Opk help!

CKJ

Reaction score
Right, I'll be honest I don't have a clue about opks!

Here's what I'm doing n why-

I've just started first AF 6weeks after mc at 5+3 and have no idea what my body is doing. So, for this month I've bought 30 opk strips rather than splashing out on just 7 digital tests as I wouldn't know when to use them!

The instructions say to start on a certain day but coz I'm so unsure I thought I'd start straight after AF, although prob unnecessary do u think that's ok?

And it also says to leave the urine sample for TWENTY mins to reach room temp before u even test-do people actually do that?! (it says to on the main booklet but not on the individual packets) I don't think I have time to devote that much time on my pee!!

I'm beginning to think I should have taken out a second mortgage n bought 20 digital tests ;-)

Anyone want to tell me how it should all be done?!

Thanks!
Cxxx

Didn't want to read and run but i'm not sure. Never heard of leaving the pee to cool down. I have a CBFM so have never used any other opk's. Good luck xx

Right, I'll be honest I don't have a clue about opks!

Here's what I'm doing n why-

I've just started first AF 6weeks after mc at 5+3 and have no idea what my body is doing. So, for this month I've bought 30 opk strips rather than splashing out on just 7 digital tests as I wouldn't know when to use them!

The instructions say to start on a certain day but coz I'm so unsure I thought I'd start straight after AF, although prob unnecessary do u think that's ok?

And it also says to leave the urine sample for TWENTY mins to reach room temp before u even test-do people actually do that?! (it says to on the main booklet but not on the individual packets) I don't think I have time to devote that much time on my pee!!

I'm beginning to think I should have taken out a second mortgage n bought 20 digital tests ;-)

Anyone want to tell me how it should all be done?!

Thanks!
Cxxx

I think since this is the first month of you using them AND especially after a mc then beginning to test around cd8 should be good... I would HIGHLY recommend testing 2-3 times a day as you can literally surge in 6 hours- yes, it can take up to 48 hours- but you never know where your own body is at... I personally do NOT wait for my urine to be at room temp~ I read that but I've heard a lot of other ladies don't- and I don't- and they've worked perfectly fine that way for me. I've gotten my + every single time I've used them. Make sure you haven't gone to the restroom in at least 2-3 hours so that your urine isn't diluted and you don't get a false negative.

you can technically stop testing once you get your first positive.. but this month after the mc I decided to keep testing to see how long my actual surge was - also to give me an idea of when to stop BD'ing because my DH and I are WORN OUT! :haha:

Once you get a positive- I would suggest Bd'ing that day and 2-3 days after.. and I would stay active before you O too! Hope this helps hun! :dust:

I've never heard that about the room temp pee!! I always dip right away- we can't hang out 20 minutes in the bathroom and not start office rumors! I try to follow the SMEP. Start bd every other day starting cycle day 8, once you get a surge bd that day and next two days, skip a day and do it once more. I start using them around CD8 or 9, but I also ovulate early and pre-mc would get a peak CD11 or 12. My first cycle after my first mc I didn't get a peak until CD17 and then it regulated after that month. I just had my first AF post second mc so I have no idea what to expect this month!

Hi CKJ,

I'm exactly the same x
I started AF on 22nd March & am going to start using my OPKs today. Mine also says to leave pee to get to room temperature but not sure what difference it would make :hugs: Good luck & hope we get out + OPKs very soon :hugs:

Thanks ladies, VERY good to know I don't hav to leave it for 20mins lol

Thanks for all the advice, we BD most days anyway, so this will make sure we def bd every day over the vital days n more importantly I'll know that I HAVE ovulated n when which will stop me constantly wondering!

So glad there r so many knowledgeable ladies on here to ask!!

Xx

Thanks ladies, VERY good to know I don't hav to leave it for 20mins lol

Thanks for all the advice, we BD most days anyway, so this will make sure we def bd every day over the vital days n more importantly I'll know that I HAVE ovulated n when which will stop me constantly wondering!

So glad there r so many knowledgeable ladies on here to ask!!

Xx

Do you know how many days in your cycle ??? Mine used to be like clockwork but now I have absolutley no idea when to OPK test or when to do pg test. I've just finished my first AF since my loss and I feel a bit daunted by it all :cry:

No, I had one cycle off pill-30 days, then I got pg next cycle n then it was 6weeks after mc til my current AF, hence planning on using opks pretty much all month as I don't have a clue!!

Xx

When I used OPKs, (I used all types)
I never let my pee wait for 20 mins, I just tested.
also I did do an experiment to see if it changed the results by waiting the time stated and it never did ...

Ps Nattys, as we r at nearly the same point do keep me updated with how it's going!! It'll be good to have someone to share the opk experience with!! :)

I have a naive desire to try n keep it a bit separate in my mind, I.e use it to understand my cycle but not to obsess over pregnancy...prob impossible...but I want baby making to be fun n not clinical...equally I'm desperate to know what my body is up to! Does that make ANY sense?!

Xx

I know where you're coming from :) It's easy to get carried away. I can honestly say I have no idea about OPKs, temperature charting, tracking CM or anything and I think it might remain that way.
I'll definately keep you updated :flower: You will have to let me know how you get on with your OPK's x Mine were about £7 for 30 on Amazon

I will do! Got mine for 5.50 for 30 on amazon too-love that place for pregnancy related bargains!! Lol

Take care xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->