Onto Next Round of Clomid - CD1

Ok ladies one last question for now. . . I use to experience ovulation pain really bad but i havent for over a year. can anyone tell me where they feel their pain, how long it lasts, and description of it? i do have some abdominal pain but i never believe its ovulation.

I just wanted to chime in. I'm new here. On CD 3 and in 2nd day of clomiphene. The is cycle #2 of trying iui for us!! Finger crossed for us all and baby dust to everyone!!

Welcome FutureBabyG! I have pretty long cycles, so I may be one of the late testers with you. Even with the clomid it's stayed pretty long. I swear, our bodies love to drive us crazy sometimes! Lol. How long have you been TTC?

ERosePW- I got so confused last night! I got off work later than usual so I was already running late to pick up my pills and just off my routine. So I get home thinking it's 8:30. 9:00 rolls around so I take my pills. Only a few hours later did I realize that I hadn't changed the clock in the living room so I took my pills at 8 instead of 9 like I always do. Oops. Lol. It must've been the universe trying to keep us as close as possible in schedule! And about the husbands, yeah they just don't get it sometimes. I guess they just don't realize that some women need help getting pregnant. It's like everyone around us pops out babies left and right so actually not being able to get pregnant w/o help is so foreign to them. They think that you have sex enough, we'll get pregnant. It's like umm, no, sorry I'm defective. Lol. My husband still doesn't get it, but said he ultimately supports me in whatever choice I make so it's nice to have him onboard at least in that sense.

And I don't know who was talking about when everyone Os, but before Clomid I didn't O until about CD21. With the Clomid, it's putting me at about 17 days. Like someone said though, I haven't really been able to pinpoint exactly when I O sometimes which is why I've opted for the trigger shot these last 2 times. I just can't get into the temping and charting. I can do the OPKs, but that's about all I do.

allisonmh, I am rolling laughing over that! I was running late after work also, haha! By the time I got home from the pharmacy, it must've been around 7pm, so I probably ended up taking my pill around 7:30 or so. I got confused about the time as well, because our kitchen clock hasn't been changed yet. I was waiting for Monday Night Football to start, haha, and I thought it was coming on any minute. So I popped my pill, grabbed dinner my DH had cooked, and ran into the living room only to realize it was only 7:30. Hehe.

How are you feeling today? Do your side effects usually kick in right away, or does it take a couple days? I'm feeling quite good actually. I think just starting the meds in general just gives me some peace. Weird, I know!

It normally takes a few days for my side effects to kick in. I feel ok today, just dreading going to work. Ugh. Taking the pills kind of make me relax a little too. It's just reassuring knowing that we're doing something and being proactive. Even sometimes when I start feeling the side effects, I'm like ohh good, it's really working! Lol
Maybe we should change our clocks? Lol, I hope we don't get confused again tonight!

FutureBabyG, with the Clomid last month, I O'd on cd14, so I suspect it will be the same this month. I'll start using my CB OPK on cd12 (I have to wait 3 days after last Clomid pill). Last cycle, I got my positive OPK on cd13, and had a temp spike on cd 15, which confirmed cd14 was probably it! It could end up being different this cycle, so I'm only guessing, but I suppose I'll find out soon. :)

Allison
dh and i were ntnp from June- August if i remember right. Then i friends opk. Sept. and found them to be really expensive but knew it would be a while for us trying to conceive and knew my md would want something showing were were tracking ovulation and timing. That's when we bought the cbfm bc in the long run it would be cheaper and more accurate. Since. i work nights temping isn't always an option. Just found out January 1st i will be going to days so that maybe helpful and assist with the baby making.

Everyone probably already said this but what day is everyone testing? Before or after af?

Same here. We were NTNP for about a year after I got off birth control and it didn't happen. I was really weary of going to the dr bc it just felt like such a big step, but I'm so glad I did now. It's nice knowing you're on the right track.
That's awesome that you can start working days! I can imagine working nights are no fun.
I think I'm going to try and wait til 14dpo to test this cycle. I tested too early last month and got a false positive so I'll wait this time around.
As for O pains, I'm probably not much help. My cramps are always so random. Sometimes I don't even have any at all. My dr did tell me that she suspects I don't O on my own every month so maybe that's why I only have them sometimes? Our bodies are so wacko sometimes. Ugh! Lol

I just wanted to chime in. I'm new here. On CD 3 and in 2nd day of clomiphene. The is cycle #2 of trying iui for us!! Finger crossed for us all and baby dust to everyone!!

