Onerth's Hanukkah/Christmas Notes

OnErth&InHvn

Mom to 4
Reaction score
We celebrate both on different years. Last year was the 1st Christmas.

For backstory:
We both great up with Christmas. When DS and DD1 were very little, we still did Christmas. Then after dd2 and learning DH is Jewish in his family, we said no more (plus money was super tight and that didnt help).

This year with the baby coming and dd2 is a December birthday, we were going to do Hanukkah but I caved and decided Christmas.

Thoughts so far:
-1 ornament each in their stockings. This year im hand making them to say big brother and big sister with the years they became them...example dd1 will say " Big Sister 2007 2020".
- Hanukkah gelt in their stockings.
- they usually get a little craft or very small toy as well in their stockings.

Gifts:
DS- I have no idea. Hes not here because it's not safe and I'm not sure I'll see him.
Dd1 and dd2- Nintendo switch. Theyve been asking for a long while. We have a Wii but it doesnt work.
Mom/dad- homemade ornament
Brother- gift card
Nieces- no ideA yet.
DH- no idea yet.

Dd2 needs a new bike. She got dd1 old one post accident.

Im still debating DH, hes into tech stuff and hardly does anything just for himself.

We ordered dd1s kindle, that will be here friday. Dd1 is deciding on which bed she wants...a left or a trundle.

I'll have to snap a pic of our lists.

Dd2 got her new bike yesterday. Dd1 went looking for her bed but didnt love the one she thought she did. Dh ordered a wallet.

We are going to the lego store so dd2 can pick out her set.

The bike sounds great :) I hope she manages to find a Lego set that she likes :)

She wants the disney princess castle. The $400 one. We are going with a smaller, cheaper one

Thats expensive. Glad you managed to find a cheaper version :)

We ended up ordering a lego city set and a lego diner set. Ken dolls. Coloring books.

Got our tree today, all set up, need ornament hooks. I ordered a menorah as we didnt keep our old one.

Barbies and lego sets came. Coloring books are coming next week. The menorah came today. A dreidel is coming next week.

Im getting their clothes and roblox giftcards in 2 weeks.

We didn't keep much of our Hanukkah stuff so I guess I need to get some decor. Theres a mensch, like elf on a shelf. The kids liked him. We did hang out the Hanukkah flag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->