one born every minute : MALE 'midwife'

infact, there was a man in the room at one point! Could have been shrek and i wouldnt have noticed. It was all a total blur!

I don't see the issue. We have male OB's and gynecologists, why should 'midwife' be any different?

I had a male midwife for my sweep. He was brilliant, explained everything in detail, much more than previous female midwives had. I felt so at ease - until I saw the size of his hands! He did my baby's checks after birth too, the best midwife I saw by far.

Wouldn't bother me.

After Ellie was born and I was trying to BF, my left nipple/boob went really weird and I had a male doctor come up and mess around with it for ages! Didn't occur to me to be weirded out. I just wanted him to fix it so I could get back to sleep (he fitted me in at about midnight... :coffee:).

When i was in labour, the midwife explained that she would be doing a change over with the next MW on shift....well about 20 mins later in walks an extremely fit man who said he wanted to examine me, i was traumatized saying to original MW i wanted her to stay and i didnt want a man....turned out he was a doctor who ended up giving me an episiotomy and forceps delivery anyway! Didnt like it at all especially when he came to see how i was the next day, if men have got to be there they should at least be fat and ugly!!! SOOOO EMBARRASSING! x

infact, there was a man in the room at one point! Could have been shrek and i wouldnt have noticed. It was all a total blur!

:rofl: Can you imagine if Shrek had been there?? LOL!! Too funny

I had a male deliver my baby - he wasn't a midwife though, he was a consultant. But I think only a doctor can perform a delivery with forceps or ventouse (correct me if I'm wrong). I just wanted my baby out safely, I couldn't have cared less what gender they were. I'm glad I had a female midwife throughout my pre-natal care though - I would have felt embarrassed about talking to a man about ''green coloured discharge'' and a ''vibrating feeling in my vagina'' :blush: I probably wouldnt have mentioned it and then an infection may have gone undetected or something. My midwife had also been through childbirth and so could be more empathetic than any male could ever be.
xx

Wouldn't have mattered. I Had lots of male docs do internals when I was pregnant so it is no different really. When I was in labour with our boy there was almost a queue of men at one point waiting to have a look and trying to see if they could do anything. I never once thought about the fact that they were men. They were just doing their job.

Doesn't bother me. I had a male surgeon for my cs, he stitched me up, cleaned me up and fitted me with a lovely maternity pad when he was finished. No dignity lost then :p xx

hmmmm in a way it may be the opposite as a male knows he can never really actually know what it feels like.

whereas you may get a smartass midwife who *thinks* she can imagine if she has never given birth, or who had her own, of course personal, experience when she gave birth so can't actually know anyway iykwim??

:flower:

totally agree I had the aforementioned 'smartass' and lets put it this way I didn't send her a thank you card!
I think he's been brilliant with this poor girl

i wouldnt of minded hated my midwife that actually delivered my baby personally wouldve prefered a student male or female deliver LO at least they mite of noticed to lack of cry and not breathing. i had a student dr she was really nice was teling me how bad she felt about all her male class mates that were there to as near enough none of them got to see a birth or even the inside of a labour suite as nearly all women in labour or there partners sed no.

I had female midwives and i think that is what i prefered, however, a few men did come in the room at one point, (consultant, anesthetists) they saw everything probably, and i didn't bat an eyelid, one was quite good looking too with a star tattoo on his arm :haha: :winkwink: If i was in a sane frame of mind i would of been embarassed, but since i was hallucinating and about to give birth, i couldn't care less! :thumbup:

i had a male consultant - my labour was 2 hours from my waters breaking to my lo being born by emergancy section. before they put me to sleep i was having contrctions but not having any gap in between so was in agony, my lo's heartbeat was dropping so they had to bring consultant in. Guess what his name was........ Mr Jolly!!! He looked about 12. I couldn't believe it, i think i shouted something like "your taking the p**s" but the pain was that bad it only bothered me for a second :rofl:

When i was in labour, the midwife explained that she would be doing a change over with the next MW on shift....well about 20 mins later in walks an extremely fit man who said he wanted to examine me, i was traumatized saying to original MW i wanted her to stay and i didnt want a man....turned out he was a doctor who ended up giving me an episiotomy and forceps delivery anyway! Didnt like it at all especially when he came to see how i was the next day, if men have got to be there they should at least be fat and ugly!!! SOOOO EMBARRASSING! x

:thumbup:
yep - the guy who stitched me up was rather tasty, what a time to be thinking that :haha:
what a lovely view (me, not him)

I wouldnt have been bothered afterall i ended up having the dr come in and it could have been a male or female.
As long as they were gunna do their job proprly then thats cool with me

You get male gynecologists so I dont see what the difference is. :) I had my eyes shut from start until finish when I was in labour I didnt want to know what was happening down there lol

Wouldnt bother me. Hes just doing his job.

He is a bit alright though isnt he?

I don't have a midwife, but my OB/GYN is male. TBH, I would never choose to have a female OB/GYN, nor do I think I'd even consider one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->