Onto Next Round of Clomid - CD1

Well today's the day to start the clomid again. :) I have to pick mine up today. I take it at night usually around dinner time so I'll pick it up on my home from work. Allison, since you have such bad side effects, do you take it before bed? Or do you basically have the side effects all day long anyway, to where it wouldn't matter what time?

Even though I didn't think I had any side effects, I recalled a couple things last night that MAY have been from the med, but at the time, I didn't think much of it. First off, I couldn't seem to keep my face clear for the life of me for a good 2 weeks. Each day, I seemed to have a new pimple. I never even had breakouts like that when I was young, so I'm not sure why it didn't cross my mind that the med could be causing it (guess I thought I was just extra stressed). I'll see if that happens again this time. The other thing was on the night of the very last pill...I took it a few hrs later than on the other days, and when I went to bed, I felt hot and extremely irritable, and could NOT fall asleep. I didn't attribute it to the med because I tend to be a moody person anyway, but when I think back on it now, it was pretty extreme and with no other cause, plus combined w/ feeling hot and not sleeping... I had kinda forgotten about that because it went away the very next day! Are these similar to anything you experienced?

Anyway, I'm just glad to get started again this cycle. It's funny how each time I pop one of those pills, I silently beg it to please work! Lol.

I take them in the evening as well. And I too, have to go pick them up on my way home from work! Haha.
I still had side effects regardless of when I've taken them, it's just easier for me to remember to take them at night. My face was awful too. And all the pimples I got were in the worst places- in my eyebrow, the crease of my nose, and the very edge of my lip. Ugghhh!!! And the hot flashes are terrible. I feel like I'm going through menopause already! I think those were the worst of the symptoms though. I had cramping randomly throughout the cycle, but never anything that was unbearable. Side effects are never fun, but I'll gladly go through them if it'll get me my BFP!! I chant to myself everytime I swallow those pills. And when I go to bed, and throughout the day. I think about it constantly. It's awful. Lol.

Hi ERosePW and everyone else! I hopped on over from the other thread. While I am not on clomid, I hope I can still be part of your group!

CD7 - usual 24-26 day cycle TTC#1

I would like to hear more about clomid because I will be requesting it soon if all else fails. ERosePW I hope for no side effects for you starting your new cycle with clomid.

We still have a few weeks to go but I am excited for the end of the month - really hoping we see lots of BFP's!

Welcome!
How long have you been TTC? We had been trying for about a year before I started the Clomid. It definitely has it's side effects as you've read, but we gotta do what we gotta do, right?
The waiting is the worst part, but good luck to you! Hopefully you won't need the Clomid!

OMG, how crazy, I had pimples in the oddest places too, so maybe it was from the clomid indeed! Same... eyebrow, corner of my nose, edge of lip! I'm not kidding, LOL! I even had little tiny ones on my temples, which I dont recall ever getting in the past. I did still have some in regular places too, like forehead or cheek, but I def got a few in strange places. We'll see if it happens again. That was truly annoying, but like you said, anything for a BFP.

I've been thinking about it constantly too, ugh. I know i need to focus on other things and let nature (and Clomid, hehe!) take its course. It's just hard sometimes after a year of trying. Funny that we're both picking ours up on the way home from work tonight! LOL

Welcome!
How long have you been TTC? We had been trying for about a year before I started the Clomid. It definitely has it's side effects as you've read, but we gotta do what we gotta do, right?
The waiting is the worst part, but good luck to you! Hopefully you won't need the Clomid!

Hi allison!
This is our 8th cycle TTC#1
My DH travels for work...unfortunately the past few months he has been out of town for some of the possible "ovulation" days. Not sure if that is why I haven't had a BFP yet...or if there is something medically wrong with one of us. He had hernia surgery 3 years ago and it was pretty bad...doc told him it might effect his fertility. I know a lot of couples take a year - but with our ages (30+) it worries me.

I usually have around a 24-26 day cycle...with a 30+ day one every so often. Looking at testing around 11/23...hubby's birthday!

How long have you been on clomid? Any idea when you will test?

So glad to have some buddies to get me through the month! Thanks girls!

Oh hello savvysaver!! Somehow I missed this post! Glad to see you hopped over, I was hoping you would! :) I'm on cd5 today, so we're close together also.

