OPK positive 5 days in a row?

carlywarly

Reaction score
Ok so this has never happened to me before, but 2 days ago I got a light +opk and had a donation. Tested later that evening and it was negative. Later that night, negative again. Thought it could be a false surge. Yesterday exactly the same thing happened, except the test line was a little darker than the previous day. So after negatives last night i tested again this afternoon and an even stronger +opk. This evening it was negative again!

I never usually have this issue! Normally once i get a positive, it stays that way for 2 days - regardless of concentration of urine.

Does anyone have any experience of this? What was the outcome? I had another donation today just in case but will test again tomorrow and see if I get another positive.

Today makes 5 days in a row??!! Anyone else have any experience? Xx

Really, all that opks can tell you is that you are gearing up to ovulate....not that you will. What do you mean by "light" positive? Was the test line not as dark as the control? If not, it's not identifying ovulation.

The first 2 I class as a light positive and the last pic is a dark positive.

The first two are my 1st and 3rd days of +opk and the last one is my 4th day. Yesterday (5th day) was as dark as the last one. I haven't tested today yet as I wait until around 12pm.

Thanks for the info hun, i know the gearing up for ovulation thing...I've been ttc for over 3 years in all (including ttc my son). In all that time, this has never happened and I'm just wondering if someone else has had this, what might cause it and what the outcome was. Appreciate the help though hun - ps congratulations :)

Attachments

• 2015-01-12 23.28.13.jpg
    2015-01-12 23.28.13.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 2015-01-14 12.10.43.jpg
    2015-01-14 12.10.43.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20150115_114250.jpg
    20150115_114250.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 31
Today makes 6 +.....omg I'm so confused and frustrated :( This is my chart.....help??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-17-12-43-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-17-12-43-40.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 17
Surging for a week or so isn't normal, but it does happen. Often it is seen in women with insulin issues and/or PCOS. You say this is the first month this has happened. Have you been checked for any of the above problems? Unfortunately long surges like this mean a lower chance of conception so I would certainly get into a doctor and get some questions asked.

Thanks hun, appreciate the reply :) I was tested for PCOS but that was a few years ago now (before I got pregnant with my son). I guess I'm just going to have to see what happens this cycle - then bob along to the docs. Was thinking it cant be a good thing :(

We all occasionally can have annovulatory cycles. It might just be that, or you are going you ovulate later this cycle.

Hi Carly my name is Michelle. I've been struggling with the same type of issue. I've had a few tests that I would think are positive over the last 4 days. Also my advanced test says I'm at high fertility and has said so the past 4 days. It's really confusing because my tests have gone dark light and then dark again.

I've been looking at other ladies opks on here and it seems like a lot of people have came to the consensus that they're negative. Obviously I want them to be positive especially since my cycles are long. This is my first cycle ttc and second cycle tracking. I was diagnosed with pcos so I have been really diligent about things.

Obviously I'm no expert but i really feel like my body is doing the same thing as last month. I feel like my body is trying really hard to O. I've had lots of ovary pain. So pretty much the only sense I can make of it is my body is trying but it might take it longer than the typical to O. I'm not trusting the opks so much right now and am making sure to BD every day that I tbink I might be fertile.

I'm sorry I wasn't of help. Know that you're not alone :hugs: I have FX we both have a clear O day coming very soon and wish you lots of baby dust

Thank you hun :)

I guess what's really conconfusing me is the fact that for the last 2 days my boobs/nips have been really tender. This only happens once I have ovulated....and cm is creamy again. I'm just so confused :(

Really hope we ovulate very soon :) I haven't tested yet to find out if today makes 7 days lol. Good luck with the cycle! Really don't want an anovulatory cycle.

Unfortunately I can't BD the whole time I get + as I'm in a same sex partnership and use a donor while ttc. 2 days ago was my last donation and that's all we can have this cycle. This is the last cycle for me for a while so at least I should be able to address some issues.

Hope your opks lead to your bfp this cycle :)

Hooray think today it's just about negative :D Would you agree? X

Attachments

• 2015-01-18 11.36.56.jpg
    2015-01-18 11.36.56.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 7
Yup, the test line looks lighter than the control! I hope your temp goes up tomorrow. That would be great considering your insemination timing. Or at least what your chart looks like.

Awh thanks chick :) Fx tightly lol.

Good luck this cycle too x

:happydance: YAYYY CARLY!!!! :hugs:
I'm so happy you o'd!!! FX you have plenty of strong :spermy: from your donation!

Sorry for the late reply I had a busy past few days. It is good to know that the light to dark back and forth could end in ovulation. :thumbup: The past 3 days I haven't been able to do testing other than fmu but prior to that I did have the back and forth light to dark again. I am beginning to think it is the pcos giving me a strong LH presence. I ordered agnus castus in hopes it will help as I've read many great reviews. Today I had a strong dip in temp (97.6 which is the lowest temp I've ever recorded) and I have FX that it's an O dip. I really hope so I'm ready for the 2ww :growlmad: trying to pinpoint O has really frustrated me lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->