Orlando Florida

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
Hey,

We are hoping to go to Orlando (me hubby and 2 kids) but really need some tips. We live in Scotland so flying from Glasgow/Edinburgh/Gatwick are all options.

I'm not sure whether to go for villa and hire a car - what puts me off is it seems to be quite expensive with insurance, fuel, parking and since we will be in the parks pretty much every day with just a few wee rest days it seems pointless as we won't be in the villa much. Looking for 2 weeks roughly.

or should be go for an apartment on international drive and use Lynx shuttle buses, get the inclusive breakfast and take snacks?

where is best for park tickets?

what's the best time of year to go?

best to fly with?

is it cheaper to do it all together or book everything seperate?

rough guide on spending money? difficult to answer I know.

anything else I need to know. Looking to go 2020 as need to save!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer x

We travel to Orlando alot, normally pay £400pp for flights, travel either April/May but this year we are going in December for Xmas there.
Thomson normally have some fab late deals on flights April, May and June, if you can wait to book a late deal.
We are travelling with Norweigan from Gatwick this year.
British airways with a fly drive option works out a good price as well sometimes, plus you can pay a deposit instead of paying up front for all the flights.
We always have a villa, can pay £400-£600 per week for a 4 bed villa with pool,We like having the space and the kids love the pool.
We have a 7 seater car, We are there for 3 weeks in December and with everything is £515, though Disney and universal parking charge I believe have just gone up to $25 a day if off site, if stay in site at disney until 2020 I think parking is free for guests staying on site.
Tickets ate pretty much the same give or take £10-£15 pp I would say.
As for parks are you looking to do just Disney? or to include Universal as well?
We take approx £150 per day for spends and never spend it all though we are not big shoppers and eat breakfast at the villa, snacks at the parks and either eat off site either I drive/Kissimmee or back at the villa for our evening meal.
If you need any more help, I'm happy to help, I worked for Thomas cook for 13 years as well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->