OPK positive but only for one day - what does this mean?

marycotter567

Reaction score
I started using Wondfo OPKs this month per suggestions on this forum. My cycles are 28-31 days and I started testing once a day (evenings) starting on CD11. The test line was barely visible until I got to CD15 - that day it was almost as dark as the control line. The next 2 days (CD16 and CD17 evening) the test line was back to barely there. When did I ovulate? Or did I not ovulate sinc eit was only positive for one day?

Also, we only BD'd on CD9, CD11, CD14 and will BD tonight - CD17). Do I have a good chance of getting pregnant?

Hi Mary

That sounds perfectly normal. For example, my tests show nothing until a few days before Ovulation when they gradually get darker. I test and I get a positive then the next day it's very faint again.
Getting only one day of positive I think is the norm.

If you got your positive on CD15 I would guess that you ovulated probably on CD16 (although without charing your basal body temp you won't know exactly). It might have been same day. It just shows a surge of hormones to make ovulation happen with 12-24 hours later. The hormone quickly disappears or goes down in your body after the surge. Perhaps if you had tested a few hours earlier or later you would have got a proper full positive. THe window for the positive is sometimes so short you can miss it. Advice is to test several times a day around suspected ovulation(but not first morning pee) to make sure you don't miss your surge. I normal test with second morning urine and then in the mid afternoon and in the evening in the few days around my usual ovulation. Once I get a positive I confirm it by checking the following day that the line is now faint.

You had sex on CD14 so are in with a chance of conceiving if you ovulated on CD 16.
I think Feritilty friend suggests peak days would be (in your example) CD13,14,15 and CD16. Best days are day of ovulation and the three days before it.

Hello! I use wondfos as well as CB digital. OPKs are a great tool but can NOT confirm ovulation. You can get an lh surge and not ovulate and you can get multiple lh surges in a cycle. If you had one positive test then you may have had a short surge. The tet line needs to be as dark or darker than the control line, anything other than that is negative for most women. I would suggest having sex the day of your positive surge and the next two days to try and hit ovulation. If you are not temping you should start because that is the only way to confirm that you ovulated.

Good luck!
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"