Omg rib pain!!

Ashley2189

Mommy to a sweet toddler
Reaction score
I'm used to the baby sticking her feet in ribs occasionally and causing some pain but omgosh this pain is ridiculous. I woke up with it, and it's getting worse as the day goes on. I'm to the point where I can't bend over to pick anything up, I can barely move my arm without it hurting. I was sat on the floor and OH tried to help me up and I nearly started crying because of the pain in my ribs!

There's no point in going to the hospital, there's nothing they can do about ribs pregnant or not. Just another thing I get to deal with until my baby girl gets here. Sorry to complain, I'm just so sick and tired of hurting every day - back, belly, legs, boobs, contractions, kicks, the feeling of baby girl trying to claw her way out of my cervix, and now my stupid ribs. OH doesn't get how much pain I'm in on a daily basis and I try really hard not to complain since it's not going to make anything any better.

C'mon baby, get all nice and strong and plump and good to go and make your appearance already!! Mommy can't handle much more. :wacko:

zane brused my ribs while i was pregnant because he was so rough with them :( so i no how much it can hurt, im dreading it again with this baby as hes making his way up to them lol

uve prob tried it all but when shes in ur ribs stand up and then try to push her down abit as it sometimes helped when i was pregnant with my first

i feel ur pain lol mine are really sore too i just want baby out now im fed up and want my body back :( x x x

I'm feeling it too! Initially it was only on the left side but this week it's also started on the right as well. Being in constant pain is no fun........ and is also really getting me down. I've got 6 weeks to go and I really want the constant pain to be OVER!!!

Hey Ashley... I hope the rib pain is less by now! I've found that what helps me is laying down on my back (if you're able) and putting both arms above my head, to take some of the pressure off my ribs. My mw advised leaning against a wall and arching my back outwards with arms above head (but that didn't help me much) but maybe it will help ease the pain a bit?

I hope it's gotten a little better :hugs:

Aw Hun.. Sounds really painful. Are you taking painkillers to help? We can take paracetamol in the UK. I was was told I could take co-codamol last week which is stronger. You need to call your doctor and see what you can take. There must be something for you. Have you looked up online any movements you can do to help with the rib pain?

Hope you're ok. Men don't understand whats really going on with us which is annoying.

Look after yourself xxxxxx

Hey Ashley... I hope the rib pain is less by now! I've found that what helps me is laying down on my back (if you're able) and putting both arms above my head, to take some of the pressure off my ribs. My mw advised leaning against a wall and arching my back outwards with arms above head (but that didn't help me much) but maybe it will help ease the pain a bit?

I hope it's gotten a little better :hugs:

These are some really good suggestions :)

I find theyre about the only things that help me, my midwife explained that my rib pain is because the babies breech, and basically everytime i move headbutting me, i had to leave work a month early because of it and no painkillers seem to help at all. :( Can't wait to have LO out and not feel so sore! lol.

thanks for the suggestions.

starglow - i think paracetamol is the equivalent of acetaminophen for us and it doesn't do anything for me.

itsy - thanks for the suggestion, but it hurts way too much to even attempt to lift my arm.

i know it's just from her foot pushing against my rib all night, i had felt it and tried to move it but she kept putting it back lol even last night while i was in pain and trying to sleep she found the same spot and stuck her foot back in! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->