One Day Period?

Starry Night

4 angels, 2 rainbows
Reaction score
OK, I officially have the wierdest, dorkiest body ever. After three cycles of long, irregular (irrational) periods I suddenly go "normal" and have a 28 day cycle. But alas! Normality was not meant to be. AF came on Monday evening and then....POOF....she was gone. Funny, just like a true :witch:

Up until, and including, my first cycle off the pill my periods were always 7 days and heavy, heavy to the point where it was bad for me. The past two cycles shortened to 5 days and were moderate with only the occasional clot.

But this time?? Practically nothing. And I'm using the term "one day" VERY broadly. The outright flow (if you can call it that) lasted 15 minutes. Got a few brown speckles on Tuesday that were mixed with discharge. Even that's gone. I'm dry as a bone now....TMI....sorry.

I've tried Googling this and I only came across people who were just as clueless as I am. The chances of pregnancy seem slim--couldn't find concrete examples online of this being a sign of pregnancy. Besides, I don't have any other symptoms other than typical PMS which isn't bad for me. I checked my cp this morning and it was low & hard. After work it went a bit higher but is still hard. I know that's not a reliable sign or anything. I thought I was getting preggo symptoms on Tuesday night--my boobs and lower back KILLED but I was also coming down with yet another cold (I just got over one!) and taking a Tylonel stopped those symptoms.

Is this the stupid pill still wreaking its havoc on me? I'm getting worried that the evidence is stacking up against me that I might have PCOS even though I was cleared for that 10 years ago. Maybe the cysts didn't show back then? I am getting tested again on Tuesday so it's not like I have long to wait...

My grandmother had irregular and light periods. Maybe I'm starting to take after her?

I guess this is more of a rant than a question. Has anyone else had wierd one-day periods? Blah. I have a few pregnancy tests lying around from last cycle. If I notice anything odd over the next few days maybe I'll do a test this weekend.

I hate that a part of me is getting hopeful as I was totally OK with AF arriving. False hope sucks!:cry:

Hi Starry Night. I get the same thing and have spent hours googling the symptoms. I have been for numerous tests including all the bloods which are showing that everything is normal. I am beginning to think that perhaps my body is just different but it is heart breaking particularly if you are experiencing what others go on to be BFP. Hope it works out well for you

I hope you get answers soon! Hopefully you are just becoming like your grandmother and it's just a normal, light period. If that were the case, I would die to be in your shoes :) My periods are always 7 days and extremely heaving, to the point where I can't leave the house the first couple of days because I leak out of the most absorbent tampons after 30 minutes! (sorry TMI) Anyway, keep us updated, it could always be your :bfp: month and you are one of those people who will have "periods" during their pregnancy :)

I hope you get answers soon! Hopefully you are just becoming like your grandmother and it's just a normal, light period. If that were the case, I would die to be in your shoes :) My periods are always 7 days and extremely heaving, to the point where I can't leave the house the first couple of days because I leak out of the most absorbent tampons after 30 minutes! (sorry TMI) Anyway, keep us updated, it could always be your :bfp: month and you are one of those people who will have "periods" during their pregnancy :)

I spent YEARS with yucky, heavy periods (I had to stay home too) so if this proves normal I will definitely not complain about shorter, lighter periods! LOL

It would just be nice if my body did the same thing each and every month.

lol oops I meant "heavy" not "heaving" :dohh: Aren't those long/heavy periods just awful!! I'm hoping by some miracle now that my cycle seems to be a regular 28 days, the bleeding won't be so bad. Of course, I'm also hoping to soon not even have bleeding at all, for at least 9 months :)

Fingers crossed for you :hugs:

I checked my cp again and it's a bit higher now. It went high just before my last period so I'm not sure it means anything. But I think it feels open. Still not exactly sure what the cervix opening feels like. The cm from inside was brown mixed with clear though when I wipe I only get clear.

*sighs* I'll probably cave and test this weekend anyways. I don't want to entertain hope and then find out at my scan that there's nothing inside. Rather face reality in the privacy of my home.

i havent read the other comments and not really have all that much advice to give you..other then to say that sometimes i get odd periods too. my last one came on CD 22..that is not normal for me and it only lasted two days...one day of heavy and the second was spotting. I know me saying that doesnt help you much. I would take a test if i was you tho....it is common for women to have an implantation bleed on or around when they are suppose to start af when they are pregnant. im not trying to get your hopes up or anything but i would at least rule that out.

Don't worry, you're not building false hopes. :) I will definitely test. I can't help myself. ;) But I'll probably wait until Sunday. I couldn't face work after a BFN and I have a wedding on Saturday to go to and it ruin everything if I was all glum.

My DH just commented this evening that it seemed like I was still on my period because I'm being so moody, depressed and outright miserable. And while I am upset about my wonky period it does feel a little out of control. I hope next month is a little more sane.

Hi,

I know this is many years old but wonder if any of you found out if it was a problem? We've been TTC for about 8 months now and I have spotting for about a week (brown cm hardly anything) then a 1 day red period (temps drop on this day, perfect 28 day cycle, ovulate cycle day 14 etc). I am sure my lining must be super thin and certain this is due to having been on the pill for years but surely it's not normal?! Let me know if any of you found out the issue XXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->