Clomid is supposed to be a miracle worker for a lot of women, so I'm hoping for the best for me too! If you dont O, it will help you to O. If you just O too early or too late (in my case, too early), it helps to regulate you a little better. Some docs even put women on it in hopes of just producing more/better quality eggs. After all, if you have three eggs instead of one, that's three times more chances of getting prego. :) There's another out there called Femara that we've debated on trying if the Clomid doesnt work. I had a girlfriend try Clomid for 3 months unsuccessfully, and then Femara, which worked on her first cycle. So I think I'm giving the Clomid three months also, and then moving on to Femara. We'll see!

Fingers crossed for all of us!! I really hope we see some BFPs this month!! :) :)

OMG, how crazy, I had pimples in the oddest places too, so maybe it was from the clomid indeed! Same... eyebrow, corner of my nose, edge of lip! I'm not kidding, LOL! I even had little tiny ones on my temples, which I dont recall ever getting in the past. I did still have some in regular places too, like forehead or cheek, but I def got a few in strange places. We'll see if it happens again. That was truly annoying, but like you said, anything for a BFP.

I've been thinking about it constantly too, ugh. I know i need to focus on other things and let nature (and Clomid, hehe!) take its course. It's just hard sometimes after a year of trying. Funny that we're both picking ours up on the way home from work tonight! LOL

Haha I know!! We really are on the EXACT same schedule! What time are you going to take yours? I'll take mine at the same time! Lol
But yeah it's definitely hard not to think about it when it's been so long. I got pretty upset a few weeks ago when the dr told me to quit the progesterone and I knew AF was coming. My husband hated seeing me like that and suggested we take a break so that I don't have to feel like that every month. I was like omg, that would just make it worse! I already have to see everyone on Facebook getting pregnant when I can't! I have to keep trying until it happens!! Otherwise I'm just going to keep thinking about it constantly!

Welcome!

Hi allison!
This is our 8th cycle TTC#1
My DH travels for work...unfortunately the past few months he has been out of town for some of the possible "ovulation" days. Not sure if that is why I haven't had a BFP yet...or if there is something medically wrong with one of us. He had hernia surgery 3 years ago and it was pretty bad...doc told him it might effect his fertility. I know a lot of couples take a year - but with our ages (30+) it worries me.

I usually have around a 24-26 day cycle...with a 30+ day one every so often. Looking at testing around 11/23...hubby's birthday!

How long have you been on clomid? Any idea when you will test?

So glad to have some buddies to get me through the month! Thanks girls!

That sucks that he ends up out of town sometimes! Id be so annoyed! Lol
I would definitely get him checked if it doesn't happen soon though, just since they said it could affect his fertility. There's all kinds of supplements that can help. My dr mentioned that vitamin c and L-Carnitine help with the swimmers regardless of any problems or not, so you could have him start taking those.
I've been on Clomid 3 cycles now, and 2 of those cycles now with the trigger shot. I'll probably try to wait the full 14 dpo this time to test. I tested too early last cycle and got a false positive bc of the trigger, so that was upsetting. I'm going to have patience this time... Hopefully. Hahaha.

Haha, too funny! I was taking mine right after dinner last month, so it was usually anywhere from 6:30-7:30 (I live in FL, so that's EST). That schedule seemed to work for me, so I guess I'll stick with that. I have no idea if any certain times are better than others. I've seen some women who get headaches on it make a point of taking it at bedtime, but if your sife effects are more just daily hormonal things, I can't see how that would help.

And yes, I know the feeling about DHs not wanting to see us upset... mine thinks that I'm putting too much into it and trying too hard, so he suggested that I stop with the temping and the OPKs, and just let it happen naturally. I was like, ok, do you realize it's been almost a year? I sware, I think he completely loses track of the time (he's four years younger than me too!) We tried naturally for ten months and it didnt happen, so.... I'm gonna back off a little on obsessing over my chart and taking so many HPTs at the end of my cycle, but I'm not quitting the Clomid. I promised him I would stop thinking about it so much... He just hates seeing me get sad. And I have also told myself that when I start to obsess or read too much on the internet or whatever, I'm going to try and redirect my mind somewhere else. But that's easier said than done... probably right after ovulation, I'll feel my boobs start hurting or feel a little nauseated, and once again, I'll start obsessing again. LOL ;)

Oh, and savvysaver, I'm sorry to hear your DH is out of town so much during possible ovulation! That has to be frustrating. As if it isn't hard enough for us already as it is!

