OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Dizzy321

very proud mammy to 3!
Reaction score
OH HAS JUST BEEN LAYED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hissy::hissy:

what are we going to do!!??? we have a mortgage to pay and a 2 year old and 10 week old to support!!!!!!!!

I dont know what to do :cry:

:hugs: Ring mortgage place they can put u on interest only payments while he finds work ...good luck xxx

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Oh Paula, I'm so sorry!
Ring your mortgage lender - they may be able to give you a payment break (I know the lender I work for gives 6 month breaks) and then put future payments on interest-only until further notice from you. That would ease a bit of the pressure.

xxx

I have just had a 3 month payment break when peter took a month off when i had the baby. Just rang up to see if we could put the mortgage on intrest only and I will have to re- mortgage. OH is home at 9pm so we need to sit down and see what we need to do. with the ecomomy like it is dont think he will get another job quickly!?? dont know where to go from here?...i am crap at these things...should i be looking for a job? guess we will need to get rid of sky/moblies/internet for a little while! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
the very last thing i want to happen is to loose our home we have worked so hard to have :hissy:

AWW no!!!!!!

:hug: :hug:

Ring the Job center and see what beneifts your entitled to x x x

I'm so sorry to hear this :( This economy is so tough right now and its really effecting everybody one way or another. There is nothing worse then fearing you may lose your home. I hope he gets a job soon and it all works out for you guys.

thanks everyone :cry::cry: I really dont want to say this but I hope somewhere along the line this is a blessing in discise (sp?) I absolutally hate him working in london all week and been asking him to find a job closer to home since he went there! but we really cant afford him to be out of work even 1 week :cry: I will probably have to find work cos he wont get a wage working here as good as the money he was getting in london... it goes from bad to worse :cry::cry:

oh paula, am so so sorry to hear this :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

ring the Citizens advice and job centre, maybe make appointments with them both, so you no what you're entitled to :hugs: x x

See is you are entitled to housing and council tax benfit. You could look for a job but it sounds shocking but u may be worse of if you look for a job with regards to claming things. Try and get one for 16 hours as i dont think this affect any benifits.
Is he getting any redundancy pay?

See is you are entitled to housing and council tax benfit. You could look for a job but it sounds shocking but u may be worse of if you look for a job with regards to claming things. Try and get one for 16 hours as i dont think this affect any benifits.

thanks i need to look into all this. he has been there 5 yrs and is only getting £1,500 which will last about 2 weeks :hissy: he has 5 weeks of work left :cry:

hope it works out for us, maybe me and OH work part time? I just dont know yet but got my fingers and toes crossed

Hun, im so sorry your in this situation. i would ring citizens advice and see what they say

big hugs

Lou
xxx

thanks i need to look into all this. he has been there 5 yrs and is only getting £1,500 which will last about 2 weeks :hissy: he has 5 weeks of work left :cry:

hope it works out for us, maybe me and OH work part time? I just dont know yet but got my fingers and toes crossed

Wheres he working paula?

Wheres he working paula?

he works for the company laing o rourke he works in London

Hmmm is he better looking for another job in down south? Cos theres naff all up here unless hes into working with adults with learning disabilitys and then my company are allways looking, the pays not great but its a job.

omg :( how awful. sorry you are having to deal with this right now!

phone up all your providers like elec,water, finances on anything like car/electricals etc etc and tell them... the last thing you want is warning letters and threats of court action on top of everything else. you have enough stress as it is.

phone job centre and ask about bennefits i know they do offer some help paying mortgage but like most things they offer there's stupid lists of must be met criteria.

def write a list of all out goings. write a list out of all luxuries like sky/internet/magazine subscriptions/food luxuries and see what you could cut out or cut down on. have a look online at your weekly/monthly shop and see what alternatives they have that are cheaper and see what you could save by swapping.

the most important thing to do is ensure mortgage is paid, things like elect/water/gas i'm not so sure if they can by law cut them off? any other finance like for cars/electricals i would do my best to ensure is covered/part covered as in the future you don't want them items taken or your cred history to be damaged.

don't forget that this is a super huge blow to your husband... it's not just your finances that's been shaken, it's his whole being that's been shaken. he's a man it's his role/job/responsibility to provide for his family so be sure to offer him lots of support and encouragement, and try not to 'nag' or get frustrated/annoyed... as hard as keeping sane is with the amount of worry and stress you have right now.

things will work out ok in the end, life has a way of trying us. you'll make it

xXx

xXx

:hugs: i'm so sorry. i hope you can sort something out soon!! x x x

omg :( how awful. sorry you are having to deal with this right now!

phone up all your providers like elec,water, finances on anything like car/electricals etc etc and tell them... the last thing you want is warning letters and threats of court action on top of everything else. you have enough stress as it is.

phone job centre and ask about bennefits i know they do offer some help paying mortgage but like most things they offer there's stupid lists of must be met criteria.

def write a list of all out goings. write a list out of all luxuries like sky/internet/magazine subscriptions/food luxuries and see what you could cut out or cut down on. have a look online at your weekly/monthly shop and see what alternatives they have that are cheaper and see what you could save by swapping.

the most important thing to do is ensure mortgage is paid, things like elect/water/gas i'm not so sure if they can by law cut them off? any other finance like for cars/electricals i would do my best to ensure is covered/part covered as in the future you don't want them items taken or your cred history to be damaged.

don't forget that this is a super huge blow to your husband... it's not just your finances that's been shaken, it's his whole being that's been shaken. he's a man it's his role/job/responsibility to provide for his family so be sure to offer him lots of support and encouragement, and try not to 'nag' or get frustrated/annoyed... as hard as keeping sane is with the amount of worry and stress you have right now.

things will work out ok in the end, life has a way of trying us. you'll make it

xXx

xXx

thank you for that it helped i just dont know what to do :cry::cry:
i am panicing soooooooo much :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh