OMG I'm pregnant. What now?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I got my first very faint BFP on Friday and they are getting darker. I can't quite believe it, this is only our first month off implanon. I'm praying this baby sticks around.
I already have a 3 year old little boy who was born at 32 weeks so straight away I'm really nervous. I think I'm going to book an early reassurance scan for in a few weeks time.
I feel like this is all new to me strangely, I can't remember what I did when I found out last time :haha:
When should I let the doctors know? Book midwife appointment etc? I know I'll be high risk because of previous prem so I wondered if it would be any different. Anyone know?

Ps. Congratulations to all you fellow first tri'ers!

I just found out today! This won't be high risk for me, but I would suggest calling your midwife or doctor and asking what they want you to do. That's what I'm going to do. They may want to see you earlier or something.

I just found out today! This won't be high risk for me, but I would suggest calling your midwife or doctor and asking what they want you to do. That's what I'm going to do. They may want to see you earlier or something.

Congratulations! How are you feeling? I think I'll give my doctor a call tomorrow and just see what he says. I'm not sure how far along I am, early on based on my light lines.

Since you'll be considered high risk, it's good to let you doctor know right away. I am personally just hanging around and waiting until I'm ready to call the doctor. I will probably wait awhile before seeing the doctor as long as everything is going okay. I've had a few babies already - one delivery being less than 9 months ago. I'm in no rush to be poked and prodded. Haha!

Congratulations! How are you feeling? I think I'll give my doctor a call tomorrow and just see what he says. I'm not sure how far along I am, early on based on my light lines.

I'm actually feeling fine. Not really much as far as symptoms go...but with my daughter, I didn't even get enough symptoms or think to test and I was 6w3d when I found out with her. Though my left boob which is usually a little bigger than the right, has gotten enormous lol! Peeing more than normal too,which is saying a lot since I pee constantly anyway :)

Congratulations! As you don't know your dates get in to see your GP, they might do a hcg blood test to try and date you and refer you for an early scan. The midwife probably won't want to see you until 8-10 weeks unless your GP refers you into them earlier than that.

I called my doctors today and explained my situation and the lady on reception just said "well we are fully booked all week so unless you consider yourself an emergency, such as you are losing your pregnancy, call back another day or I can book you in for January"
WTF!?

Omg, as if she spoke to you like that?! That is not on at all! Do they have a telephone consultation list or a triage list? Maybe just say that you need to speak to a dr but that it's personal? You don't HAVE to tell a receptionist why you want an appt, and with an attitude like that I'd be tempted to report her to the practice manager. That is not at all appropriate!

Wow, got to love a doctors receptionist! I was able to self-refer online for a midwife appointment this time round. Is that an option in your area? Google 'self referral antenatal' and the hospital you plan to deliver at. I was able to bypass the GPs altogether.

I called back this morning and spoke to a different receptionist thankfully. She was really lovely and has booked me an appointment for this Saturday at 11:50am :)

Thank you! I think I'll feel less anxious once I've seen the doctor at least. Even though I know he won't do anything as such.

Did my last frer this evening on only a hour or so hold. Don't think I can argue with this one :)

https://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab117/kirstybumx3/39B8890C-65D4-4DB5-AEF8-73211687F194_zps3aejux8p.jpg

All he needs to do is refer you either to the midwives or to the early pregnancy unit/ultrasound to figure out your dates.

Definitely can't argue with that test! Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->