OPK positive 5 days in a row?

Yes im feeling pretty confident after today's temp :)

Where are you both at in your cycles right now?

I am pretty nervous for my appointment tomorrow. Do either of you have any advice? My biggest fear is that they aren't going to help me right away. That they will make me go through a round of testing before giving me help. I've also started to wonder if maybe I can get them to write me a script over the phone for progesterone right when I get my next bfp. I've heard they already do that for women with pcos sometimes just because of the increased risk of miscarriage. It's already clear my progesterone levels are lacking. And I am bringing my charts to the appt.

Ladies....I feel like the craziest stalker woman right now, but I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for sharing your journey's in such a public way. I love seeing women being supportive of each other.

You guys have saved me from going crazy during a ridiculously long and boring conference call today!

Ladies....I feel like the craziest stalker woman right now, but I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for sharing your journey's in such a public way. I love seeing women being supportive of each other.

You guys have saved me from going crazy during a ridiculously long and boring conference call today!

Awh that's so lovely :) Hi Sweet and totally not stalkerish!! Ps feel free to pop in whenever you like and welcome :D lol

I love this thread too - as you said, it gives me a lot of support :) Plus I love that we get to share our journeys....sorry about the booooring conference :/ Lol x

Michelle...I have no advice :/ Sorry hun....our health care is so different but I do feel you definitely have the right to be taken seriously. Let them know your concerns and how it is affecting your stress levels - and that you really want to make sure everything is in place as it should be. You just make him aware that you know what your options are. I think the script for progesterone isn't a bad idea! I hope he understands where you are coming from on that! Just good luck with it hun, stand firm and express how worried you are about x, y and z. I have everything crossed!! Sorry I have been saying 'he' automatically assuming it's a he lol. Ps eeek ovulation!!! :D Yay!! :dust:

Ah thanks Sarah :) Lovely lady!! Wow that must've taken a toll trying for that long :/ It'd be amazing to have a crystal ball that gives you a rough idea of when you'll conceive eh?!

Michelle, I'm liking those temps!! May they please continue :D [-o<

Bless!! <3 :hugs:

It didnt help that when I did get a bfp it ended up being ectopic and had to have months of treatment. Then Matts dad died just as we were able to grieve as no more hospital trips (months!!) and so it was such a big delayed process. I didnt get a bfp till the cycles before I had Alex. I became convinced something was wrong in there and just couldnt relax. When I was sent to fertility clinic they told me I didnt ovulate at all and that my tube was scarred and had issues from the ectopic. So totally gave up, they did tell me the cycle I was pregnant with Alex thought that I hadnt ovulated then either...so just goes to show you cant always trust Drs or tests either!!! x

Yes im feeling pretty confident after today's temp :)

Where are you both at in your cycles right now?

I am pretty nervous for my appointment tomorrow. Do either of you have any advice? My biggest fear is that they aren't going to help me right away. That they will make me go through a round of testing before giving me help. I've also started to wonder if maybe I can get them to write me a script over the phone for progesterone right when I get my next bfp. I've heard they already do that for women with pcos sometimes just because of the increased risk of miscarriage. It's already clear my progesterone levels are lacking. And I am bringing my charts to the appt.

I would say testing can be a good thing honey. If anything is going on its best to know about it now rather than going months or years then finding out about it. Im not sure how they deal with progesterone over there but over here I think they would make you wait before giving it or having confirmed a need for it.

Let us know how you get on! x

Oh bless!!!! Hi there!!! :flower:

Maybe you will stick around and be a part of us? :) x

Flipping heck Sarah you've really been through the mill!! That's a crazy amount of stuff to deal with. Thank goodness you came through all of that and you now have your 2 gorgeous boys :) I just keep thinking that if/when we do get baby number 2, all the struggles n stress will become a distant memory. as with all the stuff we dealt with before Isaac xx

Oh bless!!!! Hi there!!! :flower:

Maybe you will stick around and be a part of us? :) x

I would love to stick around! You girls are fabulous!

Sara- Sounds like you have been put through the ringer, Darlin! Bless your heart. Here's hoping things settle down for you soon.

Michelle - My sister is in a similar situation. Her dr. did blood work and some ultrasounds, but didn't make her go through any more than that before giving her the progesterone script. We aren't sure if it's helping yet, but they didn't make her go through months of testing before giving it to her. I think it may vary from dr. to dr. on what they're comfortable doing early on.

