'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Well well I go away for a couple months come back and Wham Yeah Polaris!!!!
He is just beautiful! Hope it all went well!

So I was just wondering if I might could come back and join you all????

I got my BFP this am well actually two days ago but waited until today as wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke. LOL

Whoop whoop welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW Polaris he is lovely!!!!

I hope you are all well ladies - its Friday yay!!! We HAVE to clear out the nursery this weekend as we are picking up the cots and loads of stuff the following saturday and have nowhere to put it atm. Although I am having a go at the salt dough nursery decs (thread on third tri) too so not a clue when I will get time to do them lol.

I cant believe I am in third tri already, my hospital bag is full already ekkk and I still have loads on my list ekkkk. I am all scared about labour today - until two weeks ago Fynn was sideways so it was c section we were heading for so I did all my research and got my head round that - now the little whatsit has moved head down like Sam so its natural a go go atm :wacko: I am not sure how I feel about either option really I would far rather a clone did it for me hehehehehhehe

love to all hope you are well.......

Thanks Vicky Oh look how lovely you've progressed and named the twins already YEAH can't wait to see all the pictures I love it when you ladies get close to the end so I can see the end result iykwim. LOL

:cloud9: yey got my nuchal test results combined with bloods. risk factor of having a downs baby is 1 in 9813 so v low risk. am so happy!!! :cloud9:

Hi ladies

Sorry it's been a while. Looks like it's been another busy week with lots of good news!

Polaris - Huge Congratulations on the safe arrival of little Thomas! :happydance::happydance::happydance: And he is soooo cute, thanks for posting the pics. Sounds like you're doing a sterling job hon and he's gaining weight fast! x

Marleys - Fab news that Andrew's finally home! And he's doing so well, seems like only yesterday you had the film crew round! :hugs:

CSunshine - Woohooo so nice to see you back here! Congratulationss on your :bfp: :happydance::happydance: I'm so pleased for you hon xx

Maybe - Wow pretty impressive results you have!! :happydance::happydance: That is really low isn't it. Bet you're glad you had the test now hey!

Hubby has been busy building the nursery furniture this week, a dresser and cot so far. Wardrobe still to go! Oh and the pram arrived today (Quinny Buzz) so that's something else for him to put together. And I'm expecting delivery of the car seat on Monday.... Should be enough to keep him out of mischief for a while.

I keep peeking into the nursery and seeing the :crib: there, it's strange to think there will be a little person in there one day soon! And to think that next month I'll be someone's Mummy!! :headspin:

Hi all, I never get time these day to come on here it seems!! I dont mean to miss anyones news so I apologise in advance if I do :flower:
Polaris, awwww he is lovely, I could eat him up, lol.
Marleys Im really pleased about Andrew being home, great news!!
Csunshine, Totally fantastic news I wish you all the best.
Maybe, I think thats the lowest I ever heard of!!! good news.
Vicky the clone idea is inspired, love it.

Holly is doing well, she has her appointment at the hospital in early Dec for the heart murmur, I will be relieved when we know a little more about that. She is still getting a little colic (when will it end arrggghhhhhh, lol) but less than before, so thats good.

Hi Soonie

Nice to see you again hon. Glad to hear Holly is doing well x

Hello all - VERY long time no chat but it just seems that time runs away with me and then sooooo much happens! Such a lot to catch up on...

Polaris- aaaaaawwwwwwwww!!! Fab news - congratulations! And what a little corker!
Marleys- am over the moon that Andrew is home with you. Fantastic, sending much love to all three of you xx
Csunshine - welcome back! Again, fantastic news on your BFP xxx
Maybe - glad your results are reassuring. I worried about mine too and then had low results which put our minds at rest a bit
Vicky and Meerkat - how exciting, all the new furniture and the sorting out of the nursery. We found a pram we really liked, decided to get it as it had £100 off only to find that it had sold out but we've got plenty of time so not too miffed!
Hello soon! Sorry that Holly has colic but pleased that she's doing well. Hope you get reassuring news with the appt in Dec.

