open mouth and low bbt

chele

Mummy to Max & Hayden
Reaction score
You'll see from my chart I have a low bbt

I am requesting blood and hormone tests next week from my doctors when I go in to see why nothing is happening.

Can my low bbts be from having my mouth open a lot of the night? I did test my temp at 10 o'clock one night and still only got 36.2 - it's not the thermometer as I tried it on my husband and his was "normal"

Help?!

Yes, having your mouth open at night can lead to low bbt. Also, ask your doc to check your thyroid levels. I'm hypothyroid and my bbt is around 96.6 before Ov and 97.6 after Ov, which is lower than many people.

I have low bbt because of my open mouth at night - had my thyroid checked out and it was completely normal. Made temping go all over the place as far as how much my mouth was open/closed at night - cause sleeping on my side usually sleep with mouth closed - and temp would be higher. Sleep on back and mouth was open and bbt was very low - like low 96's.

hmm it's not like something you can really avoid is it? very annoying, still will see if thyroid is ok then just have to keep an eye on temps

I wouldn't imagine that sleeping with your mouth open would alter your core body temp but if you think sleeping with your mouth open is cooling your mouth enough to affect the temp reading I would suggest investing in a tympanic thermometer, that way you can sleep with your mouth open all you like :~D

It is a thermometer that you put in your ear. It measures the temp of the blood in the arteries behind the ear drum which contain blood from the heart... how much more core temp can you get :~D

cool, will look into that and try and get some true temps. Cheers chick

You're welcome, you will find them in most chemists. Shop around because some sell them at quite a hefty price but whatever you pay you can use them for life x

hiya huns sorry to say this but an ear thermometer is never recommended for temping only oral or vaginal temps are accurate enough for basal body temping, i started off with one of these and found it very unaccurate, i would take temp then staright away take it again and they were way different i dnt trust them, and huns i also sleep with mouth open and some cycles for some reason iv had low temps maybe because of this reason, BUT FF has always marked ov even though iv slept with mouth open and maybe slightly inaccurate, and the month i got preg i actually had real low temps but after OV they shot up real high, i can send u this chart huns if u like to maybe ease ur mind on the low temp and mouth open thing xxxxx dnt panic sweetie xxxxxxxxxx

its so hard not to panic though. All of a sudden I am finding out all these things and I so confused and angry that it's all so wrong. Why can't it be easieR? need to shut my trap at night somehow! :)

Ohh I didn't know that.

i actually didn't know either huns my first month tempting i used an ear thermometer and temps were real random then i read some info on a fertility site that stated ear thermoms are not to be used in bbt temping, dnt worry huns we all start knowing nothing, how do u think we all started on this site right girls? xoxoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->