'Older Mums' buddies thread!

hi tilly welcome back! i bet chloe loved being the centre of attention on holiday!!!

am just back from a concert with the kids in my school choir. it started raining a bit and was in the open air so i was getting a bit worried about my keyboard amp and laptop but thankfully it was just a few drops. they did well, poor things they r only 5-7yr olds! tomorrow we have another concert. what a busy week!!! hope everyone is fine.

ellie i hope baby is either here or comes soon!!!

Hi guys, I'm back, been hanging around for a couple of weeks but didn't like to post ... too soon.... anyway it;s really nice to see everyone is ok.... I wonder how is ellie?? she brought me here first time round, it is so excited all these new babies (and happy stories yey!!):happydance:

It is still early days for me I know, been here before I am still worried but got scan on Tues 8th so fingers crossed.

Great to see you back Trman, not long to wait now till scan, hope tuesday goes well for you

Well hellloo everyone - its been ages since I posted I hope you are all well.

LOVE THAT

wELCOME BACK Truman - good luck for your scan x
Sending lots of come on baby dust Ellie xx
Maybe baby - I didnt feel anthing until 20 weeks and I have two wrigglers so was panicking a bit.
Hi Scooby - welcome who needs men anyway xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AVA I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am good but feeling sooo uncomfortable now - had another scan two weeks ago and BOTH babies are big booooooooo - so doing well pretty much anything is hard work. Cant even walk the stairs without getting out of breath so feeling pretty low and kind of disabled - go dthat sounds pathetics doesnt it lol

I have finally got huge - took this pic on sunday after a waddle with the dogs so excuse the no makeup manky clothes look lol. God I am showing every lb of my three stone weight gain boooooooooooooooo.

https://www.labradorforums.co.uk/modules/Photo_Gallery/albums/Ruby1/29_Nov.sized.jpg

We have another scan in two weeks then its every two weeks after that - blimey getting close now. We finished the nursery and everything is ready as my sis had hers at 32 weeks so I wanted to be done by 30 weeks just in case.

LORD that was waffly wasnt it sorry

hi guys :wave:
looking good vicky!

just a quicky really ... had my baby boy Kalden on Monday ... long story which i'll post when i get chance, but basically it started off okay, but there was TONS of meconium in my waters so had to go to the hospital ... became more and more hellish (still don't know why, not sure if he was in an awkward position) but after 24 hours and an epidural I was rushed to theatre for a crash section where they (apparently) got him out in 3 minutes, he was 'cold' and blue and rushed to SCBU, I didn't even get to see him till 11am on Tuesday (and that after having a massive freakout and breakdown on the ward) - he's doing great, but still in there as he's not keen on feeding and they need to give him time to build up his strength. So I'm home now (hospital was doing my head in and I was feeling okay physically), really really hard him not being here but can't wait to see him later ... however, now OH is in bed sniffing and feeling sorry for himself (!!!) so I have to try and get someone to take me to the hospital! I know he needs to feel well and obviously can't go into the hospital feeling ill but I can't help but feel a bit impatient with it today! men!!!
anyway ... I'm having my moments of feeling really low and tearful about how it all happened, mostly trying to stay positive that he's here and doing well and will be home soon ... keep everything crossed for him ladies :flower:

anyway, here he is - getting stronger every day (one each from Monday 40 minutes after birth taken by OH, Tuesday, Weds and yesterday after we got to bath him!)

OOHHHH lots and lots and lots of hugs to you my lovely - wish I was closer I would take you xxxxxxxxx

CONGRATULATIONS on your arrival sending lots of speedy healthy vibes to your LO xxx

aww thanks :) think I just made OH feel guilty so he's getting up to take me there then doing an online shop heheh

just realised the pics didn't post? try again:

Attachments

• DSC01254.jpg
    DSC01254.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01258.jpg
    DSC01258.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01323.jpg
    DSC01323.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC01295.jpg
    DSC01295.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 0
Wow ellie he is absolutely gorgeous. it's sad that the birth was so stressful and difficult for you both but you'll soon have him home with you and forgetall about it because you won't have time to think! He looks like he's smiling in the first photo!! :happydance:

Wow congrats Ellie he is just adorable and welcome to the world little Kalden:happydance:

Sounds like you had a traumatic birth experience but thankfully it all ended well, how long does he have to stay in hospital? what was his weight?
Hopefully you will get him home soon. :hugs:.
I'm in Cardiff if you need a lift!