My news? I feel ENORMOUS! People can't believe that I have three months still to go and make some bloody shocking comments at times! At my 25 week MW appt I was told that I was measuring spot on and there was nothing to worry about- so I'm trying not to! Been feeling a bit dizzy past few days so have signed myself off work for a couple of days and got a drs appt for tomorrow morning. Am due to finish work in 6 weeks but am really struggling - I'm not even in 3rd tri yet! Anyone else struggle this early on?

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone and that I get to come on here a bit more now. Oh, and LO is moving all the time which feels amazing but OH not felt him/ her yet probably because my placenta is anterior. But I don't understand how he can't because sometimes the kicks are so hard IT HURTS!

xxx

Franny, if your OH is anything like mine he just never had the patience to sit and wait to feel the kicks!! Anterior placentas do cushion the blows somewhat, glad to hear your baby is kicking the hell out of you anyway,lol.
I felt huge as of about 24 weeks, you will be due routine blood tests very shortly if I remember right, so the doc may do a test for anemia, if you are anemic, sorting that out can be massively helpful. Hope you feel more comfortable soon.

Maybe - wow that is low - how old are you? I was pleased with my 3700 and 4800 lol

Frannyk - booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo need I say more? I am running out of room already at 27 weeks lol. They are both really deciding I dont need my lungs to be any bigger than five pence pieces or so it feels haha. Am very pd off about the weight gain its at least 2.5 stone now and have gained 6 inches round my hips booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I keep telling myself its ok its ok its ok but god I cant wait to get back down the gym lol.

This week we can actually see the boys kick now which is amazing and oh has started feeling them now and its lovely to see his face!!!!

I hope you are all well today xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just been to docs this morning and my blood pressure is slightly raised (been feeling dizzy and have swollen ankles). I'm to rest at least until the end of the week and go back on Friday for blood pressure check again. Oh well, This Morning here I come!

Vicky - it must be amazing to see kicks. Today when I was reading my magazine resting it on my bump I felt a sharp kick and the mag flew up into the air! If it's a boy my OH Is going to be so proud! Just like his dad (who USED to be quite good at footy, although my dad would prefer it if he was a rugby player!)

Soon - you have described my OH perfectly! The other night he put his hand on my bump for 30 seconds and then when he could't feel anything said he wasn't going to try again until I was 30 weeks! He he!

Hello ladies thank you so much for the lovely welcome back!

I spoke with the nurse yesterday and had my first hcg levels drawn and then again tomorrow after work so fxd that they go up like they are supposed to! She also spoke to the Dr and he has put me on 50mil progesterone suppositories twice daily instead of the last time 25mil twice daily so hopefully that makes the difference! I have my first scan scheduled for Dec. 2nd YEAH! I guess that will make me about 7wks!

I will come back here in a while and check on you all again so glad you all are getting kicked. LOL It's so great to hear that you all are still doing well!

franny and soon, I usually wait till my LO is being extra active and then have my OH put his hand on my belly, that way he doesn't have to be very patient. But I think you're right, about 30 seconds (at most) is as much time as my husband is willing to wait.

Good luck with the hcg levels Csunshine - hopefully the extra progesterone does the trick.

hi all! am soooooooooo glad it's friday! had such a stressful day at work 2day. i am planning 2 work either up 2 my due date or the week b4 so that i get my maternity pay when the baby is actually here rather than b4 as i only get 18wks paid. we shall see. i worked til my due date when i had dylan and with erin i stopped a week before my due date. i may go back 4 a week or 2 after the easter holidays. have applied 4 a job in a school nearer 2 home so fingers crossed! don't think my boss was 2 impressed 2 hear that!

hope u r all fine xxx

I am going back to the ttc side again but I will return here oneday! Bloods back from hcg levels went from 38 down to 8 so af should be here nurse called this a chemical :cry:

I am going back to the ttc side again but I will return here oneday! Bloods back from hcg levels went from 38 down to 8 so af should be here nurse called this a chemical :cry:

So so sorry to hear that, such a disappointment after getting the positive test. I'm sure it will happen soon for you. :hug:

Oh love, I'm so so sorry. I had a chemical before my current BFP. Hoping that you're back here very soon xx:hugs:

So sorry to hear that :hugs:, hope it happens for you soon hon. Sending lots of :dust: your way and wishing you all the best xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->