Last month (my 1st cycle on clomid), I hadn't yet looked at a calendar to see what day I would probably O. Well, my DH had a trip planned to GA, so I started to think about it, and when I looked at the calendar, I realized that if I O'd on cd 14 like my doc was expecting, then my DH would JUST be getting back in town the very day I O'd. I was SO upset! My very 1st cycle on the med. :( We were going to miss all those days leading up to O, and then who knew whether or not the egg would even still be hanging around by the time he got home that day. We BD on that Wednesday night (he was leaving at 4am the next morning), but that was four days before my O. He got home around 4pm that Sunday and we BD right when he got home. I confirmed O with OPK and charting, so I know I O'd that day. I wonder now if we just completely missed it, as we definitely minimized our chances of conceiving because of that. It could very well be why I got a BFN last cycle, who knows! I know how frustrating that was for me, so I can only imagine if that was a frequent thing. :( But look at it from the bright side... if that is the reason you haven't gotten a bfp yet, its better than having something wrong with either of you, and it means that when you do hit those O days, then you have a GREAT chance of conceiving during those cycles, so keep your chin up!

Hi ladies,

May I join. ttc #1. no meds just temping and cbfm. cd 6.

Hi ladies,

Hey FutureBabyG! Great to see you! Of course you can join, I'm happy you popped over! :) We're all pretty much right on the same schedule, but beaglemom is about halfway through her cycle so we're keeping up w/ her too, and hoping for some good news for everyone. Thanks for joining us!!! :happydance:

I should be about 3 dpo...the days are just creeping by. With this ovulating early it has me paranoid. I hope we put enough effort in. I also have no idea when to expect my period. Before clomid it was about 28-29 days. First cycle was 32 days. But I know you should get it about 14 days after ovulating which would have me at my shortest cycle ever of about 25 days. Very nervous. I also did not have the intense O like last month...but maybe my body has adjusted to the clomid...or I slept through the egg drop.

I should be about 3 dpo...the days are just creeping by. With this ovulating early it has me paranoid. I hope we put enough effort in. I also have no idea when to expect my period. Before clomid it was about 28-29 days. First cycle was 32 days. But I know you should get it about 14 days after ovulating which would have me at my shortest cycle ever of about 25 days. Very nervous. I also did not have the intense O like last month...but maybe my body has adjusted to the clomid...or I slept through the egg drop.

My cycles range from 27-30 days or so. But when I took the clomid last month, it was 31 days. I didn't get AF until 17 days after I O'd (got my hopes up big time when AF didn't arrive after 14 days). :( That's the longest I've ever had, or at least the longest ever since I started tracking. I totally understand what you mean by the days creeping by! :wacko:

I don't think I ever feel O. If I do, it must be really subtle, because I can rarely pinpoint it. I've felt very mild cramping right around O, so maybe that's been it before, but I'm not sure.

Hi ladies,

Hey FutureBabyG! Great to see you! Of course you can join, I'm happy you popped over! :) We're all pretty much right on the same schedule, but beaglemom is about halfway through her cycle so we're keeping up w/ her too, and hoping for some good news for everyone. Thanks for joining us!!! :happydance:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I think I will be the last one to tests bc my cycles are 34 days. Oh well you ladies can start the month off with some bfp!

Hi ladies,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I think I will be the last one to tests bc my cycles are 34 days. Oh well you ladies can start the month off with some bfp!

Do you know what cd you normally O on? Does it typically vary each cycle?

Hi ladies,

Do you know what cd you normally O on? Does it typically vary each cycle?

Last month it was cd 19. . . i have a long ways to go. glad. i have a lot going on this week to keep me busy to pass the time. How about you what day do you usually ovulate?

Welcome FutureBabyG! I have pretty long cycles, so I may be one of the late testers with you. Even with the clomid it's stayed pretty long. I swear, our bodies love to drive us crazy sometimes! Lol. How long have you been TTC?

