only 2 days in and i need your help girls!

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
so i started weaning Annabelle on sunday so she has so far had 2 lots of baby rice, i have done what it says on the pack and only given her 1 teaspoon full and she has eaten it all, i was goin to give her a bit of carrot tonight.

is that too early or should i continue on baby rice?
also
it says to start with 1 ice cube amount of food, when do you increase that, after a certain length of time or as and when she eats that amount?

i am only going to introduce the basic fruits and veg that are recommended to begin with one at a time but not sure if to give one a day or to try same one for a couple of days then move on to the next?

thanks girls, sorry to ask so man y questions but i havent got anyone else to ask and my HV will only be funny with me that i have weaned her now if i try and speak to them

Lou
xxx

I would say stick to baby rice for 1 week, then start giving her 2 teaspoons of baby rice for 3-4days then move to 3 teaspoons for 3-4days etc.

About 10days in you could give her some puree's but try and stick to just 1 kind for a couple of days to check for allergies, if you do try them then its best to do it during the day (just incase there is a reaction).

At the moment its just for tasters really so don't be put off if she turns her nose up or doesn't eat very much. It takes Amelia 2/3 tastes before she accepts a new food.

Good luck this is where the fun starts :D

well tbh i think it's your choice. We started at 5 months and tried baby rice for two days and my daughter really wasn't keen. We then started on basic fruit puree and offered about a tablespoon which my daughter would easily polish off. I kept to apple for the first few days then went to pear and so on. If i could change the way i did it though i'd give veg first as my daughter developed a taste for sweet stuff! My Lo never did the whole 1 teaspoon a meal thing and my hv said it was fine if she was eating it and i wasn't forcing it (which i never would).

I gave Brooke plain baby rice for a week or so, then went onto banana rice for a week, then at the weekend im going to start on puree's.

An ice cube size doesnt seem enough to me though ... surely thats like 3 weaning spoons worth?

I wouldn't worry about telling your HV, if you have genuine reasons for weaning early they should support you and I know in my health centre they are happy for you to wean from 17 wks if required.

I got a weaning talk at 4 months from a HCA from the health centre. Do you get something similar? You might have to ask as they could be assuming you don't need it til 6 months.

Have you joined the Hipp organic club? The sent me a weaning guide/timetable in the pack which I stuc on the fridge and used. I made week 1 last for 2 weeks then moved on so that I wasn't rushing into it Found the guide really handy.

I would start with an ice cubes worth and go from there, if she likes it and wants to take more give it to her.....usually in the beginning though they take small amounts until their tummies adjust to solids

Hey Lou!
I added the baby rice to the purees to get Lexie use to the change over. My hv advised me to do this, she the told me to gradually reduce it until i am giving just purees. Lexie has one of the boots ice cube blocks (they are bigger than noraml ice cubes) and 1 teaspoon of baby rice and the whole lot goes! Started on the pudding tasters yesterday and she wasn't impresed!!! xxxx

Hey Lou!
I added the baby rice to the purees to get Lexie use to the change over. My hv advised me to do this, she the told me to gradually reduce it until i am giving just purees. Lexie has one of the boots ice cube blocks (they are bigger than noraml ice cubes) and 1 teaspoon of baby rice and the whole lot goes! Started on the pudding tasters yesterday and she wasn't impresed!!! xxxxx

Oopps sorry didn't mean to post twice!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->