Welcome! When are you taking clomid? CD 2-6? I'm on days 5-9, so today will be my second day on it as well. Are you taking a trigger shot with the IUI?
And how is IUI? I'm on my last round of Clomid before they want to move to IUI so I'm kinda scared a little. It just seems... So different than what I had anticipated getting pregnant to be, ya know?
Good luck this month though! I'm hoping for lots of BFPs!!!

Ok ladies one last question for now. . . I use to experience ovulation pain really bad but i havent for over a year. can anyone tell me where they feel their pain, how long it lasts, and description of it? i do have some abdominal pain but i never believe its ovulation.

Unfortunately, I dont think I ever feel O either. The only thing I can note is that there have been a couple times that I felt slightly crampy right around that time, and it only lasted less than an hour, so I did think to myself hmm...I wonder if that's from O. It was very mild, dull, AF-type cramps, but I can't be sure if it had anything to do with O or not really.

As for testing, I'm going to try and hold out until 14dpo. I drive myself nuts and go through a lot of HPTs if i start testing earlier, and I'm trying to be a little more laid back about it this cycle. However.... saying and doing are two different things! I know I will be tempted earlier, so we'll see if I can actually hold out. If I do manage to wait until 14dpo, then my test date will be Nov 27th.

Hi lousbear! Welcome to the thread, thanks for joining us!! :)

I'm also on second day of clomid (mine is cd5-9 like allisonmh). So today is cd6 for me. Keep us updated on how everything goes! Looking forward to some BFPs this month! :thumbup:

Oh hello savvysaver!! Somehow I missed this post! Glad to see you hopped over, I was hoping you would! :) I'm on cd5 today, so we're close together also.

Clomid is supposed to be a miracle worker for a lot of women, so I'm hoping for the best for me too! If you dont O, it will help you to O. If you just O too early or too late (in my case, too early), it helps to regulate you a little better. Some docs even put women on it in hopes of just producing more/better quality eggs. After all, if you have three eggs instead of one, that's three times more chances of getting prego. :) There's another out there called Femara that we've debated on trying if the Clomid doesnt work. I had a girlfriend try Clomid for 3 months unsuccessfully, and then Femara, which worked on her first cycle. So I think I'm giving the Clomid three months also, and then moving on to Femara. We'll see!

Fingers crossed for all of us!! I really hope we see some BFPs this month!! :) :)

Oh, and savvysaver, I'm sorry to hear your DH is out of town so much during possible ovulation! That has to be frustrating. As if it isn't hard enough for us already as it is!

Last month (my 1st cycle on clomid), I hadn't yet looked at a calendar to see what day I would probably O. Well, my DH had a trip planned to GA, so I started to think about it, and when I looked at the calendar, I realized that if I O'd on cd 14 like my doc was expecting, then my DH would JUST be getting back in town the very day I O'd. I was SO upset! My very 1st cycle on the med. :( We were going to miss all those days leading up to O, and then who knew whether or not the egg would even still be hanging around by the time he got home that day. We BD on that Wednesday night (he was leaving at 4am the next morning), but that was four days before my O. He got home around 4pm that Sunday and we BD right when he got home. I confirmed O with OPK and charting, so I know I O'd that day. I wonder now if we just completely missed it, as we definitely minimized our chances of conceiving because of that. It could very well be why I got a BFN last cycle, who knows! I know how frustrating that was for me, so I can only imagine if that was a frequent thing. :( But look at it from the bright side... if that is the reason you haven't gotten a bfp yet, its better than having something wrong with either of you, and it means that when you do hit those O days, then you have a GREAT chance of conceiving during those cycles, so keep your chin up!

Hi ERose!

Thanks for the info on Clomid - I am guessing I either don't O or O at a weird time. I took a cheapie ovulation test yesterday (CD7) and got two dark lines. I am not sure if it was by accident or maybe I O extra early. Anyways, DH was at work and of course we had a birthday dinner to attend but as soon as we got home my only plan was to DTD! Still planning on DTD every other day this cycle and I told DH my plan and he is on board! He will only be gone the 14-17th morning so hopefully that won't interfere.

