One shot chances?

ryekamasaki

Reaction score
Hi there everyone! I'm Ry, and I am not actively trying to conceive, but I wanted to find somewhere I could air out my thoughts a bit. Sorry this is such a novel!

A little background: my hubby and I typically practice the withdrawal method, and it is very accurate for us. I have one 5 year old son, and we were purposely not pulling out (but not TRYING) when I got pregnant.

Present: On Christmas day my hubby said he figured we could give it a once a year try and subsequently did not pull out that night. According to my period tracker app, I should have ovulated the 26th (the day after) and I should have my AF on the 8th of January. For the last couple of days I had sort of cramp like pains, especially after dtd the day after or so, which I thought may be trapped gas, and also a pain just under my ribcage in the middle. I don't know if these are possible symptoms or if I'm just making myself crazy and it is something else. I didn't know that dtd the day before is the best for ovulating the next day.

Now I'm just confused but I can't get my mind off the topic at all. Any advice/suggestions/etc? I'm so grateful if you've even read my post! :laugh2:

Ha you're in the tww with me then.
Symptom spotting constantly. Set a day to do a test and try to forget about it xx

I'm trying really hard to forget. I know the chances of being pregnant with only one chance are so low, but I can't help thinking about it all the time! (It doesn't help that lunar gender prediction says it would be a girl) I only have one test, so I'm thinking that I should wait to test until the 8th or so, at least give AF a chance to show up. When are you planning to test? :)

Lol. I wish I could practice what I preach! I'm not sure when I ovulated or when period is actually due so I'm testing tomorrow then 4th as it's dh birthday and need to know if I can have a drink xx

Haha, I understand! If I had more than 1 test I would probably test already too! As it is I have no money to get another so I have to deal with the one. I'm so impatient though! I wish you all the luck!!

Thank you and to you! I have 100 cheapies for the price of a shop bought one xx

Mine is actually a grocery store brand cheapie that I got a 2 pack of just in case quite a while ago. My roommate's girlfriend apparently used one, so I just have the one left, lol. We aren't really TRYING to have another, it was just a one off thing, so that's why I'm not really prepared. I have a feeling that this is my very last chance to have another, though. :/

I'm not trying either, supposed to be waiting for various reasons but had a carried away xmas lol.
Had a dreadful night of non sleep last night and therefore no real fmu to test from so trying in a while but it's far too early me thinks as I didn't get a strong line with ds for ages xx

I keep telling myself that it is far too early to test and that I will most likely not be pregnant anyway. And I have a feeling that right after I test AF will arrive and then I'll be even more bummed!

I have waited and waited to test before and so anxious my period didn't turn up. Then I tested and same day there she was.
I'm so impatient.
I get carried away with poas, I did 4 digitals last time watching the weeks go up and up :blush:
Xx

I totally understand that! It's like we let the pressure off by taking the test and that allows her to show up! I really wish we hadn't accidentally dtd at the perfect time, cause it means a whole two weeks of waiting (well, one left, anyway). :/

Hi :), thought is join you as I too am in the tww after a one shot chance. My DH and I have a 1 year old and have been swaying between 'let's try now' and 'let's wait a year', last night we got carried away and decided to try. I'm not sure of the exact date of my last AF because as we weren't trying I only ever take notice of the week (I can usually work it out based on what I was doing at the time!) but I know that it was a little over 2 weeks ago so we could be in with a chance this month.

When we conceived our DS I was so excited during the tww, I'm going to drive myself mad this time I can tell. Let's wait it out together, hopefully the time won't drag. I've got a full 2 weeks to wait though! Please update when you know :).

This had definitely confirmed that I don't want to wait a year anyway!

Hi :), thought is join you as I too am in the tww after a one shot chance. My DH and I have a 1 year old and have been swaying between 'let's try now' and 'let's wait a year', last night we got carried away and decided to try. I'm not sure of the exact date of my last AF because as we weren't trying I only ever take notice of the week (I can usually work it out based on what I was doing at the time!) but I know that it was a little over 2 weeks ago so we could be in with a chance this month.

When we conceived our DS I was so excited during the tww, I'm going to drive myself mad this time I can tell. Let's wait it out together, hopefully the time won't drag. I've got a full 2 weeks to wait though! Please update when you know :).

This had definitely confirmed that I don't want to wait a year anyway!

Hi there! Yeah, my hubby totally surprised me on it, as he had said that he didn't want any more and is VERY concentrated on withdrawing in time lol. So I am not sure what to do. I really would love the chance to have another (especially a girl!) but I also have the feeling this is my last chance. My son is already 5 and I really didn't want to have kids so far apart. And the other day my hubby said he didn't want it to stick this time. :( Good luck to you though!

Fingers crossed girls. I thoght I'd be 8 but maybe im 9 or 10 dpo as I think I saw a very very faint line this morning.
Dh nagging for me to poas.
Fmu was very strong as ds slept through last night.
Xx

Wooo! Fx dear! If my period tracker is calculating correctly, I should be 7dpo today. Got slightly sore boobies today, but that normally happens from AF too, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. It could also be from having a brand new bra. :/ Here's hoping your got your bfp. :thumbup:

My boobs have been crazy since 23rd December. Heavy, firmer even lactating slightly and I stopped bf oct 2012, lol.
Xx

Yes, mine seem to get heavier every month before AF. This time they don't seem as heavy as they seem to just be tender. Also getting slight and sporadic nausea, which is annoying! I'm probably just over analyzing though. Had so many weird dreams last night about DPOs and everything. :dohh:

I had weird dreams the past few nights and I've also been hot and clammy.
I'm so anxious I've never tested so early before and I've been checking out when I think my period was and is due and it's not due til around the 8th.
Xx

Ugh, I know! Mine's not due til the 8th/9th either. I want to test so bad but I don't want to waste it, especially if AF just shows up on time anyway. So impatient!

As much as I'm a poas addict I do not recommend knowing so early.
You think you want to know but it's more worrying than not knowing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"