Opk questions, I don't think I'm ovulating :(

skc22

Reaction score
Argh I'm stressing that I'm not ovulating at all!
I have a 25 day cycle and I thought I ovulated around day 11 or so judging my ovulation pain and cm.
I have decided to try using opk this month and I am getting not getting any lines other than the control line. I'm day 10 today so surely there would be some of the hormone in me? I have no idea but it has me really worried.
I'm testing around 3ish after a 4 hour hold. I just tested now (1.30pm) and nothing at all. I'm going to hold again for a few hours and see.
Is it normal to have no lines? Am I just doing it wrong?

If you are using afternoon urine you probably not doing it wrong. I know for me I don't ovulate until the 16 or 17 so I get negative until date 14. Although these OPKs to tell you when the surge is happening the only way to confirm ovulation is really tempting.

Keep peeing on those sticks until you find your line do not give up!

Thanks :) I guess I'm worried too that if I do ovulate later than I thought then the luteal phase will be too short. I was having 28 day cycles when I fell pregnant with my daughter but she was a surprise baby anyway so I didn't have the ttc worries.

I might have to start temping. It wasn't really possible before as I was up with my toddler 5-10 times a night, but she has just started sleeping through so I should be able to get a reading at the same time now.

I started using opks last month and I thought I o'd on CD14 as I had a 28day cycle or so I thought... turns out I didn't get a pos opk til CD22 which then cause my cycle to be 7 days longer, same has happened this month aswell. I would maybe try tempting aswell. this is my first cycle trying to temp, it is confusing to start with but theres a lot of people on here that help you try work it all out lol :)

Mine don't have another line until the day before I get a positive - this cycle I ovulated cd17 - had a faint line cd16 then a strong line on day 17 - then back to no lines on day 18 :) I temp as well, so ovulation was confirmed as cd17 too.

Thanks :) Hopefully I get that second line in the next few days then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->