I am sorry about your last cycle, but I know how you feel! My DH travels quite frequently for business in the summer - luckily he doesn't travel too much in the winter. So hopefully after this short trip he won't have to travel again until next summer...

Hoping you are feeling good after starting Clomid yesterday - is it just a couple of pills and then you O?

That sucks that he ends up out of town sometimes! Id be so annoyed! Lol
I would definitely get him checked if it doesn't happen soon though, just since they said it could affect his fertility. There's all kinds of supplements that can help. My dr mentioned that vitamin c and L-Carnitine help with the swimmers regardless of any problems or not, so you could have him start taking those.
I've been on Clomid 3 cycles now, and 2 of those cycles now with the trigger shot. I'll probably try to wait the full 14 dpo this time to test. I tested too early last cycle and got a false positive bc of the trigger, so that was upsetting. I'm going to have patience this time... Hopefully. Hahaha.

Thanks for the recommendation for vitamins. It might take some convincing for him to take them but definitely worth a shot!

I don't mind the him traveling because most of the time I can tag along...it just was a crazy summer and it was mostly last minute short trips! Of course probably during my fertile week. I was really sick in the summer too and took some heavy dose antibiotics (150+ pills in 14 days) so I figured even if we caught the egg that month it would have been impossible for a good outcome. Doing better now...though I suffer from IBS which is terrible.

Got my Fx'd for you - do you know when you ovulate when you take clomid?

I'm not exactly sure how to quote on my phone yet so I will just generally reply. Lol

My doc has my clomiphene on CD 2-6, opks on CD 10-12, I no positive opk then I go in for an hcg trigger shot.

The shot isn't bad. Rub your injection site after to help with the sore butt check the next day!! It did give me really sore ovaries for 2 days, but nothing I couldn't handle.

The iui is nothing to be worried about. A little cramping but that was to be expected.

And the fun suppositories for 2 weeks!! If you are prescribed them, wear a panty liner to bed as there is leakage.

Then the dressed TWW!! That was worse than any of the procedures!

Hi FutureBabyG, beaglemom and lousbear! Good to have some more buddies - looking forward to hearing more from everyone and see some BFP's later this month!! Fx'd and baby dust!

I'm not exactly sure how to quote on my phone yet so I will just generally reply. Lol

My doc has my clomiphene on CD 2-6, opks on CD 10-12, I no positive opk then I go in for an hcg trigger shot.

The shot isn't bad. Rub your injection site after to help with the sore butt check the next day!! It did give me really sore ovaries for 2 days, but nothing I couldn't handle.

The iui is nothing to be worried about. A little cramping but that was to be expected.

And the fun suppositories for 2 weeks!! If you are prescribed them, wear a panty liner to bed as there is leakage.

Then the dressed TWW!! That was worse than any of the procedures!

Oh ok, so I'm pretty much doing everything the same except for the IUI. And I give myself the shot, so I don't have to go back into the office. I do my shot in the stomach though. It wasn't bad at all. And I did the progesterone suppositories as well... Isn't that some awesome fun? Lol
I'm glad to hear the IUI isn't scary. I think if it doesn't happen this cycle, I'm going to try some herbal stuff for a while before I do IUI. More so just for cost purposes. I've already spent quite a bit on these past 2 cycles since my insurance doesn't cover it, so I think my credit cards will need a little break after this... Lol

That sucks that he ends up out of town sometimes! Id be so annoyed! Lol
I would definitely get him checked if it doesn't happen soon though, just since they said it could affect his fertility. There's all kinds of supplements that can help. My dr mentioned that vitamin c and L-Carnitine help with the swimmers regardless of any problems or not, so you could have him start taking those.
I've been on Clomid 3 cycles now, and 2 of those cycles now with the trigger shot. I'll probably try to wait the full 14 dpo this time to test. I tested too early last cycle and got a false positive bc of the trigger, so that was upsetting. I'm going to have patience this time... Hopefully. Hahaha.

Thanks for the recommendation for vitamins. It might take some convincing for him to take them but definitely worth a shot!

I don't mind the him traveling because most of the time I can tag along...it just was a crazy summer and it was mostly last minute short trips! Of course probably during my fertile week. I was really sick in the summer too and took some heavy dose antibiotics (150+ pills in 14 days) so I figured even if we caught the egg that month it would have been impossible for a good outcome. Doing better now...though I suffer from IBS which is terrible.

