'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Hi all, hope everyone is well x

Polaris/Truman - Thanks for your positive words about induction and Truman for your experiences. The bit about the 12 year old made me laugh a lot :haha: You asked about the glucose testing, I had that too. I think they like to be extra vigilant with us grannies when it comes to testing for gestational diabetes. My test results were normal and from what I can work out that seems to be the case for most women. So try not to worry. When is your test?

Maybe - How are you feeling about the scan? Are you going to find out the sex?

CSunshine - Lovely to see you back, hope you're feeling ok x

Happyjacky/Angelas - Welcome to the grannies! I think it's great that new ladies are joining the thread and keeping it going. Seems like only yesterday that I was here in my first tri and now I'm 2 weeks from my due date. Everyone here is so lovely and will make you feel really welcome.

Hi Seity and Vicky - Hope you're both well and Vicky not long now til we meet the little ones. Can you still recognise which of them is moving?

Hi Ava and Marleys - Nice to see you popping in still and glad to hear you're both well. You must be extra excited about Christmas this year x

Saw MW today and the baby isn't ready to go anywhere yet so looks like I'm likely to go straight through til my induction on 29th!

aww meerkat it won't be long now! b4 u know it ur baby will be here!

had my scan. was going 2 stay team yellow but caved at last mo as my dh wanted 2 know and he's been having a rough time at work lately so thought it'd cheer him up. also we took our son with us and he wanted 2 know 2! it was a last min decision as the hospital have just changed their policy. b4 now they wouldnt tell you the sex. anyway mother's intuition proved right 4 the 3rd time and we are on team blue!!!

Maybe - Yay it's a boy how exciting :happydance: Your mothers intuition is a lot better than mine. Both DH and I were convinced we were having a boy (didn't find out) and got quite a surprise (a good surprise though) when Chloe was born, we had a boy's name picked out but no girls name we were that convinced!! Though from the moment we saw her we wouldn't change her for the world!

Welcome back Csunshine and huge congrats :happydance: I'm crossing everything for you[-o< - also just noticed your due date of August 22nd was Chloe's due date too.

Meerkat - ohh time is ticking not long to go, hope you are not too uncomfortable and hope you are taking it easy! Are you getting much BH contractions? I had an induction my only advice is if they put you on the drip on delivery suite get an epidural as the contractions come quick and are intense. I had the epidural done before they started the drip and it was great.

Ava - well done on Finlay reaching a stone -honestly he is just cutest little man!

Welcome happyjacky congrats on your pregnancy.

Hope all the pregnant ladies are keeping well and taking it easy!!

Only 8 days to Christmas and still so much to do!!

I knew there was a reason I wanted to return here so quickly!!!! You ladies are just lovely! You make me feel welcome and loved. LOL well welcomed anyway

This is my second August due date so trying not to dwell on that and just look to the future and can't wait for my early scan 19 days now. WOOO HOOO!

Meerkat don't worry about induction I had that with my DD and sure it's uncomfortable but really not horrible. Try and relax and enjoy your birth! :hugs: Can't wait to see pics!

Tilly when was she born, did you go over or were you early?

Hello to all the other ladies that I've missed will check back soon.

Hi everybody, isn't it just great, welcome to Csunshine and Happyjacky, I agree this is the best thread on bnb. Nice to see everyone is happy. One more day at work yey... then don't go back till 4th Jan :happydance:

I can't believe it is almorst Christmas, this time last year oh and I had just decided to try for a baby. We agreed I would finish my pill this month (Dec) and we would start :sex: with a mission in mind in January ... and here we are lol .

Ava congratulations on Finlay gaining the weight you will have to post some pictures.... would love to see them.

Did I ever tell you guys my oh weighed 11.13 ........... (OMG) enough said me thinks. :rofl:

Maybebaby, congratulations I can't wait for my scan I want to know and would love another boy, but oh is not so sure he likes the idea of the suprise. Will see what happens nearer the time scan is booked for 25 Jan.

Polaris I hope you have a wonderful 1st Christmas. It is such a magical time when they are young.

Well enough waffle that's me for another day. Night Night and take care.

Hello.....feel like I am intruding on close friends here but just wanted to say Hi.

I am 34 and pregnant with my first, it is nice to hear so many lovely stories about happy and healthy mummies (and mum's to be!!!). Am hoping my age won't be an issue but can't help but worry.

Welcome firsttimemumm! I'm 36 and this is my first. I don't think age is an issue at all. I feel I'm still rather young to be honest.

Well I have made it to 5wks! YEAH now only two more until my scan!!

