OMG help!!!

Samanthatc

Reaction score
Okay so not 100% sure of how many dpo but I think I was around 9dpo yesterday. Anyway yesterday was my end of year staff Christmas party. I thought I better take a frer that morning before the party to see if I could drink or not. Well I was in a bit of a rush, I thought something might have been catching my eye but I squinted pretty hard and couldn't really see anything. So with that result I decided to let my hair down and have a few drinks. Well a few turned into LOTS!! Anyway I don't know why I did it but this morning I was about the chuck yesterday's test in the bin but had a quick glance but and I could see a second line. Here's a photo. It's hard to see in the photo but in real life I can def see something.

So my question is do they always dry like this? Or am I maybe pregnant and did I damage my baby last night by drinking so much if I am???

image.jpg

image.jpg

Another pic. Frustrating that it's hard to capture in the photos. I swear there's something there in real life and I'm not still drunk hahaha probably just an evap tho

Not sure if they all dry like this, I definitely see the shadow on there that looks like a line but it's way past the 'time limit'. I would take another test to make sure. And more than likely you did NOT do any damage to your baby at this stage with drinking. Just no more drinking until you know there is a negative.

Thanks! If I'd thought there was chance I wouldn't have drunk so much but I really felt out this cycle now not so sure. Other annoying thing is that was my last frer and my cars still at the pub so I can't go get anymore right now. My husband should be home in an hour so I can buy some then :)

I would definitely retest but yeah, trust me, chances are if you are pregnant baby is just fine! Statistically, one night of drinking is not going to cause issues. Some women didn't know they were pregnant until 2-3 months in and were drinking and smoking and their babies are fine. Of course it doesn't give an excuse for people to drink and smoke when pregnant but when you don't know you're pregnant, then it's not your fault. My mom was smoking for 2 months when pregnant with me since she didn't know and I'm fine :haha:

For now though, definitely no drinking until you know for sure :)

Good luck! :flower:

Thankyou! Oh gosh I can't wait to restest now!! Will keep you guys updated :)

I'm going to go with BFP! But like pp said, your night of drinking won't effect the baby if you are. GL!

Okay I just took another test and it's looking like a bfn. Strange, I had almost convinced myself I was pregnant after looking at yesterday's test but it just just have dried like that

My frer line with this baby you couldn't see until after it dried. Even though they say it's not a good idea to read after the time limit, it was obvious after the test had dried and the background was stark white again that there was a second line.

Hmmm interesting. Well this is today's test. still feels like there might be a shadow of something there but if it was truly the start of something I would expect it to be much more noticeable by today..

image.jpg

When I have used frer in the past they have always dried with an indent!

Hmm yes I see it on your new one as well. Turn the test over and see if it is the indent or not.

Smileyfaces I know what you mean about the indents. Usually I shine a light up to the strip and I can see a little clear indent line which tells me that it's a clear bfn but I don't know I'm struggling to see the clear line this time. I've been holding a torch up to it and struggling to see the indent. I see a shadow of something every now and then but it's not obvious. Hmmm

I think it might be a BFP! don't worry about the drinking, it'll be fine. As pp said, just dont do it again

I see it but if its passed the time limit you should keep testing and see what happens. Good luck!

I've had FRER dry like this before. They have a huge indent where the line should go. If you pick it up and look at it in the light you should be able to tell if it has any colour to it or if it's just where the indent it.

Good luck!

Just seen your most recent post. Mine sounded just like that at 9dpo! It wasn't totally white but I couldn't tell if I could see anything or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->