Onto Next Round of Clomid - CD1

ERosePW

Reaction score
Just got AF today, so I'll be starting my 2nd round of Clomid on Monday (cd5-9). Buddies anyone? :flower:

Hello again! I was just looking for the other thread you were on to update you! And it looks like we're on the EXACT same cycle! AF gave me a great Halloween yesterday and I'll be starting clomid again on Monday as well! What a coincidence!

Hello again! I was just looking for the other thread you were on to update you! And it looks like we're on the EXACT same cycle! AF gave me a great Halloween yesterday and I'll be starting clomid again on Monday as well! What a coincidence!

Omg, yay! I'm so excited that it worked out like this!! What a coincidence!! Woohoo! :) :)

Ok well, let's definitely keep each other updated! You said you had bad side effects from the clomid, right? If so, keep me posted on how it goes this time. I'm on that low dose 25mgs and didn't really have any side effects (at least not that I know for sure I can attribute to the med), so I'll let you know if it's any different for me this cycle.

On average, how many days was your cycle on the clomid? Mine was 31 days last month, so I'm thinking it was because of the clomid and if it will be the same this cycle too. I guess we'll see!

Oh, I'm sooo praying that we both get BFPs soon!!

Baby dust, girl!!!!! :dust:

I am halfway through cycle #2. I did not feel O like I did last month. I am using clearblue so it shows I O'd but way early. A little nervous about this round. Good luck.

Omg, yay! I'm so excited that it worked out like this!! What a coincidence!! Woohoo! :) :)

Ok well, let's definitely keep each other updated! You said you had bad side effects from the clomid, right? If so, keep me posted on how it goes this time. I'm on that low dose 25mgs and didn't really have any side effects (at least not that I know for sure I can attribute to the med), so I'll let you know if it's any different for me this cycle.

On average, how many days was your cycle on the clomid? Mine was 31 days last month, so I'm thinking it was because of the clomid and if it will be the same this cycle too. I guess we'll see!

I had a lot of side effects from it, but I'm on 150mg, so hopefully with the low dose you should be ok.
My first clomid cycle, I had a 32 day cycle I believe. This past time I went up to 40 days bc I was taking the progesterone which delays AF, so it took a few days after stopping that for it to come. Clomid alone though shouldn't affect it too much.
Are you using OPKs this time or anything to see when you O?

I am halfway through cycle #2. I did not feel O like I did last month. I am using clearblue so it shows I O'd but way early. A little nervous about this round. Good luck.

OPKs drive me nuts. Especially those lines. With a pregnancy test, it's pretty decipherable, 2 lines whatsoever, pregnant. OPKs are too much analyzing for me. Are these lines the same or is one still lighter? I hate that! The digital ones are ok I guess, I just wonder if it's really accurate. Lol. Did you at least BD when it said you Oed just in case? Lol

Hi beaglemom! Are you using the CB Advanced Test that gives you the flashing smiley first (basically shows high fertility and then peak fertility), or are you using the one that just gives the solid smiley (just shows peak fertility). Which cycle day did you start getting smileys? I will say that before I started Clomid, I was getting that solid smiley pretty early too, and I determined I was O'ing the day after I got the solid smiley (confirmed by charting bbt), which was around cd10. The Clomid pushed my O out to cd14.

-- see edit below--

Hi again! I had to come in and edit my post, as I just read your comments on another thread... So in your last cycle (1st cycle on clomid), you O'd on cd15, so I'm thinking maybe this cycle you used the opk too quickly since you're taking clomid. I was told that clomid can give false positives on an opk if it's used right after the pills are taken, so they say to wait at least 3 days after your last pill. Like me, you're taking it cd5-9, so I'd wait to use the opk until cd12 at least. Did you try it again a few days later to see if you got a smiley again? If not, I'd just keep BDing if I were you, lol! What day are you on now?

I had a lot of side effects from it, but I'm on 150mg, so hopefully with the low dose you should be ok.
My first clomid cycle, I had a 32 day cycle I believe. This past time I went up to 40 days bc I was taking the progesterone which delays AF, so it took a few days after stopping that for it to come. Clomid alone though shouldn't affect it too much.
Are you using OPKs this time or anything to see when you O?

Hi allisonmh! Yep, I'm still using the OPK, but I'm told that sometimes the clomid can affect the results, so he said to wait three days after taking the last pill. Since I take it on days 5-9, I can start using the opk on cd12. In my last cycle, I got the smiley on cd13, and O'd on cd14 (temperature did go up the next day too, so I was happy to see it was accurate).

