older yummy mummy thread (30+)

seity - lovely pictures!! :thumbup: you look fab!

seraphim - :hugs::hugs: hope you are doing ok? was it a mutual decision? 12 years is a long time :flower:

seraphim - :hugs::hugs: hope you are doing ok? was it a mutual decision? 12 years is a long time :flower:

Thanks hon. I am ok.
No it wasn't mutual. It was completely out of the blue, no rows or anything.
But it's been so tragic I can't explain. Too many of those years he wasn't telling me the whole truth. There's no going back, I don't want to go back. So the parting was all his decision, I was very committed. But the divorce is mutual and I'm wanting to finalise it asap. I want my life back.

I was still 18 when we met so it's a bit odd to be out of the bubble.

:hugs: Seraphim. That sucks, but it sounds like you'll be better off once the dust settles.

Funny you should mention the boobs because they are 2 cup sizes smaller than pre-pregnancy and I love them so much better :rofl: I always felt they were too big before, so I'm one of the lucky ones who's happier with them after.

seraphim - :hugs: I can understand, my DH and I have been together since we were 17. I cant imagine how I'd feel in your shoes :hugs: but I guess getting the divorce finalised means you can start afresh and get on with your future - which is exciting in some ways! :flower:

seity - you are lucky! I HATE my boobs :haha: mine would be visibly drooping into the bikini you are wearing :blush::haha: I do accept my body now though in a way I never did in my twenties.

doh, another day of promised sunshine replaced by clouds and a chilly breeze!

:hugs: Seraphim.

My boobs seem to be shrinking. So much for pregnancy making you go up a cup size or two! :dohh:

seraphim - we are here for you :hugs: you're a strong woman and will be fine :hugs:

amy - i hate my boobs too!!! they are small and saggy :(

seity - do you live right in the middle of new york? we went there for new year's eve 2008 when dylan was just 3 and erin 15 months. an experience! it was sooooooooo cold compared to our mediterranean climate. i had to buy dylan a feather down coat!

anna - are you happy with your shrinking boobs? they'll grow again when your milk comes in again!!!

today was my sister's bday so we went out for lunch and then to my parents for tea. i m sooooo tired though. glad the kids are asleep now so i can chill. i was going to do some ironing but i cant be bothered :haha::blush:

My boobs, unlike the rest of me, are rather small :haha: I wish they were a bit bigger, but hey-ho, that's life :) They didn't change size throughout my pregnancy with Alyssa, and strangely didn't get larger when my milk came in. How odd - sums me up well :rofl:

I am also the same.. my boobs never got bigger or smaller during / after pregnancy.
I think they are still kinda "perkie"

Seraphim , I am sorry about the end of your marriage. It's tuff. I was with my ex husband since I was 14 yrs old and by the time we called it quits I didn't know where he ended and I began.. in other words I had to discover who I was.. and I have to say it was hard.. good luck, sweetie !

seity, you look awsome.. Are you right in New York ?
My mom and I are going to do the "tourist" thing and come to New York on a bus trip in early Dec.

How you feeling, Anna ??

How is everyone else ???

Emily gave us the scare of our lifetime the other night..
DH and I were talking in the livingroom and Emily was on the couch with us... DH went to go to the kitchen and I guess Emily tried to jump off the sofa and lost her balance and hit the floor on her back ( I think I made it worst by trying to grab her).. well there was a small toy on the floor and she smacked her head off of it...
I instantly picked her up and when I did blood was spraying everywhere..
DH and I freaked out.. within minutes we had her loaded up and on the way to the hospital..
We later learned she had hit and artery and it took four stitches to close the wound and stop the bleeding ( they even shaved a patch of her hair )
My poor hubby was so upset because they had to take her to the OR to do the stitches and Emily was screaming for her daddy... even the DR said that was pulling at her heart strings !!!
I am now looking for a nice comfy bubble for which we can put her in till she is 30 !

oh my gosh future!!! :hugs: :hugs: its just the worst when they hurt themselves but when it gets serious its petrifying :hugs: what a nightmare for you all. I know what you mean about wanting a bubble, my Alex is so accident prone :dohh: I'm sure Emily's hair will soon grow, I hope she is OK now :flower:

