Only women who got bfp AFTER MISSING AF

I started testing just a lil over a week before AF due...all BFN!! then as well took one on AF due date as well as the next 3 days...Still a BFN!! I gave up, told my husband this is too much stress doin all this and stoped just figured not prego...well last day of testing was on a wed morning..woke up on the sunday morning and said well what the hell let ry its been a few days..and Bam I got my first faint BFP..let me mind you all the others that I took during the last 2 weeks I thought I saw a line and so did a friend lol...we wil went to work and later came home for lunch and took another..and another BFP!! I was so excited to finally se a line and hubby too lol..well waited a few more days and took a digital and it as well confirmed it..went in to WIC and theirs said BFN after I had 5 BFP!! so the tests make a huge difference, I had 3 different brands. I was at 21DPO when I got them..wish you luck..

I was due for AF on 10/15. I generally have extremely regular cycles, and on 10/17, I tested and got a BFN. DH and I only DTD once in six weeks (5 days before AF was due), so I didn't think there was a snowballs chance in hell that I was pregnant. I had lost 35 pounds in nine weeks, and apparently it screwed up my cycle, including when O fell. Tested again on 10/26; BFP.
Don't know if my situation counts for you. I refuse to test unless AF is late; I ttc for for three years with DD, and couldn't deal with wasting HPTs.

Hey ready4number1 I was following your thread on the ttc forum and wondering how it goes for you. I wish I had something more positive to say but with my 3 chemicals and ectopic I didn't get a proper positive (non squinter turn your head sideways) on any test until after AF was due. This pregnancy I got a solid bfp at 10 dpo and for me personally took hat as a positive sign about this pregnancy. I am a poas a-holic and start at 6 dpo every cycle (ttc for several years). I am a meticulous charter of temps and signs each month and so was very confident about my dpo's whatnot. My luteal phase started at 8 days when I began charting and by this summer I had lengthened it to 14 days with some supplements and creams.

I read about a lot of women who say they got a bfp after af was due and I always looked for women who knew their dpo for certain and how many days their luteal phase is. Most women don't chart and scrutinize their cycles and so it's very understandable that they weren't 100% positive on dpo and luteal phase length. A woman who gets her bfp after AF is due but has a 10 day luteal phase is different than a woman with a 14 day luteal phase in the same boat as I'm sure you've been thinking too. I'm sure there are a lot of women who have had successful pregnancies with a late bfp but I wasn't one of them. Good luck and I hope you get your bfp this cycle. Are you going to a doctor soon if AF doesn't make a full appearance?

Hi! Thank you so much for replying! Things are okay so far. AF still has not shown. I am seeing an acupuncturist and will begin charting this month as well. Yes, it is always hard gathering statistics because women's cycles are always so different. To answer your question, no I will not be going to see a Dr. if AF does not show because I have completely lost faith in them. With PCOS, every doctor I have encountered knows little to nothing about the disorder. I have gotten as far as I have gotten on my own, through my own research, as sad as that sounds. That is the exact reason I have switched to "alternative medicine." I love it!

I am a bit concerned about my LP because I began spotting on 9dpo this cycle and it was all natural without any herbs. I was not sure if it was IB or what lol. I am at peace that this may not be my month, and I know with each passing cycle I am getting closer to a successful pregnancy.

Most importantly congratulations to you! It is amazing that you have come this far and got a BFP so early. I am so happy for you! I wish you nothing but the best this pregnancy. I know it must be amazing.

I am looking forward to my time :winkwink: it will be soon! Enjoy lady!!

I will be watching and hoping for you gal! Thanks for the congrats btw....I still wake up everyday and have to pinch myself. Last night I had a dream I had breakthrough bleeding and then realized it was a dream and woke up so relieved.

I am confident you will get your bfp since you are so tuned in to what your body is doing. I know some gals say they stopped trying so hard and fell pregnant and I wish that was always the case. Some of us gals have legitimate fertility issues that require attention and extra effort to get that bfp. Sounds like you are doing everything you can and if you find you do have a short luteal phase there are things that work to lengthen it. Let us know what happens chica!

3 days late with my twins had the faintest line in the world,

I started testing just a lil over a week before AF due...all BFN!! then as well took one on AF due date as well as the next 3 days...Still a BFN!! I gave up, told my husband this is too much stress doin all this and stoped just figured not prego...well last day of testing was on a wed morning..woke up on the sunday morning and said well what the hell let ry its been a few days..and Bam I got my first faint BFP..let me mind you all the others that I took during the last 2 weeks I thought I saw a line and so did a friend lol...we wil went to work and later came home for lunch and took another..and another BFP!! I was so excited to finally se a line and hubby too lol..well waited a few more days and took a digital and it as well confirmed it..went in to WIC and theirs said BFN after I had 5 BFP!! so the tests make a huge difference, I had 3 different brands. I was at 21DPO when I got them..wish you luck..

Wow! I guess you really are never out until AF! That is a great story. Thank you! Yea, thinking you see a line is the worst! I didn't test today, but I will probably test tomorrow and hope for the best.

I will be watching and hoping for you gal! Thanks for the congrats btw....I still wake up everyday and have to pinch myself. Last night I had a dream I had breakthrough bleeding and then realized it was a dream and woke up so relieved.

I am confident you will get your bfp since you are so tuned in to what your body is doing. I know some gals say they stopped trying so hard and fell pregnant and I wish that was always the case. Some of us gals have legitimate fertility issues that require attention and extra effort to get that bfp. Sounds like you are doing everything you can and if you find you do have a short luteal phase there are things that work to lengthen it. Let us know what happens chica![/QUOTE]

Thanks again, I sure will keep you guys posted!

I was due for AF on 10/15. I generally have extremely regular cycles, and on 10/17, I tested and got a BFN. DH and I only DTD once in six weeks (5 days before AF was due), so I didn't think there was a snowballs chance in hell that I was pregnant. I had lost 35 pounds in nine weeks, and apparently it screwed up my cycle, including when O fell. Tested again on 10/26; BFP.
Don't know if my situation counts for you. I refuse to test unless AF is late; I ttc for for three years with DD, and couldn't deal with wasting HPTs.

Hello! Thanks for responding, I understand about wasting HPT's it definitely feels that way when you keep getting BFN's. Thanks for sharing :)

I did had bfn's up to 11dpo and then I stopped testing because I thought it was useless. At 15dpo I tested again as I was late and got a faint bfp.

With my second pregnancy, I knew I was pregnant but even a FRER Digital came up negative 2-3 after AF was due. Didn't get a postive until 5 days after Af was due with a regular FRER.

With my second pregnancy, I knew I was pregnant but even a FRER Digital came up negative 2-3 after AF was due. Didn't get a postive until 5 days after Af was due with a regular FRER.

Is the FRER digital more sensitive than the regular? I always thought they required a higher HCG level.

Hi ladies, just wanted to update. I took another FRER today and it came up stark white. No hint of a line. I feel it was another chemical because even my symptoms are fading.

I am not surprised. But, at least it is good to know that FRER normally do not have indents and that my indents were more than likely the beginning of a positive.

So, I will be moving on as soon as I get AF. Hopefully I will be joining you ladies next month! Thanks for all your positivity and stories. :hugs:

Love your post! I'll certainly be creeping this post to see what everyone says!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->