OMG I am SICK of people telling me how small I am

Bingles

Proud mum of one
Reaction score
Everyday I have people at work telling me how small my bump is compared to the girl in the next dept who is due a week after me. This is her 3rd therefore will be bigger at this stage. I do have a bump that I can see when Im naked or in leggings or joggers just not so much in Jeans.

Its making me feel really crap tbh and making me wish more and more I was bigger. I am waking up every morning looking in the mirror hoping I have popped then I am on the scales.

Is anyone else getting this its really getting me down going to ask the mw tomorrow if I am too small for my dates :wacko:

awww take no notice! u will show soon enough xxx have u got a picture hun?

Everyone is different:hugs:when my mum went into hospital to have me apparently the woman next to her said "how far along are you? 6 months?" and my mum was actually gone 40 weeks! and I was born a 7 and a half pounds :)

omg I totally know how you feel!!!! It's never good enough. there are different people, different sizes and different bumps!!! Don't listen to anybody unless your obgyn or mw raises a concern. People are still telling me how small I am but I gained 24 pounds already, I mean c'mon!! Just because we are not looking like elephants (and especially so early on) doesn't mean something is wrong with us! :)

i get told im big for 21 weeks. and i get a bit offended. cant win can we really lol xox

Thanks this is me taken yest @21 weeks

I actually find myself wearing clothes into work to show what I have and I still get it.

https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h156/Bingette/Photos/2252d049-1067-4aa9-9095-75b1dbad975.jpg

I think I just look fat there tho

lol yeah im the same babybump. im almost 20 weeks and people tell me i look bigger. :wacko:

you have a perfect bump. Don't worry hun x
My OH's mom has just recently said how small I am and she remembers how big she was and I thought it was funny - does she really remember how big she was at 25 weeks 37 years ago? Highly unlikely. They are just saying silly things to get us worried :)

I think you have a nice bump for 21 weeks not too big or too small! I wouldnt wish for a big bump it gets in the way lol

I know how you feel!.. I must admit I'm not huge but I'm big to me lol.. I think when you''re pregnant people don't realise how proud you are of your bump no matter how big or small you are. I mean lets face it... The bump is the only thing we have to show the world we have little bundles on the way!!! xx

You have a lovely bump hun, I always get huge towards the end with mine, I am 19 weeks and to me Im still quite small, a few people up the school are expecting me to be huge, their faces say it all when I tell them how many weeks I am, then they say wow your tiny lol, Im just waiting for it to grow as it always does, but then I have the joys of having big babies too.......You may wake up one morning though and go wow where did you come from lol, does happen.....

I am really enjoying being small this pregnancy, as I say, you will get bigger-sooner or later. And I am really quite in peace being small so far during this pregnancy, it really isnt bothering me and when someone says that im small, i just say "yes, isnt that perfect". Especially now during winter. I really am not complaining, not that i would if my bump got huge over night either:D

i think ur bump is just right hun try not to let those at work get you down,

id be inclined to say yes i am smaller than the other lady she has had children before and i havnt my muscles must be stronger!! xx x x

To tell you the truth....I am jealous!!!! I am 22 weeks 3 days and I'm smaller than you are!!

I get it all the time.... in fact everyone seems to have an opinion about my bump! Yes I get sick of it and I try hard to ignore it. At first I thought it was just me being over sensitive but now my close friends have noticed other peoples reactions and are very sweet and always say... she's a lovely size!

You look a good size to me, just remember it ain't a compitition, you're bump looks cute, you don't want to be huge if you can help it! :thumbup:
Do you think the other woman is being told she looks like a whale compared to you?:rofl:

I am still small and haven't gained any weight yet at all but it just means I can feel bubs really well and that's nice! I will be checking with the midwife if its normal not to have gained yet but thats just coz I am a paranoid wreck!:dohh:

I'm getting to the point where people constantly make comments on the size of my bump,
and it really varies from person to person,
some people were WAY, way small at the stage I'm at right now and assume I'm supposed to be smaller,
then others will do what your coworkers say to you about someone else being bigger than you are without realizing its not their first child, whereas yours is your first.

oh &
to me, your bump looks perfectly sized:)

Your bump is perfect. I'm smaller than that at 27 weeks and my baby is growing just fine. There's a lot of benefits to a smaller bump, so I wouldn't worry about what anyone else says.

Thanks this is me taken yest @21 weeks

I actually find myself wearing clothes into work to show what I have and I still get it.

https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h156/Bingette/Photos/2252d049-1067-4aa9-9095-75b1dbad975.jpg

I think I just look fat there tho

Thats a perfect size bump! They are mad whoever says ur too small!

Hun you're miles bigger than I was at 21 weeks, you still have loads of time to get a massive bump anyway.. tell them to shut up :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->