You ladies are good for my ego. My boobs stayed the same for the pregnancy, went up a cup size for the first month or so of breastfeeding and then started getting smaller. Yes, I live smack dab in the middle of New York state. Ithaca is right at the (bottom) tip of Cayuga Lake, the 2nd largest of the Fingerlakes (Seneca being bigger).

future - What a fright! I hope Emily is feeling better now.
Gabriel is always tumbling off something. This morning he stood up on the bed and then slipped and fell off. Luckily landing in such a way he only rapped his head on the corner of the dresser vs full force. He finally got tall enough that he can get on the bed, couch, and up in the bay window on his own :dohh: He's gonna crack his head open sooner or later because he doesn't have any caution.
I keep telling him to be more careful because we don't have a backup kid :haha:

Emily is just fine now.. they advise to to keep her " quiet" for a day or two... pssst whatever ... I have only managed to keep the wound dry ( the only peice of advice the DR gave me that I could honestly follow)
The stitches will come out next Thursday, I am just glad the scar will be on the back of her head.
Emily is the same, seity...
She climbs everything then either jumps up and down or runs across whatever she has climbed ( bed , couch ect)
It was only a matter of time before she fell, we just didn't expect such a serious injury..

Glad to hear she's OK future! she just looks so cute and innocent in the middle picture on your avatar, I cant imagine her climbing everywhere :haha:

oh future :hugs: the head bleeds so badly. danny was throwing dylan about on the sofa playing when he was 3 or 4 and he smacked his head on the window sill and the same thing happened, blood everywhere and 4 stitches! he found it cool to show off in school though :haha: i'm waiting for something to happen to owen as he climbs up on anything. he can climb the ladder of dylan's raised bed and if we forget to close the door to the room we find him sat at the top looking really pleased with himself :dohh::haha: it's a matter of time. today he pulled a stool to the unit the tv is on, stood on it to try and touch the tv and fell off. i thought he'd hit his mouth on the unit but there was no blood so i think it was just a fright!

today i had to punish erin. she refuses to eat her food and only wants chicken nuggets and rubbish. i told her she couldnt come to the cinema to see cars 2 if she didnt eat. i think she thought i wouldnt follow through, but i did. i took dylan and left her with danny. she cried so much coz we sent her to her room when she refused to eat that she cried herself to sleep. i felt pretty shitty but it is for her own good. she needs to eat well. tonight she ate all her food without much fuss so i hope i've frightened her into seeing that i mean business.

Tough love can be so hard..
Good for you for sticking to your guns though..
Too often I see parent's not follow through and pay the price for that later..

Emily got her stitches out today with no fuss at all..it's healing nicely..
I don't know weither I am crazy or just plain stupid but I am taking Emily camping ALONE from Sunday till Friday..
DH is going to drive to the campsite with us and help set up but then he is going to go home and come back next Friday.. it's a long weekend ( labour day) here in Canada so he'll finish the trip with us..we'll come home Monday the 5th..
Does anyone have some advice on how to preserve my sanity..
The reason I am doing it is because Emily loves camping and the beach so much and the summer is starting to draw to a close... plus I get to get away from the hussel...
Any advice ??

Aw, I'm sure you'll be fine. Gabriel loves being outside. Just try and keep your regular eating/napping schedule and have lots of easy snacks available.
Yay for no fussing when the stitches came out.

seraphim - That's too cute!

So glad Emily was fine when the stitches came out! :thumbup: You'll have a blast camping, I'm sure of it!

Wish it would stop raining here long enough for my jungle of a yard to dry out so I can cut it.... not been able to for a month :( Embarrassing.

future_numan: one of our best friends is just off camping... she read that an inflatable dinghy is a great thing to take on camping/beach trips and having seen the girls trying it out when she inflated it to test, I have to agree! They had great fun bouncing, it makes a great makeshift place to nap, it's a good seat, and little haven should you get wet ground, and it makes being in the water that much more fun. All in all for something which deflates quite small, it seems a genius idea.

Seity, I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you while that terrible hurricane comes to your area... I hope you and your family are safe !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->