'Older Mums' buddies thread!

We're getting there ... Finlay picked up his first cold last week (and it was a doozy) but he's much better now. Still got a cough but much, much better. It really wasn't fun watching him splutter and choke ... glad it's nearly over.

I was into my work yesterday and sorted out my return date ... 17 May!! Yahoo!! Lots more time with Finlay, am really pleased. Plus they're going to look into my request to reduce my hours a little bit, fingers crossed on that one, my boss doesn't see any major issues with it (as my employer is currently looking to cut costs anyway).

Finlay seems to have come out of his cold, straight into a growth spurt. Last two nights he's fed every two hours, and today he's been feeding a lot. I am very tired LOL.

So meldmac, how are you feeling? First tri can be exhausting, do you have much morning sickness or anything?

Csunshine - so sorry to read your news.

Meldmac - Welcome! :wave:

Wow avabear - It sounds like I'll be back at work before you will and I've still got 4 months before my boy is born. It nice that you'll have so much time with Finlay.

Seity - things will be a little bit tight but I figure that I'll never get the chance to have this time again so we can make do for a few months. I'm going back on 12 April officially, but am taking leftover holidays from 2009 and a couple of weeks of 2010, and tagging that on to the end of my leave, so I won't actually go back till mid May. Since I was signed off in June with high BP, I'll only be a few weeks short of a full year off, but I'm hoping that the next 6 months go a bit slower than the last 6!!!

I'm hoping to take 8 weeks off, but it may only be 6 before I have to go back to work. A year seems like forever.

I'm doing ok, really tired though. No real ms yet but been feeling a bit nauseous off and on.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

ok thanks. nausea has worn off in the main part. am still waiting 2 bloom though. am soooooooooo spotty at the moment!

i am hoping 2 take a year off. i was thinking about 2yrs but i think money is going 2 be 2 tight as i only get 18wks paid maternity leave.

off 2 bath erin now. xxx

Hey ladies how you all keeping?

Welcome Meldmac and congrats on your BFP wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months.

I'm on 9 months mat leave back in 6 months on May 19th!! It's going so fast and I still haven't sorted out childcare arrangements!

My little pumpkin in 3 months old today and has turned into the cutest smiley chuckling little bundle. I'm bringing her back home to Ireland next weekend to meet all her cousins and family I cannot wait to introduce her to them!!

How are all your pregnancies progressing?

Hi tilly, look how cute your little girl is! You family in Ireland is just going to love seeing her.
Everything's going smooth as can be for me. I head down to Alabama on Monday to spend the week with my husband's parents for Thanksgiving. It's going to be such a great trip and I'll get to show off my tiny baby bump too. Tonight I get to help coach ice hockey to some women that are new to the game. :happydance: I miss being on the ice. I'll probably just help out with the skating drills and off ice stuff and clear off the ice once the pucks come out, just to be safe. But I'm so looking forward to it!

:hi: ladies hope you are all doing well!

Well I'm not feeling very pregnant at the moment, getting me a bit worried but hope it's just me being paranoid.

Hi everyone

Glad you're all well. Had my scan on Weds (34 weeks) and the placenta has moved back up out of the way. :baby: is estimated to be 7.7lbs at birth. :thumbup: I'm happy with that! I've been told they will start sweeping at 38 weeks and if that doesn't work I've been booked in to be induced the day after my EDD. Eeek

I finished work on Friday and they were all so lovely, we went out for a lovely lunch and I was spoiled rotten with gifts, flowers, soft toys and a huge hamper of baby gifts; nappies, wipes, lotions and potions etc

I had my first NCT antenatal class today which was really good and I'm so glad we booked it. Even DH thought it was good and on a windy day like today windsurfing is normally all he can think about! I'm feeling more informed re pain releif options etc.

But with all that happening this week, the thing that stands out in my mind the most is the letter I had from my surgery asking me to go in for the swine flu jab next Thursday. I really don't know what to do. I asked 2 of the girls on the course if they've had it and they said they've both refused it. And one of them works in the hospital... I really don't know what to do for the best :shrug:

Hi everyone,
sorry i've been missing in action for a bit. Everything is going great here, but i'm having to get used to doing stuff one handed because thomas is quite a snuggly baby who gets lonely if you put him down! He's also a hungry little man so a lot of my time is spent feeding him. I truly didn't realize how time consuming breast feeding would be but i have to say i love it.

Meerkat - can't believe how close it is coming for you now! great news that the placenta has shifted.

Meldmac - congrats on your pregnancy, i hope you have a healthy and happy nine months.

Seity - wow you sound like you are really sailing through the pregnancy!

Tillymum - I know what you mean - i am not back in work till next september and i am already dreading it! I can't bring myself to even think about childcare yet. Avabear - yes time is flying by for me too, i can't believe thomas is four weeks old tomorrow!

Ellie- how are things going with you?

hope everyone else is well.

hi guys :wave:
how's everyone doing ?

congrats again to polaris, hope you and thomas are settling in well!
and great to hear that andrew is home - hoping he's happy!

seity, happy thanksgiving and enjoy the ice hockey! i remember going to a game once when visiting california, I was a bit drunk :blush: but I remember it being really exciting!

:wave: meldmac, congratulations, hope you're feeling okay, my symptoms were quite wierd in 1st tri, coming and going and changing every day! i didn't actually get sick but I did get very nauseous for a couple of weeks.

soon2b i hope holly keeps getting stronger :hugs:

ava, finlay sounds like he's doing great, and till may is a lovely break to have with him :) i'm already dreading going back next september!

wow tillly can't quite believe she's 3 months already - where does the time go .... have a fab time in ireland! hope the weather calms down a bit by then, are you flying or ferry-ing?

so sorry csunshine :hugs: hope you'll be back very soon.

ahh, the swine flu dilemma ... I got a letter last week (!) and put it in the bin, I had already decided not to have it but certainly at this stage I felt there was no point (read it takes about 3 weeks to get antibodies into you, so it wouldn't be of any use to baby by then! also have been around loads of people who've been believed to have it and I've been fine) but it's a very personal decision really ...

well, I am very very fed up at the moment :rofl: ... edd was 3 days ago, although I've now decided that I don't agree with the date :rofl: by LMP it would've been yesterday, but my cycles before were a bit longer so I reckon my actual edd would be around this weekend! However - seems the medics don't listen to this :shrug: and I was very upset after seeing a midwife yesterday who started talking about transferring me to the hospital for induction, but they will try up to 3 sweeps first. I know getting my LO here is the main thing, but I so wanted to avoid any medical interference for us and really really didn't want to go to the hospital as it just terrifies me and it's horrible there :cry: I'm trying everything I can to get things moving in the meantime .... pineapple, papaya, lots of curries and spicy stuff, walking, bouncing, yoga, acupressure, evening primrose oil, having reflexology tomorrow ... trying not to worry about it but it's stressing me now ... help :cry: agreed to a sweep on sunday in desparation ...

Good luck ellie, hopefully your LO cooperates and you don't need to induce.
I got the H1N1 shot and I know it was the right choice for me.

Hi Ellie, sending loads of labour vibes your way. I was dreading having to be induced as I was convinced my dates were wrong and I would go over. Hope that your LO makes an appearance soon. The one thing I would say though is that when baby is here, you probably just won't care any more how it happened, I was so upset at first about having to have a c-section, it's still not what I would have wanted, but you know what, it doesn't matter really. I'm not making light of your feelings because I was exactly the same, I bawled my eyes out at a midwife appointment in 2nd trimester because they wouldn't change my EDD and I was sure I would have to be induced!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->