opk's not definite proof of ovulation?

josephine3

Reaction score
Hi while i dont want to worry u i notice everyone talks about opks as if they are proof of ovulation. i have never used one myself but looked it up on the internet and found they detect the presence of LH (if i remember correctly) which there is a surge in shortly before ovulation. however a number of other things can cause this surge including some illnessess and even stress!

are u already aware of this? maybe u are but it worries me that even that poas test isnt reliable!! am i the only one worrying about this or am i being daft?!

no offence by the way u ladies know a lot lol just thought i would share the info :winkwink:

:flower:

I think most people on B and B are aware that there is always some level of LH in our system. OPKs are not considered positive until dark or darker than the control line and most people know that.

It is definitely not proof of O, but is great at helping predict that O is about to occur. Many people temp along with OPKs to get more accuracy. I give OPKs full credit of helping me conceive. I O'd early that cycle and would not had known without the OPK.

Hey! I read the same thing, and it really alarmed me too,
This cycle I am going to temp,
and use digital OPKs =)

if u temp aswell this shows defo O x

Hey! I read the same thing, and it really alarmed me too,
This cycle I am going to temp,
and use digital OPKs =)

digital OPKs are mighty expensive, id buy internet cheapies and if you start to see a surge then use a digital OPK..... Unless your rich then ignore me lol

i used to use IC cheapy OPK and temp with FF together its the only sure way to know 100% u ov'ed, i got admit only rarely did i get a pos looking OPK and not ov and i found out that sometimes the body gears for ov but doesnt quite make it then a few days later u get another pos OPK and temps confirm ov....but i got say everytime i geared but didnt ov my opk was never very dark (just same as control) but my normal surge with ovulation would have a pos line twice as dark as control i always knew then i would defo ov ;)

if u temp aswell this shows defo O x

hi ya, do you have to temp from CD 1 for it to show up on FF? xx:thumbup:

idealy u should temp from cd1 till af shows at end of that cycle or bfp comes, the more days worth of temps u have the more accurate FF can be about ur ov date, and always make sure u temp around same time each morning and b4 u get out of bed or they wont be accurate temps (as for the time of day give or take 1-2 hours i found never made a diff it did if was more than that though ) hope this helps, i temped and OPK'd for over 2 years so if u ever need any info just PM me anytime xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->