Only one follicle growing

Unlucky41

Reaction score
Hi all
Today is day 11 for me and only three follicles 18,8,8. Realistically I think we will only get one matured egg.

Please if any one know of any successful stories with just one follicle please let me know. I am trying to hold unto some hope but it is so hard.

When we got pg with my daughter we have a whole bunch of very small follicles. Anything under 11 they don't count. We were holding steady with one dominant follicle and then it just stalled and gave the others a chance to catch up. After doing ultrasound every other day we triggered when we had 4 follicles all ranging from 18mm-22mm. So I'd say there is hope. Are they going to check you again in 2 days?

Was this from clomid. Doing iui or another treatment. My experience was with clomid and iui

Sprite thanks for replying! No I am doing an Ivf cycle. Was hoping for two to three follicles but it looks like it will just be one. Had another scan today. 20,11,8 trigger tonight as the doctor doesn't want to over cook the 20 egg but I will be injecting gonal f just to give the 11 follicle a slim chance!

I really hope I have a successful story to share with others in the future!

Our daughters are very similar age. I hope we won't get our bub 2. I feel a big hole in my chest and know it won't go ahead unless we get pregnant just one more time.

Praying for us both

Sounds like you have a plan. I hope the gonal f helps the 11 out. Good luck I hope this turns out to be your success story.

That's what we are going for too just one more so we can feel complete.

Fingers crossed.

Hi first post on here. We had our IVF cycle cancelled and were offered a IUI as a last chance as l only developed one folical Felt devastated turned forty last week and feel like times running out. Fingers crossed for you Unlucky41

B bear did the iui worked? EC tomorrow but every day will be a ticking time bomb. So many hurdles to jump!

What are you doing now B Bear?

I am with you. I just had IUI today, this was my second cycle was using injectables (Menopur - 150mg cd3-11) and only got one follicle (a second measured 14mm at cd9 but the rest were too small to count). I am scheduled for IVF #1 in August if the IUIs are unsuccessful over the next 2 cycles. The DH sperm motile count for the IUI today was <1M so this cycle is a long shot but also trying to stay positive. For those of you doing multi-IUI in the same cycle, I wasn't given that option, I guess I need to ask my RE about it but what kind of improved results does that offer? It seems smart, although with my DH's low counts, I don't know if he could give a viable enough sample so close together. Good luck to everyone!

Hi gals my ivf journey is over! The doctor advised no more and I can't handle another disappointment. We haven't totally given up hope but close. Going to get natural for a while. Going to see a naturopath and continue to lose weight to see if we can beat the odds. I am afraid the sinking feeling of never able to complete my family will haunt me for life.

Oh Unlucky 41 I remember you from another thread. I'm so sorry it didn't work out. Hopefully trying naturally works for u.. I really hope it does. Argh the amount of people who tell me ahh I bet the second time you'll get pregnant naturally! I know it's annoying to hear - it does happen - even with people who had to do IVF the first time. No doubt you're on all the vitamins!! I know CoQ10 helped us. Sure I are on it though

Thanks Miranda I am on it. Getting my amh tested again just to put everything into perspective.

I did three cycles of egg retrieval, the first two with only one follicle growing. So, the first cycle there was no egg, very disappointing. The second cycle there was one follicle, one egg retrieved, one embryo frozen. The third cycle I had three follicles growing very slowly. Two eggs were retrieved, one embryo frozen. We had intercourse on the day of the trigger shot and the third follicle, that was dismissed as immature, became a successful pregnancy, now at 26 weeks. My doctor allowed for an intercourse before the retrieval as some part of insurance act. So maybe you can try the same, do it before the retrieval and maybe one of the smaller follicles will catch up.

Sprite thanks for replying! No I am doing an Ivf cycle. Was hoping for two to three follicles but it looks like it will just be one. Had another scan today. 20,11,8 trigger tonight as the doctor doesn't want to over cook the 20 egg but I will be injecting gonal f just to give the 11 follicle a slim chance!

I really hope I have a successful story to share with others in the future!

Our daughters are very similar age. I hope we won't get our bub 2. I feel a big hole in my chest and know it won't go ahead unless we get pregnant just one more time.

Praying for us both

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->