Onto Next Round of Clomid - CD1

This was only month 2 on clomid. I was O'ing previously but late with a very short LP. My DR was out today but I have an appt for Monday afternoon. My DR is going to call me Monday morning to discuss but they reserved the appt for me just in case since it's her only opening for a couple weeks. So we will see. I know we will keep trying just having the AF emotions.

My FI had his SA on Monday and he was all good so probably some more testing for me. It's been 4 years but the first year we were just kind of trying with the temping and OPKs but i didn't really know back then that my late O was bad. After that it was just if it happens it happens now the past few months we have been getting more serious about it since I'm getting a lil older. Plus having better insurance has given us the chance to finally see someone about it.

Btw ladies, I was skimming books after beaglemom gave her recommendation and came across one called Making Babies, that's a 3-mth program to getting prego. It's a dr who has these tips on getting to know your own body (since everyone's is different, and not all the same things will work for everyone), and figuring out how to get it in the most fertile condition possible. It's supplements, acupuncture, etc. along with strategies, tips, and techniques. One woman's review said she ttc for years and even had a few failed IVFs. She decided to read the book and follow the processes, so that at the very least, her body would be as ready as possible prior to her next IVF treatment. But after doing all these things, she ended up getting prego on her own before her IVF appt! The reviews were really good, a lot of women shocked that they got prego within a few mths of trying the stuff in this book. I was tempted to stay on my low 25mg clomid (instead of upping it), and read the book. But I'm torn on that, as I'm 37 yrs old and I'm scared of losing anymore time. So I'm still gonna take the higher dose, since it's typically still considered a low dose, but still gonna read this book and try these things in conjunction. I'll probably get it on my kindle app today. It's only $11 and my DH has plans this wkd, so I'll have the time to read it and get started on some of the things. I'm starting with the free kindle sample just to see if I get a really good feeling outta the first couple chapters.

https://www.amazon.com/Making-Babie...ility-ebook/dp/B002J05IPQ/ref=pd_sim_kstore_4

This was only month 2 on clomid. I was O'ing previously but late with a very short LP. My DR was out today but I have an appt for Monday afternoon. My DR is going to call me Monday morning to discuss but they reserved the appt for me just in case since it's her only opening for a couple weeks. So we will see. I know we will keep trying just having the AF emotions.

My FI had his SA on Monday and he was all good so probably some more testing for me. It's been 4 years but the first year we were just kind of trying with the temping and OPKs but i didn't really know back then that my late O was bad. After that it was just if it happens it happens now the past few months we have been getting more serious about it since I'm getting a lil older. Plus having better insurance has given us the chance to finally see someone about it.

I totally understand those AF emotions... At the end of every cycle, when I feel AF coming and I'm getting BFNs, that's always the most depressing time, and I even start to feel worried too. I seem to always feel better and optimistic again when I get on to a new cycle though. Ya know, I feel really optimistic for you... Since it took a bit for you to realize you had a short LP, and then for a while you guys weren't really even "trying", you could almost count that timeframe out. And this was only month 2 of Clomid for you, so I feel really good about your situate now, Hun, I really do! It's gonna happen.

Have you had an HSG? That is one of the first things my dr did. It checks your tubes for blockage.

Have you had an HSG? That is one of the first things my dr did. It checks your tubes for blockage.

I have not but we did discuss it at our first visit and it will probably be something we need to do as a next step.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Trying to catch up on the last two days here...

Erin and MissStacy - I am sorry AF showed up! Third time is a charm...right? Fx'd for a special Christmas bfp!

Allison - wait for Sunday!! I think a bfp on December 1st would be awesome! Extra baby dust spread your way!

Well I forgot to test yesterday morning, had to leave my Grandma's house early because my bladder was about to burst...rushed home and got a BFN! :(
I honestly don't know what to do right now, I am so frustrated. Every morning it feels like AF could show, here I am at least 19dpo - but I think I O'd the week before so like 22dpo - I usually have around 24 -26 day cycles and I am on CD32. Just about an hour ago (TMI) I wiped and there was a slightly pinkish color on the toilet paper. AF usually starts full force for me so I am not sure...maybe she will get me tonight. To top it off I woke up with a horrible sore throat and headache!

Erin and beaglemom - I would love to join your new threads so I can keep up with your progress.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Trying to catch up on the last two days here...

Erin and MissStacy - I am sorry AF showed up! Third time is a charm...right? Fx'd for a special Christmas bfp!

Allison - wait for Sunday!! I think a bfp on December 1st would be awesome! Extra baby dust spread your way!

