Onto Next Round of Clomid - CD1

Savvy, this is such fantastic news!! I know you're not getting too excited until you can use a better test, but if you got that faint line on TWO different tests already, and since you're sooo late on AF, then I bet this is it for you. Wow, how exciting! :happydance:

When you buy your digital, i think you should also by a FRER, just in case. The digitals aren't as sensitive as the dye tests, and if you're just now registering on the cheapies, it may take a couple more days to register on the digital. So a FRER is a good idea, just in case.

If this is it for you (and I bet it is!), then you're our first BFP for this thread! I really do think a congrats is in order, but I know you're trying not to get too excited just yet, so I'll try and hold back. :winkwink: Btw, you are also sheer proof about what we've talked about a little bit...that some women just don't get BFPs until way after missed AF!

Awesome news! Definitely buy a FRER...I hear they are the best & the digitals are not as sensitive.

Thanks girls! I am trying not to get too excited until I get confirmation of a positive. The cramps are still like AF cramps so that worries me but hopefully I will know more in the next few days. If AF does show up it would put my possible O days while we are on our vacation - that would be fun too!

Thanks for the FRER suggestions - so I should probably buy the First Response Early Result tests with the lines?

Ugh sorry Allison. So when will you stop taking your prog? Do you wait a certain number of days? I mean, savvy is certainly proof now that a bfp can show up pretty late if AF doesn't arrive, so I wouldn't count yourself out yet. But I know you mentioned the prog will prevent AF, so I was curious how long your dr tells you to take it.

Well, BFN for me this morning. : (

Congrats, Savvysaver!!! That's so exciting! How late are you now?

allison - I am sorry! I really hoped you would have a faint positive this morning too. Hoping it is still too early! I am now at CD34 (usual 24-26 day cycles) so about a week late. But I think I O'd over 20 days ago.

And yes savvy, I'd recommend the FRER with lines. Since your lines are faint and took a while to show up, you're more likely to get a pos on the line tests right now. But no harm in doing the digital too, it may register by tomorrow. Just don't be discouraged if it doesn't. Because if you get a faint line on the FRER, you're def prego! :happydance:

Ugh sorry Allison. So when will you stop taking your prog? Do you wait a certain number of days? I mean, savvy is certainly proof now that a bfp can show up pretty late if AF doesn't arrive, so I wouldn't count yourself out yet. But I know you mentioned the prog will prevent AF, so I was curious how long your dr tells you to take it.

I always hear about people getting late BFPs so it makes me want to keep taking it for a while, but the dr says to stop after I get the BFN. I delayed it last time bc I was out of town, but I don't know what to do this time... I'm only 14dpo so I mean it couldn't hurt to just continue them a few more days just to be safe, right? I ordered some Fertilitea and some progesterone cream to use this time instead of the pills. And also ordered the hubby some fertilaid for men. Gotta cover all the bases. Lol

Wow, Savvysaver, you are late! Let us know when you test in the morning! I can't wait to hear!!

Allison, that is so confusing. How do they know a neg is a true neg? As we can see, positives are not always by 14 dpo. What day did your dr tell you to test?

Everything is just too much, you know? I have thought about trying the fertilitea if this cycle doesn't work. Not sure if my dr will let me continue clomid. So if no clomid, def may try it.

I don't think I told you guys, but my reading should be on or before Dec 4. So this is an exciting week. Husband has his first appointment Wed, I may or may not have an apt on Tues. I was thinking of canceling it. Not much she can tell me right now. She scheduled it 3 months after she prescribed clomid...but I had a couple of weeks before I started it. So the timing is off. But then again, it would only be a $30 co-pay, so I may go ahead & go. Then the reading is next. Realling hoping for some positive energy.

Allison, maybe you should mention that to your doc. Just that you know some ladies who didn't get their BFPs until 20dpo or so. I know you wouldn't wanna drag your cycles out that long every time, but I wonder if you were to stop taking the prog and happened to be prego, maybe a few days off it doesn't hurt anything, and then if AF still doesn't arrive, you take another hpt and if it's pos, you start the prog again right away. You could always ask him if that's an option without causing any risks if you did happen to be prego. Maybe that's why he feels comfortable telling you to stop the prog after a bfn. Perhaps he figures if AF doesn't show and you are prego, that he'd still be able to get you right back on the prog right away. If that's the case, then it would certainly be easier for ya, not having to drag your cycles out longer each time...

Beaglemom, GL on yours and DH's appointments! I hope all goes well! :flower: And looking forward to seeing your reading if you decide to share. :) Those have been fun! FBG gets hers on the 6th, I think....

