OMG help

JAJuly2013

Mom and Wife
Reaction score
Im freaking out..i am 8 weeks post partum and my period is due tomorrow. I took a First response because I didn't have my normal pre- AF spotting and its freaking positive! My understanding is there shouldnt be any left over HCG after 5 weeks. Thoughts?

Any pic of test?

Since you're pumping / breastfeeding, AF will be very irregular. With my last baby I didn't get AF till a year or more after his birth.

Anyway, congrats! If that's what you want.

Yeah i had a period 4 weeks post partum even though I'm pumping.

Any pic of test?

Since you're pumping / breastfeeding, AF will be very irregular. With my last baby I didn't get AF till a year or more after his birth.

Anyway, congrats! If that's what you want.

I would for sure continue testing to see if it darkens, scary stuff momma, I would be losing it :lol: fx for the outcome you desire <3

I'm 40 years old and my newborn has down syndrome. I most certainly did not want to get pregnant again. Oh my goodness. I'm just in shock right now

Yeah i had a period 4 weeks post partum even though I'm pumping.
Yeah I'm assuming it's probably because you're pumping. The same thing happened with my premature babies. I know with my two girls I bled for 6 weeks after giving birth on and off. It was hard to tell what was my period and what was just postpartum bleeding.

You must be worried, good luck I hope you get the outcome you looking for.

Oh gosh hon what a worry.
I guess all u can do it test again and see if it goes darker.
I can't imagine what ure going through right now.

Thanks ladies! So far I have 3 positive tests. I will retest tomorrow. Ugh...

Thanks ladies! So far I have 3 positive tests. I will retest tomorrow. Ugh...
:hugs: if you are pregnant, I guess it was just meant to be you know? You thought you were done but fate had other plans :hugs:.

My period ia due today. So far no signs of it starting. But I took a digital first response this morning and it was bfn. Thank GOD.
I think I got the false positive on the other tests because I used the same plastic pee cup when I was pregnant.

Hmmm. I'm going to say it's fairly likely you're pregnant- sorry if that's not what you're hoping to be but...that frer is a total positive, and as you probably know they are a lot more sensitive than digital tests- as af hasn't had a chance to regulate since your baby you could be earlier than you think and too early to get a positive Digi. I'd say keep testing for the next few days- using a pee cup that you last used 9 months ago or so that I'm sure you have rinsed out would not produce a positive result I'm pretty sure! Hope it all goes okay, keep us updated x

I think it can take a while for the hormone to disappear completely. I’m sure I heard someone say theirs was 8/9 weeks...

I did take another test, a generic early result test which was also negative. For both the FRER digi and the other test today I peed in a paper cup.
Honestly the thought that the plastic cup could still contain enough hcg to give me a positive result seems crazy to me but it kinda seems like that's what happened based on the tests today. However my period did not start today. Guess it's just a waiting game....

This is so confusing! I wonder what on earth is going on..! It's a shame you don't have a pack of cheapies...

Doesn’t the hormone start to disappear out of the urine when it’s left out? This would make me think it’s more likely to be leftover from previous pregnancy and you just got unlucky to test and catch the end of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->