Hello firsttimemumm welcome and no your not old at all! This thread is for more mature mums and mums to be. LOL

I am so nervous everytime I go to the loo thinking it will be over and it hasn't been and my @@'s are more tender so I know that is a good sign too. I am ready for bed and it's only 1:45pm here :dohh: I still have massive amount of Christmas shopping to do :dohh: When will I find the time?????

Hope your all well and are more preparred for Christmas than me!:hugs:

Hi firsttimemumm and welcome. Your not intruding the more the merrier as you can see we all like it here. You are right about the happy thread, apparently I can move to 2nd tri from tomorrow...... but not so sure.

Oh, and you not old I am 40 lol :headspin:

Thanks everyone!!!!!

I don't feel that I am old at all but have had a few comments (not meant in a bad way) that made me think....

It's nice to see all of you chatting and supporting each other.

I *think* the morning sickness has more or less gone now - which is great! Good timing for Christmas day as I am cooking for both my and DH's parents. I am so excited as we are going to tell them Christmas morning - I say 'tell them', I have just wrapped 2 'Grandparent's Boasting Book' photo albums up with a scan pic in each!!! Can't wait to see their faces, my Dad has given up thinking that DH and I will ever have children (my DH and I have een together for 14 years - met at school).

Looking forward to spreading the good news!

Hope you are all really well and enjoying your 9 months!

Meerkat - ohh time is ticking not long to go, hope you are not too uncomfortable and hope you are taking it easy! Are you getting much BH contractions? I had an induction my only advice is if they put you on the drip on delivery suite get an epidural as the contractions come quick and are intense. I had the epidural done before they started the drip and it was great

Thank you for the advice I will defo see if I can get an epi before the contractions get too much, I hadn't thought of that before, it's good advice thank you x I haven't had any BH at all yet! :nope: Did you?

Maybe - Congratulations on team blue, a little boy, how exciting. I can't wait to meet and find out whether mine's blue or pink now. Nine months is a long time waiting!!

Firsttimemum - :hi: Hi and welcome. I think its lovely that you're giving the grandparents a scan pic each for Christmas. I bet they'll be over the moon, you can't get a better pressie than a new grandchild can you!

Hope everyone is well. Had my last MW appointment today, all is calm down there so I'm not expecting any action until I go to be induced next Tuesday. Counting down the sleeps now.. :happydance:

Good luck Meerkat! I was induced and it wasn't that bad, cause I'm back here again. :dohh:

Hi everybody just in case I don't get the chance I just wanted to wish you all a very happy christmas and a fantastic new year.

Good luck next week Meerkat can't wait to hear your news.

same to you truman! happy christmas 2 all of u girls and your families :hugs:

I can't believe it's Christmas eve! Happy Christmas to everyone!

Thanks everyone I'm so ecxcited I can't tell you.
Have a wonderful Christmas all xxx

Happy Christmas everyone :happydance:

Good luck on Tuesday Meerkat, hope all goes well and the induction is quick looking forward to hearing your news!

Happy Holidays and a Very Merry Christmas to you all!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Meerkat can't wait to hear about your little one!

Happy Christmas Eve everyone :) :flower:

Now to play catch up (again ... LOL)

CSunshine - hope everything is well with you - not long now till your scan, I'll be thinking of you :)

Vicky - how's the BP?

Marleys - fab that you're expressing enough for Andrew now! I bet he's growing at a ridiculous rate now, he was good with the weight gain right from the start IIRC :)

Meerkat - you have no idea how excited I am LOL. I am up when I should be in bed .. why I hear you ask ... I'm tracking Santa on the Norad site, it's fabulous! Have to go to bed soon though, he's in France and he won't come if we're up :rofl: But I bet you're even more excited, just a few days to go, will be thinking of you! :hugs:

Maybe - a boy, fantastic :blue: We thought all along that baby was a girl, and we were really surprised when Finlay was born! But TBH it just seems right for us to have a boy, and I've now decided I want a house full of them, I think I must be mad LOL.

Tilly - thanks, we wanted him to be 14lb by Christmas but he got two colds so didn't put on much weight for a few weeks or he'd have been 14lb by the end of November. He's doing so well and even if I do say so myself he is so CUTE in his reindeer suit!!!

Truman - I have loads of pics on Facebook, if you're on there, drop me a PM :)

firsttimemumm - welcome! Don't feel like you are intruding, this is a lovely thread and we're always happy to have new faces :) I agree with Seity - I don't feel my age either! Try not to worry - just relax and enjoy your pregnancy :hugs: Your story sounds much like ours - we'd been together for 16 years when I fell pregnant, and not one person expected us to ever have a baby and they were overjoyed! Have fun tomorrow!

As I speak Santa is in continental europe - better get to bed, have left out the carrots, some chocolate fingers and magners LOL.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->