'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Marleys - good luck with the meeting :thumbup:

Polaris - CONGRATULATIONS!!! And welcome to team blue :blue: Glad to hear you are feeling well and can't wait to see a photo (or three)! Have fun and enjoy your little boy :hugs:

Congratulations Polaris and well done you!! Hope you enjoy every second of him being this tiny my babies are nearly 20 and nearly 17 now so I can't wait for lots of cuddles from this tiny tim next May, seems like a lifetime away. Lots and lots of good wishes to you and OH.

x x

Huge congratulations Polaris on the birth of little Thomas. Sounds like you are taking to motherhood like a duck to water! Looking forward to seeing some pics. Congrats again :happydance::happydance:

Marley sounds like Andrew will be home soon, fantastic news I bet you are so excited, hope the discharge meeting went well. Happy due date Andrew!

Meerkat - how exciting getting your nursery furniture and pram ..... not long to go now!

polaris - congrats! welcome 2 the world thomas!

marleys - great news about andrew, he's a real fighter!!!

Polaris, fantastic news, congratulations, and welcome to the world little Thomas x x x
Marleys, hope your meeting goes well.

Marley - That's fantastic progress your Andrew is making!

Polaris - Congrats on Thomas! Yay, team blue!

Hrmm.. Just realized those are the middle names for my two brothers!

Yay Polaris - great news!

YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance:

I'm rooming-in tomorrow night, and Andrew can come home on Thursday! Please excuse me if I'm not on here for a few days!

That's wonderful news, Marleys :hugs: What a lovely way to celebrate his original due date!

Enjoy your long awaited rooming-in!! :happydance: :thumbup:

Yay - Marleysgirl - I am so pleased for you, wow, it will be so fantastic for you having him home!!

Thanks for asking - Thomas is doing well but he is feeding a lot at the moment, he generally only sleeps for about an hour and a half between feeds, which is pretty exhausting. He's flying through the nappies too - i completely underestimated how many I would need and have to keep sending OH out for more! Night-times are the hardest, it can feel like a very lonely place at times when you are exhausted and your baby is crying and all sorts of worries going through your head, like what if something is wrong with him and I'm just not picking up on it or what if I'm not producing enough milk and he's starving, etc. etc. I don't think these worries will ever go away but he just seems so tiny and fragile at the moment, it's such a big responsibility.

Luckily he has a pretty good latch I think and my nipples haven't been too sore. The midwife is calling out at some stage today for her final visit and Thomas is going to be weighed. I'm excited to see what weight he is now, he had lost some weight when leaving the hospital but apparently that is normal as they adjust to breastfeeding and life outside the womb.

Anyway, he has been asleep since 10 so I'm sure he's probably going to wake up soon demanding his second breakfast!! Talk to you all soon. Photos later I promise!

Fantastic news Marley:happydance::happydance: he's coming home at last!!!

Polaris - Sounds like you are doing a great job. Chloe also went through being more awake at night than day in the first few weeks, which is very exhausting. Try to get some sleep during the day while you have help on hand. There is a growth spurt in the 2nd week where baby will feed constantly and you will be tied to the sofa for the day, it's hard work but next day will be back to normal. Looking forward to seeing pics of your little man!

Growth spurts are very demanding ... when Finlay had his 7week one, I was sat on the settee long enough to watch the entire first series of The Office AND the 2 Christmas Specials!

I love weigh-ins ... so exciting to see what they've been up to since the last time!!

He's flying through the nappies too - i completely underestimated how many I would need and have to keep sending OH out for more!

So how many diapers should I stock up on?

polaris i know exactly what u mean! night times suck when u have a hungry crying baby! it will pass eventually! i am psyching myself up 4 may already, neither of mine slept well at all. it was over a yr b4 they slept thru! sounds like u r coping well tho :hugs:

Seity - a lot. LOL. I bought a pack of several different brands - pampers, Tesco, Huggies, Nature something-or-other, because they all fit differently. And after all that, Finlay was in micros for at least the first couple of months!!! But yeah, you get through them at a scary rate!

I registered with every baby club I could find, and got lots of money off coupons, and a few coupons for free nappies too. Definitely worth doing!

Seity - a lot. LOL. I bought a pack of several different brands - pampers, Tesco, Huggies, Nature something-or-other, because they all fit differently. And after all that, Finlay was in micros for at least the first couple of months!!! But yeah, you get through them at a scary rate!

I registered with every baby club I could find, and got lots of money off coupons, and a few coupons for free nappies too. Definitely worth doing!

Yes you need loads, I would say I am getting through about 10 a day at the moment because that's how often he's feeding and he seems to have a full nappy every time. But it's tricky because you don't know what size your baby will be. I had got some size 1 and some size 2, but the size 2 are a long way away yet, so I had to get loads more size 1.

Well the midwife visited today for her last visit and Thomas has regained his birth-weight and put on another 5 lb!! He was 6 lb 9 oz when he was born, then 6 lb 4 oz just before we left the hospital on Friday, and he's now 6 lb 14 oz! I am so chuffed, it puts my mind at rest that he is getting enough from the breast feeding too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->