Welcome back Truman - congrats on your BFP and hope your scan goes well.

Vicky - nice bump, you look fab!

tilly - Bet Chloe had a ball meeting your folks (and vice versa). As for Christmas, I am quite excited, putting decorations up this weekend which is early for us, usually with it just being the two of us the tinsel is up for about a week :rofl: Finlay will probably be mesmerised by the lights though!!

maybe - that sounds really cute though. Glad the rain stayed (mostly) off for you :)

Truman - great to see you back here, will be thinking of you on Tuesday, keep us posted :hugs:

Vicky - you look great, awesome bump! :baby: :baby:

ellie - sorry things were so difficult :( But massive congratulations and well done on the arrival of Kalden. I know how horrible it is in hospital when you're not with your LO ... I had a meltdown too :hugs: I felt much better as soon as I was home. Sending lots of :dust: for Kalden, hopefully he'll be home soon. And love the photos btw, he's a sweetie - love his fantastic head of hair!!

Little Finlay update ... he's piling on the beef now, he's almost a stone (and he feels every single ounce of it when I lift him LOL). He's really filling out now and he's charming everybody. Well, except me because since yesterday evening he's had the sum total of 8 hours sleep. Ugh. I've now realised he may be teething, so have put gel on his gums, and he promptly fell asleep, so fingers crossed. We've got a night out tonight - just a meal - and he's coming with us to make feeding easier, so that should be fun. Depressingly we had tickets to a show on Sunday but because he's not sleeping very well, we don't think we can go (he won't settle for anyone else) and we can't get the tickets sold so that's £70 down the toilet ... ugh.

Right now he's finally asleep, time for housework. Yippee.

Congratulations Ellie! He looks gorgeous.

Sorry I haven't been around, but I've been keeping the Preemie thread more updated. The telly documentary is probably not going to be aired until next summer, it's on BBC3 called "The Seven Ages of Pregnancy" and may now be in a series with other "Seven Ages" docus.

Ellie congratulations on the birth of Kalden, sorry you had such a traumatic time. Glad everything is settling down now. He is gorgeous well worth the wait me thinks!

Marleysgirl, glad to see everything is going ok with Andrew, I bet he is soooo tiny. Great news now you have him home lots of love and hugs.

Thanks to Polaris, avabear, tillymum and Vicky for you kind words of support. It means a lot to me and OH. Will let you know how I get on.:friends:

Ellie, That sounds a pretty scary birth, Im so glad yore both doing well, Congratulations!!!

wow ellie that must've been frightning! thank god he is here safe and sound in the end. he is gorgeous! congrats!

truman congrats on the pregnancy and hope your scan goes well.

hope u r all well and enoying the weekend :hugs:

Hi guys, great news, we had the scan today and at first little bean was fast asleep... till the sonographer started pushing and shaking.... anyway all is well, I am 13 weeks. Nuchal scan looked good just got to wait for blood results to come back. But for now we are really happy this stage is over. OH half cried when she pointed out heart beat, it was such a relief for both of us, now we just have to tell everyone!!.:happydance:

Will try to post a picture later... yey, soooooooooo happy!

Oh congratulations! So happy for you both :hugs: :happydance:

Have lots of fun spreading the news!! :thumbup:

I hope you are all well ladies - I am in a really weird place today - I have done everything christmas prepared and baby stuff all done - even down to hospital bags packed. I suppose now I have nothing to think about apart from babies arrival so my mind is now fully focused on that - my sis had hers at 32 weeks and I am 31+2 so in my head I have always had 32 weeks in my head. So I am scared lol I am scared they will be early and poorly so have been reading the premature section like a maniac for the last few days and trying to prepare myself. AARRGGHHHHHH - someone slap me heheheheh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->