Well I forgot to test yesterday morning, had to leave my Grandma's house early because my bladder was about to burst...rushed home and got a BFN! :(
I honestly don't know what to do right now, I am so frustrated. Every morning it feels like AF could show, here I am at least 19dpo - but I think I O'd the week before so like 22dpo - I usually have around 24 -26 day cycles and I am on CD32. Just about an hour ago (TMI) I wiped and there was a slightly pinkish color on the toilet paper. AF usually starts full force for me so I am not sure...maybe she will get me tonight. To top it off I woke up with a horrible sore throat and headache!

Erin and beaglemom - I would love to join your new threads so I can keep up with your progress.

Not to encourage the symptom spotting, but cold like symptoms can be a sign...but it is also winter & quite common. Good luck in keeping her away!

If anyone is interested in a Dec buddy thread, I started one, so you should be able to find it in the ttc#1 forum. It's the one about getting a bfp by 2014. I'm going to be active on beaglemom's clomid thread too.

Savvy, how confused you must be! I hate the part between getting a bfn and waiting for AF, but this long must be so emotional, because no AF is a great thing, but at the same time, you're having to look at those darn BFNs. Ugh!! Maybe you should see if you can get into your dr for a blood test if still no AF by Mon. Maybe you'll be one of those that just doesn't register on an hpt for a couple wks. It def happens, I know for sure! And if you're never this late, ever, then I cant help but think maybe, ya know??

Beaglemom, did your OB do your HSG? I'm really ready to get whatever tests done that I need to do, and I'm already talking to my dr this month about testing my hormones, so I'm going to ask about the HSG. Just wanna rule things out so that I know I'm not just wasting precious time anymore. I wasn't sure if OBs did those or not, but you said you haven't seen a FS yet, right?

Allison, is it you that said you're testing on Sun? Pretty cool, since your reading did mention the month of Dec. :) So that'll be 14dpo, right? How long are your cycles? Have they varied on the clomid like mine and beaglemom?

Wondering how FBG is.... I need to look at her chart and see how many dpo she is. How are you feeling FBG???

If anyone is interested in a Dec buddy thread, I started one, so you should be able to find it in the ttc#1 forum. It's the one about getting a bfp by 2014. I'm going to be active on beaglemom's clomid thread too.

Savvy, how confused you must be! I hate the part between getting a bfn and waiting for AF, but this long must be so emotional, because no AF is a great thing, but at the same time, you're having to look at those darn BFNs. Ugh!! Maybe you should see if you can get into your dr for a blood test if still no AF by Mon. Maybe you'll be one of those that just doesn't register on an hpt for a couple wks. It def happens, I know for sure! And if you're never this late, ever, then I cant help but think maybe, ya know??

Beaglemom, did your OB do your HSG? I'm really ready to get whatever tests done that I need to do, and I'm already talking to my dr this month about testing my hormones, so I'm going to ask about the HSG. Just wanna rule things out so that I know I'm not just wasting precious time anymore. I wasn't sure if OBs did those or not, but you said you haven't seen a FS yet, right?

Allison, is it you that said you're testing on Sun? Pretty cool, since your reading did mention the month of Dec. :) So that'll be 14dpo, right? How long are your cycles? Have they varied on the clomid like mine and beaglemom?

Wondering how FBG is.... I need to look at her chart and see how many dpo she is. How are you feeling FBG???

I was sent to a radiologist. My doctor was there. If I remember right, she inserted whatever it was...& inserted the dye...& the radiologist was there to read the monitor. But She did all her positioning first...I was covered like at a normal gyno appt...then he came in when he was ready she did the dye.

Savvy, when I was late, my nurse said come in after a week late & not to even waste money on HPTs because they are not accurate. Good luck!

Hi ERose! Sorry I am late but Happy Gobble Day to you and your family. Sorry to hear about af,but third times a charm. I have no symptoms. 9 dpo. I haven't been able to temp or do any hpts. i am due for af Dec 3 so she still has time. i usually spot but haven't had anything yet. i am ready for next month tho. dont know why just feel like its not our turn yet. i ordered a reading from cheri22. i dont know if you red that or not but she said Dec 6 we would get it. she has a family emergency.

Hope you had a good gobble day too! :) I did see that you ordered a reading. Can't wait to hear what it says (if you even wanna share, of course, hehe!). It's been fun reading those, and I'm interested to see if any of them end up coming true.

Waiting anxiously for your testing time to get near. I know you said you don't feel like this is gonna be your cycle, but you never know! I'm hopeful for you. :) It's amazing how different I feel about my new cycle I'm in now... After I got over the usual AF downer (which I feel for a couple days each time), I just suddenly started feeling really optimistic. My gut is telling me that something good is gonna happen in Dec. And even if it doesn't, well hey, at least I'll feel good for the month.

