Opinions on baby girl's name

Uh oh.... I'm starting to get bitter about this.

I'm sitting here in bed, thinking about how bad my back aches, and how HORRIBLY my uterus hurts, no matter what position I try to lay in..
How disgustingly sick I was for the first 15 weeks, and how I still have a very minimal appetite..
How I've been doing this for 19 weeks already, and I'll be doing it for roughly 21 more weeks..
How I spend ALL my time browsing girl's name, nursery ideas, asking for advice from you girls and other friends, making lists of what my girl will need when she arrives, posting updates on Facebook, while he's literally done NONE of that. Not even a Facebook post..
How I have to go through child birth, which for someone who doesn't handle pain very well, it will probably be the most painful thing I've ever experienced..
How I will have to spend all day and most of the night by myself with my baby because of my bf's work schedule..
And mostly, how I'm not married to my bf, he has no plans of marrying me, but I'm still expected to sign his last name on the birth certificate..

My DH has been good about the morning sickness and extreme tiredness. He doesn't complain about it anyway.
As far as Facebook, mine hasn't posted anything either. I tag him in most of mine but as far as doing it himself he won't do it. I think it's a guy thing.

As far as the last name... Is there any way you can convince him to hyphenate? My first daughter's father was verbally abusive and life was terrible. He wanted DD1 to have his last name. However, since I was never going to marry him I chose to hyphenate the last name instead (which was more for her paternal grandfather than her birth father). She got my last name too and I have never regretted hyphenating it. (Though now I've since gotten married and changed my last name, but that's a different topic, lol)

Hmmmm.. I never considered hyphenating. Although he'd probably be against it. I have two middle names, and I liked the idea of our daughter also having two middle names, but he shot that down. [-(

I actually don't mind her having his last name, because growing up I HATED my last name (it just sounds funny) so I wouldn't want to put my daughter through that lol. I think I'm just trying to find reasons to justify me pickng her first name. :shy: But deep down I know it has to be a mutual agreement.

Oh and here's a glimmer of hope... We agree on the nursery theme! :thumbup:

Uh oh.... I'm starting to get bitter about this.

I'm sitting here in bed, thinking about how bad my back aches, and how HORRIBLY my uterus hurts, no matter what position I try to lay in..
How disgustingly sick I was for the first 15 weeks, and how I still have a very minimal appetite..
How I've been doing this for 19 weeks already, and I'll be doing it for roughly 21 more weeks..
How I spend ALL my time browsing girl's name, nursery ideas, asking for advice from you girls and other friends, making lists of what my girl will need when she arrives, posting updates on Facebook, while he's literally done NONE of that. Not even a Facebook post..
How I have to go through child birth, which for someone who doesn't handle pain very well, it will probably be the most painful thing I've ever experienced..
How I will have to spend all day and most of the night by myself with my baby because of my bf's work schedule..
And mostly, how I'm not married to my bf, he has no plans of marrying me, but I'm still expected to sign his last name on the birth certificate..

I'm not saying he has it easy and I'm completely screwed, I know being a bf to a pregnant gf is not easy for him. This baby is just as much his as it is mine, and I obviously wouldn't be having her without him. I do think the best thing is for us to compromise together and agree to a name we both like, but... I feel like if I'm set on a name, even if he doesn't favor it, I deserve to have it, after what I've gone/ going/ will go through. That probably makes me a selfish turd. :roll: I wish I didn't feel like this.

Don't get bitter about it..not just yet anyway ;)

Men handle things differently then us who carry the babies. We are typically natural worriers while men focus on being the providers.

Don't stress too much over names or other things just yet..try to relax and it will all come together naturally. This is what I'm trying to do at least!

We have picked a name but as for what color to paint the nursery, I don't have a clue. I change my mind so fast that I worry that I will like something, Matt will paint the room and I will want to change it again lol. It even bugs me that nothing has been done to the nursery yet. When it starts to get to me...I try to relax myself by remember that there is still 3 months left to prepare. Tho I don't want to leave it till the last minute when I'm huge and can hardly waddle around :haha:

I'm the exact same way about changing my mind! Yesterday I was all about this one nursery theme, and within hours I had changed it lol. Same thing with the name Amelia.. I originally liked it, never loved it, but now I don't even really want it on my list. Which makes me think the same thing may happen with Aubree lol. :roll:
Ohhh well. I'm sure everything will come together in time. Waiting until the last minute isn't always a bad thing for us fickle girls. ;)

It would be a bad idea for the two of us to get together then...we wouldn't be able to decide on anything lol that would drive our OHs insane :haha:

Oh dear God.. It would be BAD lol. We'd drive around all day and never decide on a place to eat. And then we'd go shopping and return everything we bought an hour later because we decided we no longer like it.

Lol and I've done that lol....

When I pick out protein bars for instance, I of course have to look at the labels. I usually can narrow them down to two different brands but then can take me 10-15 minutes on deciding, do I want the ones with less protein but has 5 less calories or do I get the one with 5 more calories but 1 extra gram of protein??
Sounds ridiculous, I know!! :dohh:

when given options, I'm no good lol

Hahaha I'm the same way. I spent 20 minutes picking out a mop a few months ago. My bf knows when we go to Walmart, it's going to be a long trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->