Carly - bless you, girl! I'm having a hard enough time dealing with BFN's I can't even imagine being in your situation! It's really interesting how it all works though! I am so excited to see how it all works out for you.

Ah thanks hunny :) Those bfns are just grrrrr!! Lol Have you been trying long? And I guess the process is the same, just loadsss more pressure at positive opk time. Especially the cycles we can only have 1 donation - mega pully hair out times sometimes lol. Also my body changes when it wants to ovulate, and the cycles I have had 6 or 10 +opks in a row have been terrible. Organising donations is an art all in itself haha. I wish you tons of luck this cycle too! Where are you in your cycle? Do you chart/ do opks?

Michelle, how did the appt go? Any answers or plans of action? :wohoo: woohoo for 3 dpo!! :D

Sarah, how are things? When is the testing n stuff gonna start? xx

This is only cycle 4 for us. I have a 17 year old daughter that I adopted, a 13 year old boy and a 10 year old daughter from a previous marriage and both of my other pregnancies were total surprises. This TTC thing is totally new. I am keeping track of my AF start dates and checking CM regularly. Last cycle I tried the OPK's, but never got a positive. I'm almost certain I am ovulating, but just don't have time to POAS every 5 minutes. I had intended on doing OPK's again this cycle, but things got busy and I forgot to start on time so I just said we'd BD every other day for a while and see what happens. Today is CD13 for me so I should be Oing this week sometime. My CM has been EW since CD9 so I'm hoping by BDing EOD until the end of next week will seal the deal. If not I'm going to start temping and doing OPK's next cycle.

I know it's still early in the game and I feel guilty for being so frustrated already, but patience is not my strongest trait.

Ooh the cycle I conceived Isaac I didn't get a true positive opk either - That's the one and only cycle I didn't lol.

Aw I think your plan of action is fab - you should deffo hit your fertile days :) You'll both be worn out! Haha :D Mega good luck and hopefully you won't need the temping and what not next cycle then x

OMG you too!!!
I use advanced CB OPK so they detect 2 different things, one is estrogen (flashing smiley) and the other LH surge (solid smiley), once the LH surge comes the solid smiley will stay in the window for 2 days because the big O should happen within 24-48 hours

CD12 + Flashing Smiley
CD13 + Flashing Smiley
CD14 AM -
CD14 PM + Flashing Smiley
CD15 + Flashing Smiley
CD16 AM + Flashing Smiley
CD16 PM + Flashing Smiley
CD17 AM + Flashing Smiley
CD17 PM -
CD18 (This morning) + Flashing Smiley

My cycles range from 28-32 days apart, this is not usual for me, I am even on round 4 of clomid CD3-CD7

So confused also, but I did use the potty and seen EWCM but since I am at work I really cant examine myself to much :haha:

Oh Faith you poor thing!! :( The first cycle of long surges I didn't use cb smiles really, so my positives were just cheapies. The next cycle I had a few cheapy positives before cb gave me a smile. Then i ran out of smiles by the 8th positive opk day - it wasn't positive upto that point and I was only using the single hormone one at that point. Last cycle I had 8 days of flaflashing before I ran out (those were the dual). This cycle I have bought a 20 pack!! Lol....lets see how this pans out :/ If ewcm is there for you, I'd think you're getting close!! Fingers crossed you get a positive real soon - before you go nuts!! Keep me updated please :D

i have been trying to really force myself to drink more water. I've been doing great today but my bladder is heavily protesting! I think it's safe to say frequent urination will not be in my list of possible early pg symptoms. It'll just be my bladder begging for mercy!

I've had some twinges/cramps the last few days but can't decide if it's worth getting excited about or if it's just gas bubbles!

Just got a negative. No clue what's going on.

I know clomid makes me O, we did blood work last cycle and my progesterone level was 24.9 so this cycle she told me we would skip it because of the last reading

I feel your pain! I have + OPKs on and off for days before actually Oing. I've never used the advanced digis but I want to get them next time. I use cheapie strips and digital right now.

So my appointment went well! :) I talked to her about everything from my cycles to my mc to opks everything. I put all the little details in my journal. I did get a script for progesterone! I take my first suppository tonight. :) I get day 21 blood work on Friday (even though I'll only be 6dpo) and I will get the results on Monday.

Carly I really liked my new doctor thank goodness! It looks like you are getting closer to your fertile window how exciting!

Sarah Oh my I had no idea you went through all of that! I am so sorry you had to go through that I cannot imagine how hard it was. You are one tough mother that is for sure.

