Opinions??

Motsy

Reaction score
I've had some really strange discharge today. I had discharge like this with my daughter (I don't remember about my son, though), but it wasn't until towards the very end of pregnancy. I always wondered if it was my mucus plug, but I never really found out for sure. Anyway, it's mainly been yellowish discharge (light yellow) and there have been two amounts of light green. It's been exactly like the consistency of mucus plug, though - snotty like something you'd see on toilet paper after blowing your nose. The greenish stuff has been pretty thick and stretchy, but the yellowish stuff has been a little waterier. Just wanted some opinions on what this could be and if it could possibly be my mucus plug. I see my OB tomorrow so I'm not too concerned, but since I do have a history with pre-term labor and at the last ultrasound I had some interior funneling I am slightly concerned. Also, it doesn't smell at all. It's just like any other cervical mucus in smell. And I've been on bed rest up until yesterday because I had some things come up that forced me to be up more. I didn't go crazy, but I didn't lie down all day like normally. I was at least sitting and had to get up and go a couple of places.

Can you call your midwife? Make sure you mention it tomorrow. I am sure you know how important it is at this stage to make sure it wasn't your plug and to get help if it was.

I hope you are ok xx

Definitely tell your midwife - they can do a simple swab to check for infection (if they suspect that) I had it done once in early pregnancy - it was a little undignified but not painful at all. You midwife will be able to tell you what she thinks and if she thinks you should be checked for infection.

Thanks ladies. I did see my OB today, and she did a swab, but I don't have the results yet. She doesn't think it's an infection, though, but she did go ahead and give me a prescription just in case because I'm dilated 1 cm and my cervix has shortened again. She didn't want to take the risk of waiting on meds just in case it was an infection.

Did they mention the possibility of placing a cervical stitch today to you hun? You are 1cm dilated, and it is not too late to have one - at this stage it could work very well x

I've been dilated and funneling since 22 weeks and have had all different types of discharge. Even like what you're describing. At around 26 weeks, I even had something that looked like my mucus plug. Dr. told me since I was dilated, discharge is normal & even losing parts of a mucus plug is too. He told me that it may or may not grow back. I don't have a stitch and I'm on ultra strict bed rest (not even potty privileges) and I'm now at 34 + 3. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->