OPK as HPT?

Missalissa86

Reaction score
Hi guys! Ok so I don't have alot of experience with OPK's so I'm hoping you guys can help me! I have very regular 29 day cycles. I have never been more than a day late in my life...except when I was pregnant! I am now on CD41 and still no sign of AF. I used an OPK for fun last week (around Wed I think). It came up very dark, but not positive. Sat night I took another OPK and it was visible, but extremely light. It was kind of a squinter actually. I used another one tonight (Sun) and got another really dark line, but not quite positive. Could I have skipped my period all together and moved on to my next ovulation? Or do you think the tests are just wacky? Or could this be indicating some sort of hormonal imbalance? Lol I'm so confused!!!
P.S I have been getting very faint lines on HPT's the last 4-5 days but too faint to tell if they are real or evaps.

Hey girl...it sounds like if you have really regular cycles, you could definitely be pregnant, although that would make you very late for AF and I would think you would have gotten a very positive BFP. OPK's can be used as HPT's and since yours are coming in lighter and darker, that could just be due to how concentrated your urine is, if it's diluted or you haven't held it for very long then I would expect a lighter line.

What have you used for HPT's to get the faint lines? I would try a FRER 1st thing in the morning and if you don't get a line in the time frame, then maybe see your doc to have blood work or an ultrasound to see if you are pregnant and how far you might be.

Keep us informed, I'm curious to see if you are in fact expecting :D GL!! :hug:

So I got AF on the 25th, 15 days late. Not sure why I was so late this month as I am always so regular, but at least it's here now lol. I showed my positive tests to my BIL who's a nurse, and he confirmed that they did look positive as long as they came up within the time limit. So maybe I'm just very unlucky with false positives. I used Answer, FRER, Dollar Tree, and Equate (blue & pink dye) and was getting back and forth results. But it's ok, onto next time :)

oh my goodness, that is very unlucky, I've never had a false positive, that must really mess with your brain!

Well GL this month, hopefully you get the real deal BFP!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->