Only women who got bfp AFTER MISSING AF

ready4number1

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hello ladies, and first, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BFP'S!!!!

I am currently 15dpo. At the risk of sounding mean, I must clarify that I am only interested in women who got their bfp's after missing AF. I have been researching this question and whenever someone poses it, a bunch of women reply about getting bfp's days before missing AF. And while that is great, it does not answer the question. And leaves me still searching :growlmad:. No offense. I am just at my wits end with everything.

I got what I thought were faints at 13dpo, 14dpo (AF due date), and 15dpo. I am now thinking they were all indents on FRER, though previous days I had stark white negatives. But maybe I am just a real pro now at staring until I see something :haha:.

How many days after your missed period did you get a BFP and what dpos did you test? And if you were not testing prior to AF and got a BFP, or only tested once after AF or the day of AF and got a BFP, then it does not count. I need some BFNs leading up to your BFP. Again, no offense ladies. I have been a hormonal witch this 2ww and I apologize.

My last BFP was a couple cycles ago and I didn't get it until 17dpo and it was a chemical so naturally I am nervous.

Thank you in advance!!

a week before AF was due i got two negs on test but abut a week after AF was due 1 week late i got a positive.

Having reread your post, my post doesn't help *delete*

It's fairly unusual for FRER to have indents I think?

Have you photos? I love a good squinter! xx

1 day after af was due I got a bfp. The test line was even darker than the control. I tested again 2 days later and got the same results. Both were with Answer brand.

It's fairly unusual for FRER to have indents I think?

Have you photos? I love a good squinter! xx

I took them apart and threw them away today. But here is the one from 14dpo https://www.canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.php?method=invert&testID=40038

You really can't see anything in the picture unfortunately. I see a little, but it was definitely there in person held at the right angle with the right light lol. Same with 13 and 15dpo. The indent seemed to have gotten wider after 13dpo, but just a smidge.

EDIT: If you invert it and adjust the screen brightness you may be able to see it. I turned mine down.

1 day after af was due I got a bfp. The test line was even darker than the control. I tested again 2 days later and got the same results. Both were with Answer brand.

Thanks, did you test prior and receive a BFN?

It's weird, I went through 'woo I can see something, ugh no I can't, yes I can, ugh no I can't'.

Sorry I haven't been more help x

It's weird, I went through 'woo I can see something, ugh no I can't, yes I can, ugh no I can't'.

Sorry I haven't been more help x

LOL!!! I completely understand. That is how it is on there. Thanks for looking. Not sure if you saw the edit I put under the my last post but if you turned the brightness down on your screen you may be able to see it a little more. Just wish I knew if i were an indent. But I should know within the next few days. Thanks!

I did 3 tests, one on the first day AF was due which was BFN then I did another 2 days later and got another BFN. Assuming then that I wasn't pregnant went for a hen weekend and drank the whole time. Come back a week after AF was due and still no show for it did another test which was my BFP x2. Just goes to show not everyone gets early results or even results when your supposed to get them :) good luck!

I got BFP 5 days after missed period but I suspected pregnancy before is even missed!

I did 3 tests, one on the first day AF was due which was BFN then I did another 2 days later and got another BFN. Assuming then that I wasn't pregnant went for a hen weekend and drank the whole time. Come back a week after AF was due and still no show for it did another test which was my BFP x2. Just goes to show not everyone gets early results or even results when your supposed to get them :) good luck!

Thanks for sharing! You rarely hear about the late positives. Thank you so much!

Hey ready4number1 I was following your thread on the ttc forum and wondering how it goes for you. I wish I had something more positive to say but with my 3 chemicals and ectopic I didn't get a proper positive (non squinter turn your head sideways) on any test until after AF was due. This pregnancy I got a solid bfp at 10 dpo and for me personally took hat as a positive sign about this pregnancy. I am a poas a-holic and start at 6 dpo every cycle (ttc for several years). I am a meticulous charter of temps and signs each month and so was very confident about my dpo's whatnot. My luteal phase started at 8 days when I began charting and by this summer I had lengthened it to 14 days with some supplements and creams.

I read about a lot of women who say they got a bfp after af was due and I always looked for women who knew their dpo for certain and how many days their luteal phase is. Most women don't chart and scrutinize their cycles and so it's very understandable that they weren't 100% positive on dpo and luteal phase length. A woman who gets her bfp after AF is due but has a 10 day luteal phase is different than a woman with a 14 day luteal phase in the same boat as I'm sure you've been thinking too. I'm sure there are a lot of women who have had successful pregnancies with a late bfp but I wasn't one of them. Good luck and I hope you get your bfp this cycle. Are you going to a doctor soon if AF doesn't make a full appearance?

