older yummy mummy thread (30+)

Hey

Congrats future :yipee:

maybe I've had a crappy week honey - but my bestie is home from holidays today so back to normal term time activities and fun ;)

I'm off to make myself have a reasonable-early night. I was in the shower at 1am last night! :wacko:

seraphim - sorry to hear you had a crappy week. where are you at with things? are you and LO living on your own now? Glad your bestie is back too look out for you xxx

Arrgghh, I'm on the final countdown, back to work in 4 days !!! boooo

Thank you everyone :hugs:

Maybe, like I said before... love the pigtails ! Sounds like she is enjoying her time !

Good luck to the other ladies who are heading back to work:thumbup:

Before I had Emily my commute was 1hr plus I worked a 12 1/2 hr day .. so I was gone close to 15 hrs a day. Big reason why I didn't go back to work.

Cute pics maybe. That's a school uniform, or is it more of a dress code?

Gabriel was supposed to have his 18 month appointment yesterday, but the roads were closed because of flooding. They reopened in the afternoon, but of course I had a morning appointment.
I was looking forward to getting an official height and weight for Gabriel. He's rescheduled for 2 weeks from now.
He's been extra grumpy the last day or so and last night was moaning and having trouble sleeping. I put some teething gel on, but didn't feel anything, so I'm thinking growing pains.
I was holding him in the rocking chair and he kept pointing up where I keep his medicine and saying 'that', so I gave him the nearly empty bottle of antigas to hold. He clutched it in his hand and that seemed to calm him down, so he slept with it clutched in his hand. :shrug: Odd child.

seity - hope gabriel is ok today! :rofl: at the medicine comfort bottle!

seraphim - sorry it's been a crappy week for you :hugs: glad your bestie is around now to cheer you up! :thumpup:

future - 15hr days :shock: no wonder you gave it up!!!

amy - i'm sure it's not going to be half as bad as you are anticipating! i have quite enjoyed some aspects of work (mainly tea breaks where i can actually drink a :coffee: without being interrupted 20 times :rofl: )

well tomorrow is gib national day so we're in party mode then. everyone dresses up in red and white (national colours) and there is a rally and they release 30,000 red and white balloons (the population is about 30,000) and then there is a little funfair and other activities around town. i'm going to go with my parents as danny is working nights tonight and tomorrow so wont feel like it. it's not really his thing anyway. my mum booked a table for lunch so we'll eat after they do the balloons and then head to the fair with the kids. best thing is as national day falls on a weekend we get monday off!!!!:yipee:

thanks girls! it was a nice day, fun filled for the kids :) am just uploading pics to facebook!

seity - i forgot to answer your question about erin. it is a school uniform she needs to wear.

how are you all? i have been super busy at work and not had much time to come on here as have been bringing marking home plus having to create backing tracks! then there's the 3 kids and the flat and DH! phew! not enough hours in the day!!!

maybe - urgh, I can sooo completely empathise! Its sooooo hard, I find the 1 hours drive either way too much too. The good news is I was offered a job in my local hospital! 10 mins down the road :happydance: its 4 days a week 8-6, no weekends, nights or bank holidays! I am soooo pleased because I was fully expecting to have to work christmas. I'm just waiting for my CRB check and references then I'll hand my notice in as i only have to give a week! So has Danny been supportive with running the house now you are back at work? :hugs:

That's great news Amy!
We're doing great. We finally had our 18 month appointment. Gabriel was 19lb 13oz and 31.5 inches, so didn't quite manage to get over 20lbs yet, but that puts him at the .5th percentile for weight, which is slightly higher than the .3rd he'd been following. :rofl: His height and head circumference jumped up percentiles a little too. Somewhere around the 25th percentile for those.
They gave us an 18 month assessment questionnaire to fill out and he was already doing every single thing they asked about! No worries on his development at all. :happydance:

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6178/6192009422_fc03d064a8.jpg

awww thanks ladies :blush::hugs:

seity - great news about Gabriel - he looks sooo grown up! handsome little dude!

I am loving the heatwave we are having here :coolio:

Seity - what brilliant news about Gabriel! He's looking so grown up now :cloud9:

7 weeks left at work, and 9 or so till Pip is here! I'm not sure I'm ready to be mommy to a VERY busy toddler and a newborn! :rofl:

Quite upset tonight. Was fast asleep on our lovely air mattress that has been so comfortable for me during pregnancy. I turned over in my sleep, and woke to a "whoooosh" noise.... there is now a hole along a seam in the mattress :( Overuse, I guess. Now we need to sort something else out for my parents to sleep on when they visit..... :cry:

Thanks ladies. It's amazing how he went from everyone thinking he was younger than his age to everyone thinking he's older than his age.

Amy, It's been cold and rainy here, so sick of the rain. Enjoy your heatwave!

Oh no Anna. I hope you can get something sorted quick. We briefly considered an air mattress, but we've 3 cats and they like to sleep on the bed with us. I'm sure you'll adapt quickly to being a mom of two and hopefully Alyssa will love being a big sister and helping her mommy out!

anna - sorry to hear about the mattress!

amy - congrats!

seity - gabriel is gorgeous!

well work is soooooooo exhausting and keeping me really busy so sorry for being crap at coming on here!!! apart from not being able to keep on top of the housework things are good. i'm in search for a cleaner to come once a week for a few hours to help keep things in order!

Anna - wow I cant believe its only 9 weeks until pip is due! Your pregnancy seems to have flown by! and only 7 weeks of work woohoo! Really sorry about your air mattress :hugs:

seity - hope the rain ends soon! We're predicted one more day of sun then autumn will be back.

I'm sooo tired from work today. It makes me pig out when I get home. bread and cheese yum

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->