Got my Fx'd for you - do you know when you ovulate when you take clomid?

Haha, yeah my husband didn't want to take them either. They're so weird sometimes. Lol.
That's awful that you were sick all summer. That doesn't sound like any fun!!
Last month on Clomid I did the trigger shot on CD17 I believe, so I probably Oed the day after that. Or so I would assume...

Oh hello savvysaver!! Somehow I missed this post! Glad to see you hopped over, I was hoping you would! :) I'm on cd5 today, so we're close together also.

Clomid is supposed to be a miracle worker for a lot of women, so I'm hoping for the best for me too! If you dont O, it will help you to O. If you just O too early or too late (in my case, too early), it helps to regulate you a little better. Some docs even put women on it in hopes of just producing more/better quality eggs. After all, if you have three eggs instead of one, that's three times more chances of getting prego. :) There's another out there called Femara that we've debated on trying if the Clomid doesnt work. I had a girlfriend try Clomid for 3 months unsuccessfully, and then Femara, which worked on her first cycle. So I think I'm giving the Clomid three months also, and then moving on to Femara. We'll see!

Fingers crossed for all of us!! I really hope we see some BFPs this month!! :) :)

Oh, and savvysaver, I'm sorry to hear your DH is out of town so much during possible ovulation! That has to be frustrating. As if it isn't hard enough for us already as it is!

Last month (my 1st cycle on clomid), I hadn't yet looked at a calendar to see what day I would probably O. Well, my DH had a trip planned to GA, so I started to think about it, and when I looked at the calendar, I realized that if I O'd on cd 14 like my doc was expecting, then my DH would JUST be getting back in town the very day I O'd. I was SO upset! My very 1st cycle on the med. :( We were going to miss all those days leading up to O, and then who knew whether or not the egg would even still be hanging around by the time he got home that day. We BD on that Wednesday night (he was leaving at 4am the next morning), but that was four days before my O. He got home around 4pm that Sunday and we BD right when he got home. I confirmed O with OPK and charting, so I know I O'd that day. I wonder now if we just completely missed it, as we definitely minimized our chances of conceiving because of that. It could very well be why I got a BFN last cycle, who knows! I know how frustrating that was for me, so I can only imagine if that was a frequent thing. :( But look at it from the bright side... if that is the reason you haven't gotten a bfp yet, its better than having something wrong with either of you, and it means that when you do hit those O days, then you have a GREAT chance of conceiving during those cycles, so keep your chin up!

Hi ERose!

Thanks for the info on Clomid - I am guessing I either don't O or O at a weird time. I took a cheapie ovulation test yesterday (CD7) and got two dark lines. I am not sure if it was by accident or maybe I O extra early. Anyways, DH was at work and of course we had a birthday dinner to attend but as soon as we got home my only plan was to DTD! Still planning on DTD every other day this cycle and I told DH my plan and he is on board! He will only be gone the 14-17th morning so hopefully that won't interfere.

I am sorry about your last cycle, but I know how you feel! My DH travels quite frequently for business in the summer - luckily he doesn't travel too much in the winter. So hopefully after this short trip he won't have to travel again until next summer...

Hoping you are feeling good after starting Clomid yesterday - is it just a couple of pills and then you O?

Yep, its just five pills. The doc tells you exactly which days to take them. Mine are cd5-9, but some are 3-7 or 2-6 (like loubear in this thread). We take the pills for five days, and then you can O within 5-9 days after taking the last pill. Somehow my doc seemed confident that I would O on cd14 or so, and he turned out to be right for my last cycle, so we'll see how this cycle goes! :)

Ya know, I'm thinking you might be an early ovulater like I was... if you got two dark lines on your OPK on cd7, you could O a day or two later. Did you check to see if the test line got any darker today? I think you're doing everything in your power by DTD every other day anyway, so it doesn't matter too much, but if I were you, I'd still check and see which day the test line is the darkest, and then assume you O'ed sometime around the day after that or so. The only reason I bring this up is because early ovulation was the whole reason my doc put me on the Clomid. Plenty of girls get prego ovulating early, so it's not always an issue at all! But since I had been trying for 10 months, he just thought it was a possiblity that my eggs weren't maturing enough before being released OR the uterine lining wasn't given ample time to thicken before implantation. I think both of those things CAN be a problem for early ovulaters, although not always. Just something to consider. I seemed to be O'ing around cd10 before I got on the Clomid.

