+OPK at CD24????

impatient

Reaction score
I thought I had OV at CD15 because I had a fade in to a + and a fade out. I'm now about 10 DPO and had to POAS so I used an OPK and it was + I usually have a faint line throughout my cycle but never a + isn't to early to detect HCG?????? I don't dare to test yet!!! Any suggustions?

If the opk faded out of a + I would say it wasnt a + in the first place. It would have just been the urine passing over it. Do you chart to confirm you O?

Oh sorry for the confusion, but by fade out I meant it slowy faded over days. The line didn't fade on the + test it faded each time I tested. I def had a + No I don't chart or temp. Thanks for the reply

Okay then it would have been a + sorry! It could be one of two things, you geared up to ovulate and got the lh surge but didnt for some reason and now your body is having a second go at it, or the the opk could quite possibly be picking up hcg, you would be about 9dpo right? The other thing is you can get a lh surge at different times during your cycle and its not related to ovulation, I had one once on 5dpo and wasnt pregnant, Ive also had one at cd1 with full on af! I would bd just to cover your bases and if af doesnt show up on time and you dont get a +hpt, maybe it was just late ovulation. Good luck hun!:hugs:

Thanks so much! We'll BD just to be safe! It is still very + today.

I got a positive OPK the same day I got my :BFP: I have heard that OPKs can sometimes detect hcg...I found this on another forum::

"OPKs as HPTs
OPKs are intended to detect LH. Since LH and HCG are nearly identical, OPKs will also detect HCG. The reverse is not true for HPTs. Home pregnancy tests will only detect HCG. So in theory, yes, and OPK could detect pregnancy."

Id go out and get a HPT if I were you!!! good luck and :dust: x

also see this website, its a great help:

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

I POAS this morning (dollar store brand) but not with FMU and BFN of course! My OPKs are very + for the past 5 days!!! I use them every cycle and have never had that. I usually have a light second line but these are all+??? I don't know what's going on!!!! Thanks for all the help anyway:). DH and I are BDing like mad just incase I'm OVing! I hope they go back to normal here soon!!!

I'd be inclined to grab a frer and make sure its fmu just to check. Keep up the bding just incase, but it could be your opks are picking up hcg at this stage being 5 in a row now, unless you have PCOS or the like that may be affecting the outcome? Other than that its just a frustrating waiting game for you now hun!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->