Once bitten, twice shy...

SareBear

Reaction score
Feeling on form today, 38 weeks preg, seen MW, head engaged, I thought, 'now this is a good day to have my baby!'

I started to get some period like pains and thought ok, MW said don't rest on these pains, have nookie etc... so having the God complex I do, I thought in my infinate wisdome, I SHALL have this baby today. Easy peasy. Hair looks glossy, I'm all showered, feeling chirpy yada yada yada, today IS the day.

Anyways, I give hubbby the time of his life (a full 4 mins) and then pop off to bounce on my ball. Within MINUTES I've got PAINFUL tightening across my tummy, aches down my spine, hands start to shake and hot flushes. To top it off I then went for a good long puke. Thought I was in full blown labour immediately. How naive!

Now, everythings calmed down but I tell you, I'm not gonna try and force things again. It's well put me off this labour thing and that was only the tip of the ice berg. You can keep your contractions - braxton hicks are bad enough!

To top it all off, hubby said, 'remember what the mid wife said, don't relax, walk or bounce through the pain. You'll never go in to full blown labour if you keep giving up. Is there any thing I can do?'

'YES,Fu'K off............ you can imagine the rest x x x :blush::hissy:

Iam sooooooo gonna be a wailer x x x

:rofl: Well you can relax! I would relax now while you can, your baby will come out when it is ready. :D I wish I slept more before I went into labour. Geeze, what do men know? You will do just fine!

Did the midwife really say dont relax through it? :cry:
Im having bad period pains and irregular contractions in evenings last couple of days... should i be trying to make them worse??!! :shrug: :cry:

Did the midwife really say dont relax through it? :cry:
Im having bad period pains and irregular contractions in evenings last couple of days... should i be trying to make them worse??!! :shrug: :cry:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, can't say for you personally, but if you want to bring labour on and you have what I've been getting - mild period pains, then yeah, you can help bring those on to labour pains by doing things such as eating pineapple, walking, nookie etc...

If you're at risk of being prem, then of course RELAX if you're getting p pains. At the mo' I'm getting mild braxtons which turned in to not so mild ones. I think if I'd have carried on bouncing etc it might have brought on labour. I just got a bit scared so stopped. Not very brave you see, but at the same time am even more terrified of being drip induced, so I suppose I'll have to harden up a bit. Still got 2 weeks before due date but never been one for hanging around :)

x x x :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->