'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Congrats Truman! it's an amazing moment isn't it - now you can tell the world :happydance: wonder if your baby will be as lazy as mine was heheh (he certainly isn't now!)
could be soon then vicky - wahey! it is a strange limbo to be in though ....

well i'm now home with Kalden after a few days staying at the SCBU with him - they were suggesting we should have stayed in tonight, but we all wanted to come home! hes been declared very well, we've now been breastfeeding for nearly 2 days with only one bottle top up overnight, and we seem to be getting the hang of it a bit better ... now he's being very inquisitive about being home in a new environment!
right, he's stirring again - best dash ...

Thanks, Ellie glad everything is going well.

Wow, Vicky... twins how fantastic, I have heard they usually come a little early. Do you know what you are having are the identical can't remember if you said there was a lot to read over the last couple of months/weeks.

Thanks to everyone else it is great to be here. I'm loving it:wohoo:

Here's to a happy six months. I like this forum, get upset and worried when I go on the others.:nope:

Wow, Vicky... twins how fantastic, I have heard they usually come a little early. Do you know what you are having are the identical can't remember if you said there was a lot to read over the last couple of months/weeks.

They are two boys di di twins (two sacs and two placentas) so more than likely fraternal but there is a smalll chance that they are identical and the egg just split really early (now for the science bit) if the egg splits in first few days you get two placentas and sacs, between 3-7 days ish you get one placenta two sacs or vice versa, 7-10 days mo mo twins (one placenta one sac) and later than 10 days you get conjoined twins. We wont know unless we get them dna tested but if they have different colour eyes or hair then we will know they are frats - sorry was that a bit of a detailed answer heheh OMG I AM A TWIN GEEK

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

I always wondered about that Vicky, so thanks for the detail.

Congratulations Truman, so delighted for you that everything is good. Enjoy telling everyone the news!!

Vicky - hope the twins hold out another little bit longer. But even if they are early the outcomes now are so good for preemie babies. I was visiting my sister in law and her twin girls yesterday, they are 8 or 9 months now and they are a handful!! Twins are very exciting though!

I always wondered about that Vicky, so thanks for the detail.

Its amazing how much they dont know about multiples tbh twins are a relative walk in the park but when it gets to triples and more eekkkk - a bit scary too lol but hey ho I am trying to go with the flow.

Vicky - hope the twins hold out another little bit longer. But even if they are early the outcomes now are so good for preemie babies. I was visiting my sister in law and her twin girls yesterday, they are 8 or 9 months now and they are a handful!! Twins are very exciting though!

I feel better today thank you - I ordered myself an outfit for christmas day yesterday - A MATERNITY CATSUIT FFS hahahahahahahaha nooo dont panic I bought a big sparkly cardigan type thing to go over the top - just the thought of no zips and waist band was really appealing and its sleeveless so basically a big pair of trousers that comes over your boobs hahahaha. It may never ever see the light of day but hey ho it might look ok.

I THINK I worked out why the boys were moving all day yesterday - I have run out of decaffenated coffee and had a cup of leaded yesterday morning OMG hehehe and the same today - must pop to tesco later my ribs cant take it again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats Truman, I'm sure it's a huge relief seeing your LO moving on the scan, be sure to post your scan pics, and have fun telling everyone.:happydance:

Ellie glad to hear Kalden is home and feeding well, hope you are getting some sleep.

Vicky - interesting info re twins, I have identical twin nephews who shared same sack and placenta they were both 6lbs 11oz. Hope your boys are kinder to your ribs today and have no plans of making an early appearance!!

Ava we put our tree up on Sunday....and bought coloured flashing lights for Chloe....we were so excited to see her reaction, which was only mild interest verging on boredom - tv seems alot more interesting to her:dohh:! It fell down last night so I have to decorate it again today! Oh and I have the cutest outfit for her for Christmas from Next cant wait.

LOL Tilly! We have a tiny fibre optic tree and Finlay was quite mesmerised! As for outfits we got a really cute reindeer all-in-one from Tesco (also got one from Mothercare but it's a tiny bit big, should be perfect in time for Christmas) - I'll be taking his Christmas pics later so will post some on FB. He looks so cute in the suit!

Hi everyone, had a couple of problems loading the picture..... check out my avatar!!

Hope the attachment works. I can't stop looking at him/her. So happy.

Baby scan 12 weeks.jpg

:happydance:

Woohoo Truman, i remember that feeling! Had to keep staring at the scan pic to convince myself it was real! Won't be too long till you have a little baby to stare at all day! :happydance::happydance:

I have tears in my eyes reading your post Truman ... brings back fantastic memories! Lovely pic, and what a great Christmas pressie for you both. Did you have lots of fun telling everyone?

lovely pic truman! i have my 20wk scan next wednesday! really looking 4ward 2 it!

ellie - glad u r all home safe and sound!

we put up christmas tree on saturday, erin tskes great delight in trying 2 get the chocs off it so have moved them 2 the top bit of the tree! lol She has also ripped baby Jesus out of the crib!!! have 2 go on a search 4 him every now and then. Dylan was never like that!!!

Thanks everybody, yes it was great telling everyone... went to a works xmas drinks get together with work providers tonight. I didn't need to tell all 90 people there as it appears the people I work with were quite happy to spread the news on my behalf lol... glad it wasn't a secret. My Manager made me laugh when she introduced me to one of her contacts and said "This is Jayne, she is going to have a baby in our office" .... I do hope not!!!:haha:

Thanks everybody, yes it was great telling everyone... went to a works xmas drinks get together with work providers tonight. I didn't need to tell all 90 people there as it appears the people I work with were quite happy to spread the news on my behalf lol... glad it wasn't a secret. My Manager made me laugh when she introduced me to one of her contacts and said "This is Jayne, she is going to have a baby in our office" .... I do hope not!!!:haha:

That's too funny. I've been to a number of parties at various friend's houses and they're all super excited to introduce me as their pregnant friend because they've all decided that nobody can tell unless it's pointed out to them and everyone needs to know. LOL

I was just wondering when everyone felt the baby move for the first time. I live on tender hooks everyday and can't wait to feel movement. I have thought about a doppler but I think that would only make me worse.

Second scan is booked for 25 Jan but got a letter today saying I have to go in to see doctor on 12th!!:confused:

hi im soo glad i found this site, was feeling bit out of it as im 35 ! ! and expecting baby no 4, my oldest will be 17 in feb ! ! i dont feel or act old, it is other peoples comments that worry me , starting to get stressed bout being older this time :( x

hi im soo glad i found this site, was feeling bit out of it as im 35 ! ! and expecting baby no 4, my oldest will be 17 in feb ! ! i dont feel or act old, it is other peoples comments that worry me , starting to get stressed bout being older this time :( x

Congrats on your pregnancy, when are you due? Just try to ignore other people, 35 is not old at all, don't get stressed out about it. What ages are your other children, is there a big gap before no 4? Sometimes people just make comments to have something to say and they don't seem to think that they are being rude or overly personal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->