I charted and my LP is really short like 12 days. So when the time came to test BFN. Didn't worry to much as she has a habit of being all over the place since my miscarriage. So a week later she still didn't show and I got a BFP. However, that being said I had a cycle AF decided to be 2 weeks late, then the next cycle she was a week early and ironically I don't have PCOS according to my doctor as I've been tested.

That being said a home pregnancy tests don't work on 2 of my cousins. They are sisters and one got a positive 4 months after being pregnant, she now has a 1 year old and the 2nd got a positive after 3 months and she's 29 weeks pregnant. So they have some weird ass genes going on there.

Also that being said I was in a thread for late periods when I had my 2 week late AF and the woman there got her BFP 2 weeks after her AF. So there is hope that you can still get a BFP, but AF might just be pissing you off and it can go either way :/

I had 2 BFN 2 days before AF. Then tested 2 days after AF was due and got my BFP. It was clearly + and went in that day for a blood test since I was on my 2nd round of Femara. I'm guessing my BFP was 13 DPO.

Hey ready4number1 I was following your thread on the ttc forum and wondering how it goes for you. I wish I had something more positive to say but with my 3 chemicals and ectopic I didn't get a proper positive (non squinter turn your head sideways) on any test until after AF was due. This pregnancy I got a solid bfp at 10 dpo and for me personally took hat as a positive sign about this pregnancy. I am a poas a-holic and start at 6 dpo every cycle (ttc for several years). I am a meticulous charter of temps and signs each month and so was very confident about my dpo's whatnot. My luteal phase started at 8 days when I began charting and by this summer I had lengthened it to 14 days with some supplements and creams.

I read about a lot of women who say they got a bfp after af was due and I always looked for women who knew their dpo for certain and how many days their luteal phase is. Most women don't chart and scrutinize their cycles and so it's very understandable that they weren't 100% positive on dpo and luteal phase length. A woman who gets her bfp after AF is due but has a 10 day luteal phase is different than a woman with a 14 day luteal phase in the same boat as I'm sure you've been thinking too. I'm sure there are a lot of women who have had successful pregnancies with a late bfp but I wasn't one of them. Good luck and I hope you get your bfp this cycle. Are you going to a doctor soon if AF doesn't make a full appearance?

Hi! Thank you so much for replying! Things are okay so far. AF still has not shown. I am seeing an acupuncturist and will begin charting this month as well. Yes, it is always hard gathering statistics because women's cycles are always so different. To answer your question, no I will not be going to see a Dr. if AF does not show because I have completely lost faith in them. With PCOS, every doctor I have encountered knows little to nothing about the disorder. I have gotten as far as I have gotten on my own, through my own research, as sad as that sounds. That is the exact reason I have switched to "alternative medicine." I love it!

I am a bit concerned about my LP because I began spotting on 9dpo this cycle and it was all natural without any herbs. I was not sure if it was IB or what lol. I am at peace that this may not be my month, and I know with each passing cycle I am getting closer to a successful pregnancy.

Most importantly congratulations to you! It is amazing that you have come this far and got a BFP so early. I am so happy for you! I wish you nothing but the best this pregnancy. I know it must be amazing.

I am looking forward to my time :winkwink: it will be soon! Enjoy lady!!

I charted and my LP is really short like 12 days. So when the time came to test BFN. Didn't worry to much as she has a habit of being all over the place since my miscarriage. So a week later she still didn't show and I got a BFP. However, that being said I had a cycle AF decided to be 2 weeks late, then the next cycle she was a week early and ironically I don't have PCOS according to my doctor as I've been tested.

That being said a home pregnancy tests don't work on 2 of my cousins. They are sisters and one got a positive 4 months after being pregnant, she now has a 1 year old and the 2nd got a positive after 3 months and she's 29 weeks pregnant. So they have some weird ass genes going on there.

Also that being said I was in a thread for late periods when I had my 2 week late AF and the woman there got her BFP 2 weeks after her AF. So there is hope that you can still get a BFP, but AF might just be pissing you off and it can go either way :/

It was a joy reading your post!! "Weird ass genes" :haha: That is funny. Thanks for responding. I felt like AF was coming again, I had the cramping, some EWCM brown discharge and that is about it. I do have PCOS, but, I have had it somewhat under control recently. This 2ww I have had all the symptoms associated with ovulation. I even feel something next to my belly button on occasion pulling. I felt like I pulled my groin at one point as well on the same side and last night I woke up scratching the heck out of my stomach. I may have weird ass genes as well.

Honestly, I feel like my cycle just needs some work. I may get my BFP in a couple days, if not, I am still going to do what I need to do to get my body in order. Thank you so much for your respond even though I sounded quite (w)itchy lol. A huge congratulations on your pregnancy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->