ERosePW- I got so confused last night! I got off work later than usual so I was already running late to pick up my pills and just off my routine. So I get home thinking it's 8:30. 9:00 rolls around so I take my pills. Only a few hours later did I realize that I hadn't changed the clock in the living room so I took my pills at 8 instead of 9 like I always do. Oops. Lol. It must've been the universe trying to keep us as close as possible in schedule! And about the husbands, yeah they just don't get it sometimes. I guess they just don't realize that some women need help getting pregnant. It's like everyone around us pops out babies left and right so actually not being able to get pregnant w/o help is so foreign to them. They think that you have sex enough, we'll get pregnant. It's like umm, no, sorry I'm defective. Lol. My husband still doesn't get it, but said he ultimately supports me in whatever choice I make so it's nice to have him onboard at least in that sense.

And I don't know who was talking about when everyone Os, but before Clomid I didn't O until about CD21. With the Clomid, it's putting me at about 17 days. Like someone said though, I haven't really been able to pinpoint exactly when I O sometimes which is why I've opted for the trigger shot these last 2 times. I just can't get into the temping and charting. I can do the OPKs, but that's about all I do.

FutureBabyG, with the Clomid last month, I O'd on cd14, so I suspect it will be the same this month. I'll start using my CB OPK on cd12 (I have to wait 3 days after last Clomid pill). Last cycle, I got my positive OPK on cd13, and had a temp spike on cd 15, which confirmed cd14 was probably it! It could end up being different this cycle, so I'm only guessing, but I suppose I'll find out soon. :)

Welcome FutureBabyG! I have pretty long cycles, so I may be one of the late testers with you. Even with the clomid it's stayed pretty long. I swear, our bodies love to drive us crazy sometimes! Lol. How long have you been TTC?

ERosePW- I got so confused last night! I got off work later than usual so I was already running late to pick up my pills and just off my routine. So I get home thinking it's 8:30. 9:00 rolls around so I take my pills. Only a few hours later did I realize that I hadn't changed the clock in the living room so I took my pills at 8 instead of 9 like I always do. Oops. Lol. It must've been the universe trying to keep us as close as possible in schedule! And about the husbands, yeah they just don't get it sometimes. I guess they just don't realize that some women need help getting pregnant. It's like everyone around us pops out babies left and right so actually not being able to get pregnant w/o help is so foreign to them. They think that you have sex enough, we'll get pregnant. It's like umm, no, sorry I'm defective. Lol. My husband still doesn't get it, but said he ultimately supports me in whatever choice I make so it's nice to have him onboard at least in that sense.

And I don't know who was talking about when everyone Os, but before Clomid I didn't O until about CD21. With the Clomid, it's putting me at about 17 days. Like someone said though, I haven't really been able to pinpoint exactly when I O sometimes which is why I've opted for the trigger shot these last 2 times. I just can't get into the temping and charting. I can do the OPKs, but that's about all I do.

allisonmh, I am rolling laughing over that! I was running late after work also, haha! By the time I got home from the pharmacy, it must've been around 7pm, so I probably ended up taking my pill around 7:30 or so. I got confused about the time as well, because our kitchen clock hasn't been changed yet. I was waiting for Monday Night Football to start, haha, and I thought it was coming on any minute. So I popped my pill, grabbed dinner my DH had cooked, and ran into the living room only to realize it was only 7:30. Hehe.

How are you feeling today? Do your side effects usually kick in right away, or does it take a couple days? I'm feeling quite good actually. I think just starting the meds in general just gives me some peace. Weird, I know!

FutureBabyG, with the Clomid last month, I O'd on cd14, so I suspect it will be the same this month. I'll start using my CB OPK on cd12 (I have to wait 3 days after last Clomid pill). Last cycle, I got my positive OPK on cd13, and had a temp spike on cd 15, which confirmed cd14 was probably it! It could end up being different this cycle, so I'm only guessing, but I suppose I'll find out soon. :)

Allison
dh and i were ntnp from June- August if i remember right. Then i friends opk. Sept. and found them to be really expensive but knew it would be a while for us trying to conceive and knew my md would want something showing were were tracking ovulation and timing. That's when we bought the cbfm bc in the long run it would be cheaper and more accurate. Since. i work nights temping isn't always an option. Just found out January 1st i will be going to days so that maybe helpful and assist with the baby making.

Everyone probably already said this but what day is everyone testing? Before or after af?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->