Keep us updated!! You're getting close now. :thumbup:

Erin, yes I'm testing Sunday and it'll be 14dpo. My first cycle on Clomid I had a 33 day cycle and last month it was 41, but that was my own doing. The progesterone I'm taking will prevent me from starting my period, so they told me to stop taking it when I got a BFN so that AF would show. I was leaving to go out of town when they told me that so I took it an extra few days to delay it until I got back home. Lol. So there's really no telling this time around how long it'll end up being, but I figure 14dpo is always a good time to test... I can't wait til tomorrow!!! Ahhh!!!

Erin, yes I'm testing Sunday and it'll be 14dpo. My first cycle on Clomid I had a 33 day cycle and last month it was 41, but that was my own doing. The progesterone I'm taking will prevent me from starting my period, so they told me to stop taking it when I got a BFN so that AF would show. I was leaving to go out of town when they told me that so I took it an extra few days to delay it until I got back home. Lol. So there's really no telling this time around how long it'll end up being, but I figure 14dpo is always a good time to test... I can't wait til tomorrow!!! Ahhh!!!

Oh good, can't wait to hear! I'm pulling for ya, girl! :thumbup:

Well girls I am more confused than ever. Warning...TMI...Woke up with terrible cramps and brown discharge on the toilet paper. Usually AF comes on full force so I figured next restroom trip I would start with AF. Well all day long when I wipe I get a little brown...is this over? Is AF here for me? No red blood and just a little bit when I wipe. Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Allison - I wish you lots of luck and baby dust tomorrow morning!!

beaglemom- I was hoping the sore throat was a good sign but I think it is the crazy weather! I just want a milkshake and I can't have dairy on my new diet :(

Just wanted to add that I will probably test tomorrow morning if AF doesn't get me before then.

FX and praying for you!

Well girls I am more confused than ever. Warning...TMI...Woke up with terrible cramps and brown discharge on the toilet paper. Usually AF comes on full force so I figured next restroom trip I would start with AF. Well all day long when I wipe I get a little brown...is this over? Is AF here for me? No red blood and just a little bit when I wipe. Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Allison - I wish you lots of luck and baby dust tomorrow morning!!

beaglemom- I was hoping the sore throat was a good sign but I think it is the crazy weather! I just want a milkshake and I can't have dairy on my new diet :(

Just wanted to add that I will probably test tomorrow morning if AF doesn't get me before then.

spotting can go either way. Good luck

Well...I never started AF yesterday and after the few wipes of brown discharge, that stopped in the evening. Didn't sleep well with my sore throat and got up around 5 am and as soon as a peed I remembered I wanted to test...so I waited, I did have a little water to drink (my throat is killing me) and a bowl of cereal and toast with peanut butter while I was waiting.

I just tested around 8:45 am and got a super, super faint BFP. I was basically holding it up to the light squinting to see it. DH says he sees a very, very light line...then he was mad that I was testing on one of those cheap tests. I used the wondfo test from amazon. I also had a dollar tree test and used that and got the same very super faint line. Right now I don't want to get too excited, the line is barely even there and I don't know how accurate the test is.

I am planning on going out later today to buy a good test for tomorrow morning. I want the one that will say "pregnant" if it is positive.

Well...I never started AF yesterday and after the few wipes of brown discharge, that stopped in the evening. Didn't sleep well with my sore throat and got up around 5 am and as soon as a peed I remembered I wanted to test...so I waited, I did have a little water to drink (my throat is killing me) and a bowl of cereal and toast with peanut butter while I was waiting.

I just tested around 8:45 am and got a super, super faint BFP. I was basically holding it up to the light squinting to see it. DH says he sees a very, very light line...then he was mad that I was testing on one of those cheap tests. I used the wondfo test from amazon. I also had a dollar tree test and used that and got the same very super faint line. Right now I don't want to get too excited, the line is barely even there and I don't know how accurate the test is.

I am planning on going out later today to buy a good test for tomorrow morning. I want the one that will say "pregnant" if it is positive.

Savvy, this is such fantastic news!! I know you're not getting too excited until you can use a better test, but if you got that faint line on TWO different tests already, and since you're sooo late on AF, then I bet this is it for you. Wow, how exciting! :happydance:

When you buy your digital, i think you should also by a FRER, just in case. The digitals aren't as sensitive as the dye tests, and if you're just now registering on the cheapies, it may take a couple more days to register on the digital. So a FRER is a good idea, just in case.

If this is it for you (and I bet it is!), then you're our first BFP for this thread! I really do think a congrats is in order, but I know you're trying not to get too excited just yet, so I'll try and hold back. :winkwink: Btw, you are also sheer proof about what we've talked about a little bit...that some women just don't get BFPs until way after missed AF!

Awesome news! Definitely buy a FRER...I hear they are the best & the digitals are not as sensitive.

Well, BFN for me this morning. : (

Congrats, Savvysaver!!! That's so exciting! How late are you now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->