I totally agree that the non-digital tests are SO frustrating. I used that kind several months ago, and found it confusing trying to determine when that other line was darker. But I do like the digital one a lot. And the temping just helps me confirm that the test was accurate. I didn't want to temp at first...thought it would be a real pain! But that Fertility Friend app on my phone makes it pretty simple, so I don't mind the extra step just to know what's going on w/ my body.

Oh that's right, I now remember you saying you were taking the prog and had to stop in order to get AF. I know that must've been frustrating missing AF but getting BFNs. As if it isn't emotional enough for us as it is! So, will you be taking the progesterone for every cycle now? Did they confirm you had low prog in a blood test? I haven't been tested by my doc for that, so I wonder if that is something I should request, just to be sure. :wacko:

I can't remember to temp for the life of me. I wake up so randomly sometimes that I wouldn't even know when to do it. The first or the second time I wake up? Lol.
I don't really remember them telling me that my progesterone was low. They did bloodwork a few months ago, so it's hard to remember. But I have PCOS and I've heard that most women with PCOS have low prog, so maybe they're just assuming. It also helps keep your lining thick to help with implantation, so maybe it's just a precaution.
With the Clomid I didn't get my smiley on the OPK until day 16 or so, and since I'm doing the trigger shot again, it doesn't really seem necessary to use OPKs. I'm glad it takes all that confusion out of the picture. Lol.
I wish it was Monday already. I'm ready to get this show on the road!!

I can't remember to temp for the life of me. I wake up so randomly sometimes that I wouldn't even know when to do it. The first or the second time I wake up? Lol.
I don't really remember them telling me that my progesterone was low. They did bloodwork a few months ago, so it's hard to remember. But I have PCOS and I've heard that most women with PCOS have low prog, so maybe they're just assuming. It also helps keep your lining thick to help with implantation, so maybe it's just a precaution.
With the Clomid I didn't get my smiley on the OPK until day 16 or so, and since I'm doing the trigger shot again, it doesn't really seem necessary to use OPKs. I'm glad it takes all that confusion out of the picture. Lol.

Ah yes, with the trigger shot, I don't think it's at all necessary to use OPKs! So I don't blame you for not wanting to mess with it, lol! Yea, I wake up at random times throughout the night too, and I always take my temp on the last waking, and sometimes I even get out of bed to temp so that the beep on the thermometer doesn't wake DH, lol! I know I'm not supposed to do that with temping, so my temps could be slightly off at times, but I guess it's less about the actual numbers and more about the pattern and seeing that spike. But for you, the trigger shot is a sure thing anyway, right? You pretty much know you'll O no matter what after that, so no need to go through the OPKs and temping. And since you're taking prog too, that would make your temp go up anyway, so I think you're good to go! Hehe! :happydance:

I am also wishing it was already Monday!!! After AF, I'm always just ready to get on with it, lol! My AF was short this time...barely two days. I started on Halloween (like you!), and yesterday seemed to be last of it, as I don't seem to have anything today at all. That's the shortest AF I've had in over a year, so I hope that's not a bad sign. :wacko: But I'm ready for Monday to get here and get this party started, lol!!!

I actually use the fertility monitor. It tells you when to test. It measures hormone levels. Two bars is high and 3 bars is peak. Cd 10 & 11 were peaks now I am at high. The clomid is not supposed to affect the monitor. I plan to have sex every other day until I am back to one bar. I cannot temp bc of sleep schedule and getting up sometimes to let out the dogs.

I actually use the fertility monitor. It tells you when to test. It measures hormone levels. Two bars is high and 3 bars is peak. Cd 10 & 11 were peaks now I am at high. The clomid is not supposed to affect the monitor. I plan to have sex every other day until I am back to one bar. I cannot temp bc of sleep schedule and getting up sometimes to let out the dogs.

Oh ok! I've seen that, but never used it. I'm glad to hear the clomid doesn't affect that monitor. I wanted that one, but it's pricey; however, now that I've been trying so long, the investment would've been worth it, as I've probably already spent almost $150 on the CB OPKs (and they don't sell the sticks separate). I have enough sticks for 2 more cycles, but if I don't get a bfp soon, I'll have to buy another kit, so that's another $40 or so. The things we do! :)

But here's to hoping for BFPs for all of us this cycle. :flower:

Keep us posted on how it goes! Baby dust!!!
:dust:

Oh ok! I've seen that, but never used it. I'm glad to hear the clomid doesn't affect that monitor. I wanted that one, but it's pricey; however, now that I've been trying so long, the investment would've been worth it, as I've probably already spent almost $150 on the CB OPKs (and they don't sell the sticks separate). I have enough sticks for 2 more cycles, but if I don't get a bfp soon, I'll have to buy another kit, so that's another $40 or so. The things we do! :)

You should def look in to the monitor...so easy to use. The test strips are about $40 for 30 strips which should last 3 months. And I got my monitor on amazon used for I think $100. Try amazon, ebay, or craigslist. I think walmart.com has a kit for about $200 that includes the monitor, a box of strips, & a pack of digital pregnancy tests. Not a bad price. And it is so much easier...it tells you when to test & it's just once a day fmu.