WOW! A LOT OF ACTIVITY! :)

So I skimmed most of this...sorry if anything I say is a duplicate. I saw something about vitamins for men. My husband just started fertility blend from GNC. He is confirmed low count.

I plan to test at 14 dpo. But for those who may not have been following, I O'd extremely early for me which I think was CD 11. I am going by my monitor, because unlike last month, I really didn't feel O as intense as my first clomid month. But as far as O signs & feeling it...I always have the cm & I feel a slight dull pain almost like AF but not quite the same. So before clomid I had about a 28 day cycle...1st clomid was 32...both were consistent with being 14-15 days after O. So I guess I will test around Nov 15th. But based on a normal cycle, AF is due Nov 19 & based on my last clomid cycle AF is due Nov 22. So I am kind of all over the place.

Good luck to everyone!

ok ladies silly question i am on cd 7. All day today i have had ewcm. is this normal? i didn't use an opk bc ops so so early and i haven't ever tracked cm so i don't know of this is normal or possible early ovulation? Thanks in advance.

ok ladies silly question i am on cd 7. All day today i have had ewcm. is this normal? i didn't use an opk bc ops so so early and i haven't ever tracked cm so i don't know of this is normal or possible early ovulation? Thanks in advance.

That sounds like my timing this month & I ended up O on CD 11. I would go ahead & start your opks to be sure...maybe get in a baby making session as well.

That sounds like my timing this month & I ended up O on CD 11. I would go ahead & start your opks to be sure...maybe get in a baby making session as well.

Thank you. We bd last night so this am i thought for sure it was left over but it hasn't gone away. We bd this afternoon but i can't imagine ovulating those early. there is no way the lining would be thick enough. i will have to test in the am. Thank you again.

Haha, yeah my husband didn't want to take them either. They're so weird sometimes. Lol.
That's awful that you were sick all summer. That doesn't sound like any fun!!
Last month on Clomid I did the trigger shot on CD17 I believe, so I probably Oed the day after that. Or so I would assume...

Typical for my husband...but I am sure I could convince him. Honestly though I would rather talk him into a test to make sure he is in working order (from his previous surgery)...it worries me.

I guess Santa is going to bring some vitamins instead of coal...lol!

Yep, its just five pills. The doc tells you exactly which days to take them. Mine are cd5-9, but some are 3-7 or 2-6 (like loubear in this thread). We take the pills for five days, and then you can O within 5-9 days after taking the last pill. Somehow my doc seemed confident that I would O on cd14 or so, and he turned out to be right for my last cycle, so we'll see how this cycle goes! :)

Ya know, I'm thinking you might be an early ovulater like I was... if you got two dark lines on your OPK on cd7, you could O a day or two later. Did you check to see if the test line got any darker today? I think you're doing everything in your power by DTD every other day anyway, so it doesn't matter too much, but if I were you, I'd still check and see which day the test line is the darkest, and then assume you O'ed sometime around the day after that or so. The only reason I bring this up is because early ovulation was the whole reason my doc put me on the Clomid. Plenty of girls get prego ovulating early, so it's not always an issue at all! But since I had been trying for 10 months, he just thought it was a possiblity that my eggs weren't maturing enough before being released OR the uterine lining wasn't given ample time to thicken before implantation. I think both of those things CAN be a problem for early ovulaters, although not always. Just something to consider. I seemed to be O'ing around cd10 before I got on the Clomid.

Thanks for all the help ERose! It is nice you are able to control O through medicine to push it back to a better time.

My cycles are usually short (24-26 days) but I have had a long one or two (30+ days) and right when I stopped BC I had super short (21-22 day cycles)...I don't temp or use opk's regularly though. Well until now. I started yesterday with the first opk with the two darkish lines - today the second line was lighter...so who knows! I am still going to DTD every other day and see what happens.

Totally makes sense about the mature eggs or the lining and I obviously want a healthy baby so I will do what it takes. I will continue to use the opk's daily and see what kind of lines I get. Thanks for your explanation!!

Day 2 of clomid for you? How are you feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->