Allison - I agree that it could take a few days to get a BFP - it would be nice if you could speak to your doctor for more options. Are you planning on testing again tomorrow?

beaglemom - Good luck with all of the appointments this week! Also glad you get your reading this week.

Erin - is tomorrow is the first day of clomid? Sending lots of luck and baby dust your way!

Yup, tomorrow is the first day back on. Wondering if I'll have worse side effects since I'm going up to 50mg. We'll see!

Will be waiting anxiously to hear about your test in the morning. I really feel like with a faint line on two separate tests, you're pregnant for sure! But update as soon as you test again! :happydance:

The line seems even fainter today, which has me worried. It took the full 5 minutes to show up and even then I had to really put it up to the light to see it. I read that some women get a faint positive before a chemical pregnancy. I think I am going to wait and test on Wednesday with a FRER, by then I will be over 10 days late.

Erose - Hopefully by starting the lower dose the last two months it prepared your body so you won't have more side effects. So excited you got the increased dose - let the countdown begin!

I think I'm going to cut back the progesterone to once a day rather than twice for a couple days. Maybe with the decrease in progesterone AF will show on her own. We'll see... Just tested again though, and still a BFN. Oh well. Maybe the fertilitea will do the trick!

Savvy, my best friend had a chemical but she had her BFP like 3 days before her missed AF. I think if you were going to have a chemical it would've happened already. HCG only doubles in your system every 2 days or so, so it's ok that it's still faint. Test again tmrw with a FRER and see what happens.

Good luck on this cycle, Erin!!! Fingers crossed!!

Savvy, some women may get a faint pos before a chemical, but plenty of women also get a faint pos before a healthy pregnancy. And some don't see their pos until bloodwork at dr. Maybe you should call your dr today for a blood test, just so you don't worry yourself to death. He can test your true hcg level in your blood. If he feels all is well, you won't have to worry. If he feels you levels are low (and I'm really not knowledgeable on this part) maybe they can give you prog or hcg to help. I doubt you need any of that though. But seeing the dr would ease your mind. They really can tell a lot more from a blood test.

Allison, sorry for another bfn. Hate those BFNs! :( I think you have a good idea cutting your prog dose in half maybe.... Perhaps it will be enough to let AF come on, but not too much to be harmful if you were prego. I wouldn't think your dr would have you do anything that could be risky, do you? But then again, drs don't always think of everything, that's for sure. Maybe a phone call in to the nurse would be beneficial.

Allison - I am sorry you got another BFN. I think cutting back is a good idea, as long as your doctor thinks it is okay. When can you start fertilitea, would you begin that with a new cycle?

Thanks girls for cheering me up. I was pretty bummed this morning, but I told my husband...there is really nothing I can do now. I need to put away my computer and stop scaring myself by doing random searches. I am going to try to relax and skip testing tomorrow and hope for the best on Wednesday with a FRER. The lines do get a tad darker as they dry, but I know that doesn't mean anything. Unfortunately the earliest I could go to the doctor would be Wednesday.

Savvy, relax and try to take it easy...I know that's hard!!

I agree with talking to your DR about getting a blood test if you are getting faint positives.

Hoping for good news!

I can start the fertilitea as soon as it arrives. It says to drink it everyday, even while you're on your period. So I'll just start sucking it down when it gets here. I was teasing my husband and saying I was just going to make a huge pitcher of it and drink it nonstop. Lol

Still no symptoms. my temp is slowly decreasing so I think I am going to wait af out. i expected af to start today but we will see.

I can start the fertilitea as soon as it arrives. It says to drink it everyday, even while you're on your period. So I'll just start sucking it down when it gets here. I was teasing my husband and saying I was just going to make a huge pitcher of it and drink it nonstop. Lol

If this cycle fails, I am starting fertilitea as well...unless the doc keeps me on the clomid.

Thanks MissStacy, I am really trying to relax. We are leaving for a week vacation on the 10th and would like to know more before we leave.

My plan is to test tomorrow with the wondfo test and if we still see a faint line I will call my doctor and see when I can get an appointment. Might get an appointment either way just to make myself feel better.

Allison - You could get one of those huge reusable cups that the usually have at the gas stations - I remember my mom would drink water from one of those, she had to put it on the passenger floor on her way to work and a couple times it tipped over! As long as the fertiltea doesn't have a limited amount on it, I would drink as much as I possibly could!

FutureBabyG - I am sorry your temps are decreasing...hoping they spike up again. Is this your first cycle on clomid? (sorry I don't remember!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->