Sweetscarlet, Faith, & Mommy2Rosie if you don't mind I'd like to share what has helped me with opk testing. This is all what worked for me and of course different things can work for different people. Since a lot of women probably read this thread for the topic of opks, in hopes of possibly helping someone else I thought I would put my two cents in. So first a little background about me to give a fuller picture: I have pcos and I do ovulate but it is very irregular and then my luteal phase has varied in length. I have had false positive opks before which is common for women suffering with pcos or otherwise ovulate irregularly. I found a method of testing that has caught my O every time since starting even though I've ovulated between cd 24-44 and even though my cm has not been reliable. I tried the Clearblue Digital Advanced in the beginning, I had high hopes they would work well for me. At $2 a test it was a bit pricey but I was willing to use them if they were truly helpful. After using the tests for over a period of about 3 months I realized they weren't for me. I had SEVERAL days of high results, nearly two weeks, I started testing only every other day or two because of these results. And to be honest I didn't want to end up spending over $30 a month on a test that weren't helping. My first cycle sticking to these tests I totally missed my O. The only way I knew I had ovulated was by confirmation of 3 high temps on my bbt chart. And obviously I already was out of my fertile window. Being the research junky that I am I got ahold of all the information I could on the CBDA ovulation tests. For someone who has high estrogen or estrogen dominance several high results are likely to happen. Since a high level of estrogen is common in women with pcos that is why I had so many high results long before my ovulation. Also for anyone who has irregular ovulation unless you test everyday with this system from your earliest O date there is a likelihood you could miss your O. Now if you are willing to use these tests everyday, are not bothered by possibly having multiple high results, or you aren't worried about the price then by all means you should not have any issues with the system. I see the appeal of the digital result because there is no interpretation involved and in the beginning that is what really drew me to them because I was afraid the non-digital tests would stress me out.
What I have done the past three cycles that has drastically helped me has also been much nicer to my pocketbook. I started by buying a 50 count of Clinical Guard opks from amazon, although I eventually switched to Wondfo because the strip is a bit thicker. I believe it cost me less then $10 for each set of tests. Starting at the earliest I thought I could ovulate I would take a test each morning with first morning urine. If I even questioned that it was darker then the morning before I would try to wait about 4 hours (trying not to drink any fluids) and I would test again with second morning urine. If I was in a point of my cycle that I normally ovulate or I had signs that I would ovulate soon, I would automatically test again with smu. When I received positives I would test up to three times a day and keep track of the dark progression of the tests until I received my first negative. Thanks to this method I have been able to catch the O each time and have been able to plan baby dancing at appropriate times. When I have gotten false positives it didn't affect our timing overall because we still BD after getting positives and we make sure to act like I'm fertile until O is absolutely confirmed. Only then do we take a break from our every other day ritual ;)
Sorry this is so long to everyone else lol!

You know, honestly I don't know why I get the digis. Eventually I end up with wondfos because you're right! The digis just don't work as well for PCOSers, and very rarely did I have a "false" positive in the strip tests. Just the digis. I honestly ONLY use OPKs at all because...well, because I am addicted to POAS! LOL But I usually just use them as guidelines. My situation is a little different in the BDing department so I only use them knowing that it may not be "the one", and I continue on as if I hadn't gotten one until I see a sustained temp rise.

Okay, so lesson learned. The digis are pretty but I really should just skip all the expense and head right for the wondfos. Thank you for making me realize that! Lol

I'm glad your appointment went well! It sounds like your doctor actually listened to you!

Sweet- I really hope it is something that you can get excited about!! Fingers crossed for you hun, and lol at the bladder thing! Haha

Faith that's so strange isn't it!! They do say opks don't work for everyone don't they? Maybe you're one of those people? Is it always like this for you? Have you been opking long?

Mommy,I just can't understand why our bodies play such games!! Grrr lol. I got many false positives on opks but I think it was only a certain brand. If cheapies work best I'd go with them too :) Good luck

Michelle, soooo glad all went well at the appt and yaaay for progesterone! Hope the results are good for the 21 day too! I don't think a day will matter too much? Glad the doc was nice and I'm still a ways off but trying to stay positive for this cycle. I have decided to stop taking agnus castus....it really hasn't helped me at all in all honesty. It may even be holding my ovulation back a little, so I'll see how I go without taking it for the rest of this cycle ;)

Sarah, hope you're ok hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"