OPK Question

laurabe

At last!!!! :-)
Reaction score
Do your OPKs get darker on the way to a positive..? or are they dark, light, dark, light then positive..?

Mine were getting progressively darker and yesterday I had the darkest ( I thought not quite positive but very close)

So was hoping for positive today but it is very faint. clearly neg.

Feeling disappointed. Wonder if there is a chance yesterdays was actually postive or am I just being too impatient.. ?

mine get progressivly darker till i get a positive then they go back to neg. Are you taking them at diffrent times of the day? x

Thanks for your reply..

I've been doing them roughly the same time in the afternoon but this mornings was with FMU.. I will try again later..

Just wasnt expecting it to be so faint.. barely there. :(

I have heard some of them have a light to dark pattern.

I check it twice a day once in the morning after FMU and once in the night.
For me I found the morning tests a bit darker than the night tests. But no pattern for me, it's just light and on the day of surge it darkens.
Hope this helps.:thumbup:

I am glad you asked this question! I bought my first OPK kit today and was wondering the same thing. I had a faint line, so I was hoping it meant that I am on my way to ovulation. I am going to take pictures and compare them, just to make sure. :)

I had faint lines from cd8 they just didn't get any darker, then on cd16 it was a blaring positive.

It's only my first month of using OPK's so I don't know if its normal for me or not

Cycle Day 18 now and they have been clearly negative since starting this tread..

Wish ovulation was more obvious ! aaarrrggghhhh lol

What time of day are you taking them?

I do one in the morning and one in the afternoon

Are the ones in the afternoon darker than the ones in the morning? On the instructions, it says to use first morning urine, but in doing research, I have found that you're supposed to do it in the afternoon. I'm not sure what to believe. :shrug:

they are all pretty faint.. :/ had a darker one a couple of days ago.. like almost positive but all very faint now..

First morning urine is the best to test.

See, that's what I thought as well, since that's what the instructions said. However, if you do research, most websites say not to use first morning urine. Who is right? :shrug:

That's why I do 2 a day.. they are darker today.. hopefully get my positive soon

I hadn't heard of a pattern before. Now they are getting darker again? I would suggest taking your BBT along with OPKs.

I've heard not first morning. That 2-8pm is best. Twice a day. The problem is the time when it's strongest may not be the time you test. So if you are really curious just test a lot!

Mine is no line at all, then super faint, next day darker, next day SOLID DARK, next day slightly lighter, next much lighter. Then I stop.

Actually after the first + I don't see a reason to keep testing. This is month 3 for me with OPK. Month 2 of adding temp charting with it.

I done another one after my last post in this thread.. was quite dark but not sure if it was a postive.. so I done another one and same.. dark but unsure if dark enough.. I thought sod this went to Boots in the train station open til midnight lol and bought a Digital Ov test and got a smiley face! woohoo.. only thing is OH is fast asleep I need to wait til morning to BD

So does this mean these are positive
https://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3644/bb004h.jpg

https://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5448/ov090.jpg

I thought the OPKs had to be stronger than that.. But surely a smiley face on the digi cant be wrong..?

I've only used the sticks, not the smiley digital one. They may get a bit more darker. Try before bed and in the morning. I usually have a moment when I wonder, is it dark enough? Then the next day boom, definitely just as dark as the control line.

i might just stick to the digis.. but they are expensive.. I got this for £15 but its usually £20 and comes with 7 sticks.. but sometimes my cylces are longer so I would need more than 7 sticks per cycle

Oh, my package comes with 30 sticks. I just buy the cheapest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->