal eh.

there's only 1 hospital in gibraltar so that's not an option unfortunately. i have decided 2 go 4 it as hopefully it will give me peace of mind. am having it done 2moro so will be 12+6.

Back from my scan. Everything is perfect and we're having a BOY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->