Ah yes, with the trigger shot, I don't think it's at all necessary to use OPKs! So I don't blame you for not wanting to mess with it, lol! Yea, I wake up at random times throughout the night too, and I always take my temp on the last waking, and sometimes I even get out of bed to temp so that the beep on the thermometer doesn't wake DH, lol! I know I'm not supposed to do that with temping, so my temps could be slightly off at times, but I guess it's less about the actual numbers and more about the pattern and seeing that spike. But for you, the trigger shot is a sure thing anyway, right? You pretty much know you'll O no matter what after that, so no need to go through the OPKs and temping. And since you're taking prog too, that would make your temp go up anyway, so I think you're good to go! Hehe! :happydance:

I am also wishing it was already Monday!!! After AF, I'm always just ready to get on with it, lol! My AF was short this time...barely two days. I started on Halloween (like you!), and yesterday seemed to be last of it, as I don't seem to have anything today at all. That's the shortest AF I've had in over a year, so I hope that's not a bad sign. :wacko: But I'm ready for Monday to get here and get this party started, lol!!!

I think it's pretty impossible to not O with the trigger, but omg does it cause a lot more side effects. It's pretty annoying. But I'd rather know for sure that I Oed than have to guess with those pesky strips. Lol. And yeah, as for the temping, they really need to make a silent thermometer already! I can't be looking like a freak taking my temp and beeping every morning! C'mon now!! Haha.
AF has been kinda weird for me too. It's still hanging on, but it's just close to nothing. I won't complain though! The stupid pharmacy was out of Clomiphene and the Ovidrel when I went to drop my prescription off so they had to order them. They're supposed to be there Monday, so I really hope there's no delays since I need them that day! It makes me so anxious on top of already being anxious to try again! Baby making makes us so crazy sometimes! Lol

You should def look in to the monitor...so easy to use. The test strips are about $40 for 30 strips which should last 3 months. And I got my monitor on amazon used for I think $100. Try amazon, ebay, or craigslist. I think walmart.com has a kit for about $200 that includes the monitor, a box of strips, & a pack of digital pregnancy tests. Not a bad price. And it is so much easier...it tells you when to test & it's just once a day fmu.

I've seen those too, but clearly never bought one. Lol. What exactly does it test for? Just a way fancier, more advanced OPK?

I think LH & estrogen...I think it is similar to the clearblue opks...

That's interesting. I'll have to look into those if I don't get my BFP this month! Do you still use it when you're taking Clomid?

That's interesting. I'll have to look into those if I don't get my BFP this month! Do you still use it when you're taking Clomid?

yes...the website says clomid does not effect it

Well today's the day to start the clomid again. :) I have to pick mine up today. I take it at night usually around dinner time so I'll pick it up on my home from work. Allison, since you have such bad side effects, do you take it before bed? Or do you basically have the side effects all day long anyway, to where it wouldn't matter what time?

Even though I didn't think I had any side effects, I recalled a couple things last night that MAY have been from the med, but at the time, I didn't think much of it. First off, I couldn't seem to keep my face clear for the life of me for a good 2 weeks. Each day, I seemed to have a new pimple. I never even had breakouts like that when I was young, so I'm not sure why it didn't cross my mind that the med could be causing it (guess I thought I was just extra stressed). I'll see if that happens again this time. The other thing was on the night of the very last pill...I took it a few hrs later than on the other days, and when I went to bed, I felt hot and extremely irritable, and could NOT fall asleep. I didn't attribute it to the med because I tend to be a moody person anyway, but when I think back on it now, it was pretty extreme and with no other cause, plus combined w/ feeling hot and not sleeping... I had kinda forgotten about that because it went away the very next day! Are these similar to anything you experienced?

Anyway, I'm just glad to get started again this cycle. It's funny how each time I pop one of those pills, I silently beg it to please work! Lol.

Hi ERosePW and everyone else! I hopped on over from the other thread. While I am not on clomid, I hope I can still be part of your group!

CD7 - usual 24-26 day cycle TTC#1

I would like to hear more about clomid because I will be requesting it soon if all else fails. ERosePW I hope for no side effects for you starting your new cycle with clomid.

We still have a few weeks to go but I am excited for the end of the month - really hoping we see lots of BFP's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->